• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2022

Bluebag

Banned
Post on the AAGPS thread. Looks like ASH will be playing Joey's 2nds.

Getting excited, I have just seen the Joeys game schedule for Saturday. Looking forward to a packed day of good rugby at The Park, the rowers lot for lunch and hopefully a cold can of beer or 2 with mates at Jack's to finish the day off. Games are against Marist Canberra, St Greg's and Ashgrove in the most part. 1's and A's all Vs Canberra.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Anyone got any team lists or tours details I believe Marist are going to Sydney and pats have a trial game this weekend otherwise aic rugby seems pretty dead at the moment anyone want to give there 5cents
AIC is a second grade comp so all the noise is only self promotion.

Before I get howled down, yes there are some very talented players in the AIC and they have also provided plenty of troops onto bigger and better things over the years.

My comment is based on the overall strength and quality of the competition.

Its an old discussion but the only answer is to put the AIC up against the GPS in some sort of "finals" program. Of course wont happen until the headmasters align about what term rugby will be played. Thats a whole other discussion of course.

AIC is a second grade comp so all the noise is only self promotion.

Before I get howled down, yes there are some very talented players in the AIC and they have also provided plenty of troops onto bigger and better things over the years.

My comment is based on the overall strength and quality of the competition.

Its an old discussion but the only answer is to put the AIC up against the GPS in some sort of "finals" program. Of course wont happen until the headmasters align about what term rugby will be played. Thats a whole other discussion of course.
Strongly agree ASH also playing Knox’s today could old mates who’s son goes there let us know the score cheers

Tame Brumby

Stan Wickham (3)
My son was at the game tonight. Knox fielded players from their firsts and seconds interchangeably and came away pretty easy winners - around 50-0. Apparently a significant gap in size. Knox does have some big units this year.

My son was at the game tonight. Knox fielded players from their firsts and seconds interchangeably and came away pretty easy winners - around 50-0. Apparently a significant gap in size. Knox does have some big units this year.
Marist hammered interesting too see how they go against joeys never want to start a season with no solid preformances

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

The GPS comp is a war of scholarships, only 2 or 3 teams can ever win the comp in any given year based on their recruiting Hardly makes it a stronger comp!
its not a stronger comp because of schools recruiting a few players.

It is a stronger comp because they have more players of a higher standard. This is generally from the effort put into coaching skills at the younger age groups that develop as the lads grow.

If you take the 1st XV out of it and compare the 2nd XV GPS Standard to the 2nd XV AIC standard you will see the marked difference.

54 - 0 a sprinkling of 1st XV players primarily 2nd/3rd XV

Wow, imagine how they would go against Powerhouses like Waverley and Aloys.
Powerhouse Aloys? Aloy's havent won a thing in my entire time (since 1991) associated with Knox as a student and as a parent, its always either Knox, Waverley or Barker, with all 3 schools regularly beating the might of St Josephs College in the 1stXV game.

Powerhouse Aloys? Aloy's havent won a thing in my entire time (since 1991) associated with Knox as a student and as a parent, its always either Knox, Waverley or Barker, with all 3 schools regularly beating the might of St Josephs College in the 1stXV game.
The ASH boys were mainly there own seconds team aswell I have heard so not to much to worry about probaly saving there boys for the joeys game

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
The ASH boys were mainly there own seconds team aswell I have heard so not to much to worry about probaly saving there boys for the joeys game

Nope, they have only taken a squad of 25 or so, so pretty much a 1st XV. This won't be a great couple of years for Ash. No back up from year 11's like the last few years, and Harry Gould is on his own in the front row, unlike last year, Doubt Pat Gavin will play too. Copping a few beatings in Sydney will not be a bad thing though. They'll do OK in the AIC comp, top 4 probably. Liking the look of SPLC, they have been playing in the BJRU lightning Colts comp and do not take a backwards step. Beat a very big UQ team a few weeks ago who have been rolling over other teams. Plenty of pace in the backs, and Kayden Pritchard yet to return. Smokey.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
And FFS, your spelling and structure is appalling. I don't consider myself a grammar nazi but please get it together, it's embarrassing.

And FFS, your spelling and structure is appalling. I don't consider myself a grammar nazi but please get it together, it's embarrassing.
Sorry T Bone maybe you can come over and give me some spelling lessons old blokes like me need those spelling apps sorry mate

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Was out at Ballymore Cup today. SLC, Peter , Eddie’s and Villa all competing.

My analysis is as follows.

Laurie’s wiped the floor with all opposition. Big bodies finding space, they looked really competitive. If I was MCA i would be worried. They looked the goods.

Eddies are tough and will be a big improver if the form showed today is anything to go by. Could be a real competitive team that may cause upsets.

Peter’s and Villa looked really ordinary although maybe they were running with 2nds players in a true trial scenario ? I hope so otherwise those two teams will struggle this year.

All teams play two games tomorrow so
let’s see what happens.

I know Villa has a weak Year 12 cohort and strong year 11s - but i cant speak for Peters.

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
SLC smashed Peters 29-0 and it should have been 40-0 I’d be worried if i was the Peter’s coach

Bluebag

Banned
MCA drew 12-12 with Joeys 2nds today. Joeys looked more dangerous in attack with more clean breaks but Ash scrapped well in defence. Disjointed in attack though. Dominated scrums which was pleasing, lineout still needs work. Hard to read too much into it. 7 best for Ash.

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
its not a stronger comp because of schools recruiting a few players.

It is a stronger comp because they have more players of a higher standard. This is generally from the effort put into coaching skills at the younger age groups that develop as the lads grow.

If you take the 1st XV out of it and compare the 2nd XV GPS Standard to the 2nd XV AIC standard you will see the marked difference.
I agree,the top GPS Schools 15A would beat most AIC first XV