• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2022

Dabu

Allen Oxlade (6)
C2DDD887-32AC-4D92-BC34-E7DC73307511.jpeg

MrMuscles43

Bob McCowan (2)
Number 22 really was a shining light in which was a tough day at the office for Padua last Saturday. A big forward with lightning pace, he even managed to score Padua's only try of the game even in his short amount of field time. Maybe this fella will bring the spark for Padua for the rest of this season. Usually playing the front row he found his way out to the wing for a well run play and team try.

TheLopsidedLurker

Stan Wickham (3)
Number 22 really was a shining light in which was a tough day at the office for Padua last Saturday. A big forward with lightning pace, he even managed to score Padua's only try of the game even in his short amount of field time. Maybe this fella will bring the spark for Padua for the rest of this season. Usually playing the front row he found his way out to the wing for a well run play and team try.
He was in the backs for seconds... did have size but unsure if he plays in the forwards... Anyways though, he was the seconds XV fullback and showed a wide range of skill sets matched with elite athleticism. Did manage to score the only try however off the Bench For the XV side, came off of one of Padua's few good backs plays. Names Josh Nevill I believe, unsure of grade but if he's in Year 11 he will be a crucial part of their premiership desires for 2023... Padua Might not be good this year, but next year they will be for certain.

Last edited:

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
There is rain and there is what we've had here, with annual rainfall falling in multiple weeks. You also have to remember that these schools pump large amounts of money into these fields, that are used for more than just rugby. Would be great to see 1st XV games go ahead and if possible A teams too. Should be announcements on this today.
Sure, And who funds that large amount of money? Fee pay parents. And then we get precious groundskeepers who want to close the fields when we get a bit of rain. Pathetic. Just do your job, grass recovers very quickly. let the boys play. They want to. I grew up in Canberra and we would have played 4 games a year if we closed the grounds because of rain. No wonder we can't beat the All Blacks, it's deadset insanity.

Dabu

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sure, And who funds that large amount of money? Fee pay parents. And then we get precious groundskeepers who want to close the fields when we get a bit of rain. Pathetic. Just do your job, grass recovers very quickly. let the boys play. They want to. I grew up in Canberra and we would have played 4 games a year if we closed the grounds because of rain. No wonder we can't beat the All Blacks, it's deadset insanity.
Calm down Tbone. It’s more than just a “bit of rain.” All sport has been cancelled across all codes this weekend.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
Sorry lads, just logged on again and saw my post caused a bit of grief. Not my intention. I guess my point was, and admittedly poorly done, after covid there should be every effort to have the boys play, especially the opens. For some it is their last year to represent their schools. The ovals could handle the opens only playing, especially if all fields were used, I'm sure the main fields could handle 2 games each.

And to Brisso's point these are children, no they are not. They are young men on the cusp of adulthood, and I stand by my statement they would want to play. Unfortunately they were not offered that opportunity. Hopefully there something is organised by the AIC to make up for it, maybe midweek games? That would be awesome.

Be kind to each other lads, not worth personal abuse.

TheLopsidedLurker

Stan Wickham (3)
boys enough of this rough and tumble, lets leave it up to the kids eh?
Expecting any big games this week?
Well Said Jim... MCA vs Padua will be a good game with both teams in the hunt for a Top 4 placement but both getting riddled with Injuries and Sickness. Will be good to see how it pans out... I believe Andrew De Jager and Mitchell Ross from Padua will shine in this game with MCA's forward pack getting more and more injuries by the week whilst Tom Howard the Year 10 MCA Winger will show his speed on the wing for a Try or Two on the day. Also condolences to Harry Gould, put everything he had for MCA Rugby sad to see his season and schoolboys career come to an end.

darrenlockyer

Frank Row (1)
I strongly believe that the capabilities of villanova can lead to a premiership. With prodigys such as Matthew Collyns and the absolute rig Fynn Gamer, i have no doubt in my mind that they have what it takes to destroy all gps sides and not to mention, the New Zealand schoolboy rugby does not even have a chance. As the season continues it is becoming apparent that villanovas andrew slack squad is more then just a rugby team, they are succulent, beutiful, relaxing, recognizable, continuous, dissmissable and full of integrity. VILLAOVA ON TOP.
In all my years of professional rugby I have never seen such an immature and idiotic group of kids. these villa boys need to learn respect for the game and respect for the fans.

TheLopsidedLurker

Stan Wickham (3)
Sorry lads, just logged on again and saw my post caused a bit of grief. Not my intention. I guess my point was, and admittedly poorly done, after covid there should be every effort to have the boys play, especially the opens. For some it is their last year to represent their schools. The ovals could handle the opens only playing, especially if all fields were used, I'm sure the main fields could handle 2 games each.

And to Brisso's point these are children, no they are not. They are young men on the cusp of adulthood, and I stand by my statement they would want to play. Unfortunately they were not offered that opportunity. Hopefully there something is organised by the AIC to make up for it, maybe midweek games? That would be awesome.

Be kind to each other lads, not worth personal abuse.
Unfortunately some people get too hot tempered over personal opinions. Midweek games sounds like a great idea as I remember in last year's Padua Vs SEC's game, the student section was filled completely and the overall passion for the game was much higher than a regular Saturday afternoon.

I heard their might also be another midweek round in Round 5 as the Regional Carnival is going on meaning many high talented schoolboys will miss out on the Saturday.

Overall, seems like some good fun.

Shane Buckley

Frank Row (1)
I'll tell you something gentlemen. It is an absolute atrocity to see what is happening to my beloved Brown and Gold.
Unlike some of you frauds I have actually been involved with the system and understand the development of these men.
I am giddy at the knees to see what happens this week at MCA as it will be a real battle.

rookie_report_101

Bob McCowan (2)

I'll tell you something gentlemen. It is an absolute atrocity to see what is happening to my beloved Brown and Gold.
Unlike some of you frauds I have actually been involved with the system and understand the development of these men.
I am giddy at the knees to see what happens this week at MCA as it will be a real battle.
Shane, didn't you coach the boys last year for Padua? You won 3 games... You don't know anything about the development of these fine gents.

TheWaterBoy44

Frank Row (1)
Afternoon Gentleman, I'm new to this forum and I have been reading through a fair few pages. Who seems to be the front runner this year?