• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks & All Blacks XV Tours 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Japan played all over the All Blacks….plus the ABs had a forward pass try awarded… Japanese coaching staff have drilled a great side which mixes it up on every play. Very entertaining… The aura of the All Blacks is fading fast…

I'm not so sure. Absolutely Japan have strengthened majorly, but I think the score was about right at the end of the day. You are possibly right about the AB "aura" but I guess that means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

The big issue I think is Japan on the improve.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Excellent game and great performance from Japan. They are going to be a serious team in the future and take some more high profile scalps. More power to them I say.

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
All Bleks score off a clearly not straight throw.

The Kiwi comms started the play with 'that lineout throw didnt look very straight' and finished it with 'executed to absolute perfection'. Righto boys.

Throw in the try awarded after a clear to everyone but Jonker forward and Japan should feel robbed.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All Bleks score off a clearly not straight throw.

The Kiwi comms started the play with 'that lineout throw didnt look very straight' and finished it with 'executed to absolute perfection'. Righto boys.

Throw in the try awarded after a clear to everyone but Jonker forward and Japan should feel robbed.

I thought Jonker did everything he could to show ref it was forward & the "you're fucking kidding me" look on one of the AR's face was priceless.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Quite enjoyed game, wasn't to surprised with closeness, think the Japanese are pretty capable of some good games, it's doing ot consistently is problem. We saw that when they beat Boks, and even making QF of 19 WC, that sometimes seems almost there target, rather than repeating it week after week. In saying that they got some tasty players, like the look of Dearns, and the Aussie born centre to start with.
For Abs, thought Christie almost confirmed to me he not really a top quality 9, Perofeta was average, RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) didn't seem to add anything, also thought Mounga wouldn't look back at game with much joy. Brodie Retallics Red card seemed fair to me, it was a case of going 6 inches higher and not quite so low he would of been ok, though to be fair he would be a little confused, he got a broken cheekbone from a player's head making an upright tackle on him against Ireland (was only YC) and he causes no injury and gets red. All in all ok test without being too great, much as I expected ( I still trying to convince myself to get excited about test rugby again, as I getting over NPC)

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sam Cane (fractured cheekbone) & Dane Coles (calf injury) returning to NZ, replaced by Billy Harmon & Asafo Aumua. DMac & PatT rejoining ABXV, Mark Telea staying with AB.

Edit: PatT will presumably rejoin AB after Lurch gets suspended out of the tour.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sam Cane (fractured cheekbone) & Dane Coles (calf injury) returning to NZ, replaced by Billy Harmon & Asafo Aumua. DMac & PatT rejoining ABXV, Mark Telea staying with AB.
Thought maybe Pat T would stay as probably without BR WOB. I would think that's just about curtains for Coles though, his body just seems to not be able to handle it anymore.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Other than the midfield the starting team looks like it's got a good mix of experience at every other position grouping: veteran front rower (Coles), lock (Retallick), loosie (Cane), inside back (Mo'unga), outside back (Reece).

Well this didn't age well. Coles didn't make the kickoff, Retallick saw red, Cane looked ancient, Mo'unga was shit and Reece was uneven.

Very few players put their hand up after that performance. I was an advocate for Perofeta getting his shot but he didn't take it. Perhaps his best chance is to target the 10 jersey in 2024 once Beaudy and Mo'unga leave.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
WTF is up with Carlos' jacket (? could be a brunch coat)? Collar & tie not too flash, either. Standards, Carlos, please. Remember you're a Waiopehu Oldboy. @Dan54 did you not teach him how to dress properly?

It was really refreshing to hear him critical of the ABs though. Would like him to be on regularly.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lurch to face the judiciary Tuesday night & you'd expect him to get three weeks, that seems to be the going rate for an offence of that type.

RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) released to ABXV for their Ireland A match.

Edit: Brayden Ennor also released.

Last edited:

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Lurch to face the judiciary Tuesday night & you'd expect him to get three weeks, that seems to be the going rate for an offence of that type.

RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) released to ABXV for their Ireland A match.

I wonder if Brodie can get the 3rd week off / converted due to completion of a coaching course which has happened before this year?

That would mean he would be available for the final test of the year vs England.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sam Whitelock has been named Captain for the remainder of the tour. Good call IMO as it allows ASav to concentrate on his playing role without the distractions that go with having the (C) beside your name.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I think the coaching course make sense, show him the difference of hitting with forearm and also how getting jaw broken in an upright tackle are the things that are ok?:p:D But fair enough it's what it is

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All Blacks XV: 1-Aidan Ross, 2-Brodie McAlister, 3-Tevita Mafileo, 4-Josh Dickson, 5-Patrick Tuipulotu (c), 6-Dominic Gardiner, 7-Luke Jacobson, 8-Marino Mikaele-Tu'u, 9-TJ Perenara, 10-Damian McKenzie, 11-AJ Lam, 12-Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, 13-Braydon Ennor, 14-Shaun Stevenson, 15-Ruben Love. Reserves: 16-Tyrone Thompson, 17-Finlay Brewis, 18-Tamaiti Williams, 19-Zach Gallagher, 20-Christian Lio-Willie, 21-Cam Roigard, 22-Josh Ioane, 23-Alex Nankivell

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FgotMGPWQAEree2.jpeg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.