• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks & All Blacks XV Tours 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That's how I see it, perhaps I take a bit much notice of a hooker being a good scrummager, even apart from that, I think he had a couple of ordinary tests, but I don't think he a bad player anyway.
Hey I could be a bit biased, he a Nua boy and I know his whanau, so have tended to keep an eye on him.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well be interesting to see how things change with Barretts not flying out, no Sam W for a few weeks, and Will Jordan and Folau Fakatava out with injury. DMac and Weber gone up , so who will replce them in AB XV? Seems Sam W and Will Jordan maybe inner ear infections and hope to join up in Europe. Pat T and Dmac flying out with team, Aumua and Weber flying out tomorrow, as Aumua got a certain NPC final to play in tonight. No word whether there will be rplacements in AB XV

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Feel for Fakatava esp as it's the same ACL that kept him sidelined last year. Wonder if Roe is next cab off the rank or do they go for Drummond's experience?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In an article about Samoa's coach being unhappy with the selection of Levi Aumua in the ABXV it states that this is a "non-capture" team & that Aumua is therefore still eligible for Samoa & Fiji by heritage as well as NZ by birth. Also says Australia but I don't see how two seasons with Brisbane City in the NRC would qualify him.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Feel for Fakatava esp as it's the same ACL that kept him sidelined last year. Wonder if Roe is next cab off the rank or do they go for Drummond's experience?
Yep suspect this just could put Fakatava back a year or 2 WOB, apprently the graft has packed it in.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Certainly going through the numbers aren't they?
Hope that Bell and McAlister are ok for XV tour, both knocked around after final on Saturday

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ what do you think would be a suitable punishment for Mils Muliaina saying that he's OK with AB losing to Scotland because reasons?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ what do you think would be a suitable punishment for Mils Muliaina saying that he's OK with AB losing to Scotland because reasons?
Lol well I could understand where he was coming from, not sure I would go along with it though. That game on at 2am on a Monday morning here WOB, tough for workers, and us retired folk will just struggle through with a late sleep in I guess. ;)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not sure why NZR are in full mea culpa mode wrt AB v Japan & women's QF overlapping given they're not the ones who scheduled either match but, OK, whatever. I managed to surf between the NPC Final & the women v Scotland then the women & the T20 v Aus so I'm pretty sure anyone genuinely interested in watching both matches (as opposed to the snowflakes currently grandstanding about it) will find a way.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure why NZR are in full mea culpa mode wrt AB v Japan & women's QF overlapping given they're not the ones who scheduled either match but, OK, whatever. I managed to surf between the NPC Final & the women v Scotland then the women & the T20 v Aus so I'm pretty sure anyone genuinely interested in watching both matches (as opposed to the snowflakes currently grandstanding about it) will find a way.
I not sure if it's quite the big deal some are making. Isn't it funny how none of them knew until 3 days before, but make out that they would of had it all worked out. I will watch AB/Japan 1st half and then perhaps sur between them anyway if I wrooied too WOB. Still some just need something to maon about at times.
I will add neither game hold as much attraction to me as the NPC final did lat week so whatever.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Match day 23 (Test caps in brackets):

1. George Bower (19)
2. Dane Coles (84)
3. Nepo Laualala (42)
4. Brodie Retallick (98)
5. Tupou Vaa’i (15)
6. Shannon Frizell (21)
7. Sam Cane (85) (captain)
8. Hoskins Sotutu (12)
9. Finlay Christie (12)