• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks tour of South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Exclusive Sneak Preview:

"Obviously the new coach is Razor. He'll pick his assistants a bit later. Probably Leon and someone else. Also, the new NZ Rugby CEO is Richie Mccaw, effective as of immediately. The new All Blacks manager is Keven Mealamu. That is all. If your name hasn't been read out just now then obviously you are totally fucking fired, please pack up your loser shit and get the fuck out of here. You have completely buggered up the one job you had to do, righto, GTFO, no questions kuntz"

Reactions: ACR

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
What a fucken waste of time.

"An incredible performance and result from the ABs in an incredibly hostile stadium - we're delighted for the team and management after the last few weeks of adversity"

"We'll be making no further comment until that time which will likely be the middle or latter of the week coming up"

Announcement of an announcement at an announcement PR bullshittery.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
jim-carey-drink.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Epic troll from Mark Robinson.

"Oh, so you media pricks slag me off for going MIA when the team are under the kosh? Fine then, I'll be scheduling a press conference every bloody day for you then. Thanks then to the assembled media for coming from all over the country for this, my daily press conference. My announcement today is I that had a cheese sandwich for lunch today. That is all. No questions please. See you crybaby dickheads tomorrow when I will have another exciting announcement to make at my daily press conference LOL"

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nisbo was disgraceful on comms. Even worse than Justin Marshall somehow. Do commentators not even care about being cheerleaders for their side anymore during the game?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
AB forwards fronted up. That's what wins games...I would still get drop Codie Taylor, get Laumape back in ASAP and at least try Ardie at 7 with Sotutu or Sowakula at 8

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It's nice that we didn't have to plunge the depths of anything like 57-0, but Foster can still jog on.

EDIT: Put another way, 1/4th of Robertson's coaching setup has managed to do a good job of plugging the leaks in his area of expertise after a few weeks. So we can imagine what the full setup might do with a years worth of effort. Sure it may not be RWC winning off that short leadup time, but I think it would be safe to say it would definitely be better that what we've seen since 2020.
Only trouble with that idea zer0, he seems to be getting an awful lot of players coming out saying he the man (I know what do players know they don't post on the net) and you could get a backlash anyway. It's strange that two players who said they were right behind Foster etc in aftermatch interviews on Saturday were Crusader's players, Mounga and Havili. Would you want to alienate the playing group?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
AB forwards fronted up. That's what wins games...I would still get drop Codie Taylor, get Laumape back in ASAP and at least try Ardie at 7 with Sotutu or Sowakula at 8
Understand where you coming from Bullrush, only trouble is Ardies has in every test (and super game) been every close to best player on park playing at 8, so you know perhaps that is where he should be playing?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Nisbo was disgraceful on comms. Even worse than Justin Marshall somehow. Do commentators not even care about being cheerleaders for their side anymore during the game?
They were pretty ordinary I thought qwerty, but then it's been sometime since I have really watched a game where the commentators aren't almost cheerleaders, I kind of ignore it these days, but I laugh at my missus how pissed she gets at Sean Malone and his style.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Understand where you coming from Bullrush, only trouble is Ardies has in every test (and super game) been every close to best player on park playing at 8, so you know perhaps that is where he should be playing?
Do you think he would play worse at 7?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Do you think he would play worse at 7?
No idea mate, but he if he close to best 8 playing rugby, is there a reason to move him to 7 just for curiosty's sake? I think he a pretty good 7, but not sure if he better there or not.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Yes hugely improved forward effort. Probably the best forward display by the ABs since RWC 2019 QF vs Ireland.

Jason Ryan has done a marvellous job with the forwards in just 2 games - you can see the huge improvement.

Backs still clunky early but Mo'unga certainly helped free the outsides and get the ball to the likes of Rieko, Jordan and Clarke in space. They need to stick with Mo'unga - clearly better than Beaudy.

Was really impressed by De Groot - he looks like he could be the long term loosehead - Newell for a debutant in that environment equipped himself very well too.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)

Nisbo is in his 70s now - i.e. it's time to retire.

The problem is the other option is Tony Johnson.....cripes.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
No idea mate, but he if he close to best 8 playing rugby, is there a reason to move him to 7 just for curiosty's sake? I think he a pretty good 7, but not sure if he better there or not.
Is he a better 7 than Cane? What would we lose by moving him to back to 7 with someone else at 8? Is Sam Cane THAT good that he pushes one of the best 7's in the world out of position?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Is he a better 7 than Cane? What would we lose by moving him to back to 7 with someone else at 8? Is Sam Cane THAT good that he pushes one of the best 7's in the world out of position?
Alternatively who is the number 8 who is so good that he pushes one of the best 8s out of his position. Don't forget 8 is the position that Savea is playing, the position he was picked in WR (World Rugby) team of the year last 2021. I actually struggling to think of any world class 8s we got at moment, we got one or 2 who look like they may go alright, but none that I watch and think hell you are as good as Ardie is there, in a tight test.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Reiko Ioane is not a centre, but he's our best 11 currently.

I'm not sure in this game what Rieko did wrong at centre?

He linked up beautifully with Will Jordan in the breakout which lead to the ABs first 3 points. He linked up well with Caleb Clarke right by the line in the lead up to the Samisoni try.

Defensively he made some crucial tackles.

I get the sense some have a preconceived idea that Rieko is not a 13 no matter how he plays.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

He linked up beautifully with Will Jordan in the breakout which lead to the ABs first 3 points. He linked up well with Caleb Clarke right by the line in the lead up to the Samisoni try.

I get the sense some have a preconceived idea that Rieko is not a 13 no matter how he plays.
Very similar to how I feel with Ardie at 8, Reiko has played at wing (and well) so now he can't play centre for some,but if he plays well at centre wouldn't you keep him there unless someone better was knocking down door.. Same as Ardie is playing well at 8, I can't understand why he needs to be at 7 because he used to play there and can.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)

Considering in the first South African test he threw exactly zero passes to his wingers, it was probably fair

Status
Not open for further replies.