• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Anyone gots training and diet programs

D

Dunnman

Must be a few big players floating round here..... any insight into nutritional and training secrets...?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Alas, I have no knowledge about weight gain, being a stringy 85kg fullback.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
What is your current weight and your goal? Are you a forward or a back?

Basically, lots of things to consider.

If you want to put on size any of the million variations of lifting heavy and eating a shitload of clean calories will get you there. People complicate these things.

D

Dunnman

Sounds like you want to throw hands, big guy.

Godfrey I'm a midfield back... basically just interested to see if anyone will do a cut and paste of their program and nutrition plan to see how the pro's eat and train. Not necessarily going to use it for myself....

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I would actually like to know some of the regimes of the elite players, particularly somebody like Kurtley Beale during the 2009/2010 pre-season.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Must be a few big players floating round here..... any insight into nutritional and training secrets...?

Buy yourself a 'Mens Fitness' magazine. They have some really good strength and power routines in their publications on a monthly basis. They have options for eother body weight or free weight routines plus often feature speed work. Younger brother started one from three issues back and his going gangbusters. I'm looking at its weight loss routines (looking at getting down to a sveldt 110-115kg) before I go down to Wagga for my Army Reserves induction training.

As for diet. Depends on your objectives.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Mum's a nutritionist, has gotten people off Diabetes meds before, its a diet which turns your body into its peak physical condition without exercise, but you have no fun if you're a teenager and forced to do it....

I once lost 14 kilos in two week on it.

B

BRIX

Care to share any tips RF, would love to hear about some first hand nutrition and weight loss. I put on a couple of kilos in the off season (depression) and have recently started going to the gym. Doing about 10 k's cycling 5 k's running in cardio and light weights with x4 reps x5 a week but the main problem I have is I'm not eating well. I mean, I'm eating healthy but I don't feel as if I've got the proper nutrition/diet in place.

If it helps at all - I don't take any protein shakes/creatine I'm 92 kg (optimal weight would be a ripped 85 kg), plus I'm 6'0 tall

Cheers

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Mum's a nutritionist, has gotten people off Diabetes meds before, its a diet which turns your body into its peak physical condition without exercise, but you have no fun if you're a teenager and forced to do it....

I once lost 14 kilos in two week on it.

It wasn't one of those soup diets was it? Horrible but effective.