• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU fee structure change for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Break down of our fees this year Brisbane Junior Club. 1st Boy $295.00 2nd Boy $265.00

No change from last year.
No change in the total or just the club component? Apparently that was one of the reasons the QRU wanted to add the state fees because they thought the clubs were charging too much. Is be interested to know how a club can charge $219 for fees that exclude insurance. Perhaps there's significantly more cost associated with running clubs in metro areas, or maybe clubs are using juniors to prop up senior infrastructure or maybe it's because the volunteer base of most sports is gradually being eroded and clubs are employing more staff to run their operations. We budget around $50 per head for club coats per year and somewhere between $60 and $80 for kit (shorts, socks, jersey). On top of that we have local affiliation fees, insurance and the new participation levy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
No change in the total or just the club component? Apparently that was one of the reasons the QRU wanted to add the state fees because they thought the clubs were charging too much. Is be interested to know how a club can charge $219 for fees that exclude insurance. Perhaps there's significantly more cost associated with running clubs in metro areas, or maybe clubs are using juniors to prop up senior infrastructure or maybe it's because the volunteer base of most sports is gradually being eroded and clubs are employing more staff to run their operations. We budget around $50 per head for club coats per year and somewhere between $60 and $80 for kit (shorts, socks, jersey). On top of that we have local affiliation fees, insurance and the new participation levy.

The clubs I'm familiar with employ a coaching director which obviously add a lot of cost compared to a volunteer run setup.

The junior clubs in Brisbane's west at least, and until high school age, have no issues filling their teams, even at that cost.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

The Brisbane fees seem much higher than the Sydney fees. I'd be interested to know how and why this is.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
The Brisbane fees seem much higher than the Sydney fees. I'd be interested to know how and why this is.

Just to add a bit more information to the fees we pay. Insurance is included along with the bags, club shirts, water bottles and various other "give away"items. We do need to purchase shorts and socks. There are no other outlays for the rest of the season. We have a coaching director which is also associated to the senior club and is paid by the senior club. All income from the junior club is used by the Junior club to improve the facilities. This in turn does help the senior club as well. I think the club is around 700 juniors. Also we paid the same total to the club last year so for us there has been no total increase in Fees. I believe the club has taken the ARU fee hit.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
At my son's u6 cricket today a mum was handing out playAFL flyers to the other parents.
u5-u8 - $140
u9-u13 - $180 ($140 for siblings)
all kids get a bag, footy, cap, bottle. No mention of jersey, shorts, socks etc.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Good article.
Some of the ARU line remains newspeak - But the overwhelming feeling I had was "why the **** didn't you do the sales job before announcement or at the time of announcement instead of waiting for this august site to knock on your door?"
The result just looks like the ARU put out a log of claims knowing they would back off but end up with what they always wanted and intended: which is really not the way to treat your generally loyal constituency

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Part 2 goes into that in detail IS. Essentially they outsourced communication to the States, which has worked in some cases and failed abysmally in others.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Another good one.
I am somewhat confused: Do the ARU say that the NSWRU and equivalents with their affiliated bodies were responsible for communicating the changes?
That would suggest the changes were in stone from the ARU's point of view.
If so, how could they expect the NSWRU or equivalents to go and out and sell the ARU's plan when those bodies would not necessarily endorse the plan?
Or am I missing something?

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Another good one.
I am somewhat confused: Do the ARU say that the NSWRU and equivalents with their affiliated bodies were responsible for communicating the changes?
That would suggest the changes were in stone from the ARU's point of view.
If so, how could they expect the NSWRU or equivalents to go and out and sell the ARU's plan when those bodies would not necessarily endorse the plan?
Or am I missing something?

I think he's saying that the NSWRU and all the unions were there when the plans were developed through the review body he mentioned in part 1. The ARU adopted the body's recommendations and expected the members to then sell it?

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Thanks for the articles Hugh. I'd imagine most Gaggers engage in rugby through the grassroots so it's nice to have the ARU provide some comment on some of the biggest changes to the administration of grassroots rugby in the last 20 years. There are still a lot of holes in the story, and it hasn't changed my opinion of the management of the process by the ARU and states, but it's great that they've at least acknowledged GAGR as a mouthpiece for the grassroots. They could do a lot worse than taking the time to look through some of the suggestions that are made on the forums here by people who want the same thing as they do - a better way for our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.