• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Auckland Blues To Infinity and Beyond

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
bluestable.png

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Big Red and Dalton Papalii' both in danger of missing The Day Of One Thousand Destinies due to injury.....

giphy.gif

Where's Naholo's voodoo leaves? WHERE??

giphy.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Highlanders Player Refuses Home-cooked Gift Basket Hand-Delivered To Hotel Room.

--NZ Herald--

Ahead of this weekend's Super Rugby Final, Highlanders player Aaron Smith has today refused a home-cooked gift basket that was hand-delivered to his hotel room by an "Aunty Doris Gunston".

"I could actually still see the razor blades sticking out of the scones. What the hell was that all about?" said the bemused Highlanders halfback.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
KiwiM coming through with The Prophecy here...

Just like the Blues every 18 years I come good.

Man Gibson is cradling that ball like he's carrying his first born through the Somme. Such a shame he struggled so much with injuries while at the Blues, but glad he'll still be in NZ (and presumably at Auckland).

The word is Gibson is off to the Canes and Ricccitelli is coming up to the Blues.

giphy.gif
tj(2).jpg

Just quoting these again - feels necessary.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Poor Ray Niua, injured for years, finally comes back for 10 mins (OF GLORY) then gets dumped. They mustve seen something they dont like about him. Riccitelli is a dwarf ffs.
giphy.gif

tj(2).jpg

Just quoting these again - feels necessary.

Oh look, I've quoted them again. Ooops, sorry, my mistake.

Needless to say I am the sad git who took that screenshot and, of course, made the gif.

This thread will never die.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Another addition to the reigning Australia-New Zealand Super Rugby champions.

The Blues continue to future-proof their Super Rugby squad with the addition of 20-year-old Tasman-based German loose forward Anton Segner on a three-year contract Segner joins last year’s key young additions Sam Darry and Taine Plumtree as very much an investment in the future, with Blues coach Leon MacDonald high on the upside of the rugged German who came to Nelson College on a school exchange in 2017, and never left.

The 1.92m, 108kg loose forward hails from Frankfurt, and captained Nelson College to an historic regional collegiate victory, captained the Crusaders under-20s and was named in the New Zealand schools and under-20 teams. He joined the Mako in 2020.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
While the loosies are stacked, the locking depth had taken a beating as Jacob Pierce has also left for Japan, which is disappointing. Presumably that means a Darry/Goodhue duo to start with Robinson and Plumtree covering.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I do like the look of that kid Segner, have been trying to keep an eye on him a bit as I found his unusual story of coming from Gremany etc interesting, first saw him captaining NZ schoolboys at Ballymore. He seems to have a pretty good work ethic on the field, reminds a bit of a young Sam Cane

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The word is correct re: Gibson at least:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ibson-leaves-blues-to-join-hurricanes-in-2022

Gotta wonder if that's in any way Ardie-related what with 'canes having Kirifi on their books as well (that said, 6. Gibson 7. Kirifi 8. Savea would be pretty tasty at Super Rugby level).
Was wondering about Canes getting Gibson. As you say they already got Kirifi and Ardie, so that leaves Flanders from Hawke Eyes (bloody good 6 or 8) Gibson and Iose from the Tu, so reasonably well off with Loosies. By geez we got some good uns in NZ haven't we?

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Highly sought after former Ireland coach Joe Schmidt has been lured back to the Blues franchise in a notable appointment ahead of the 2022 Super Rugby Pacific season.

Schmidt was confirmed on Tuesday to step into a part-time role as a “support coach” to assist Leon MacDonald. He had been an assistant with the franchise from 2005-07, before heading offshore to carve out a respectable international career, in France and Ireland.

The move back into coaching came after Schmidt had taken some time away from hands-on development following his 2019 World Cup commitments with Ireland, and is a positive move by the Blues after the off-season departure of key assistant coach Tana Umaga.

To quote the wise el Dismolo

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

baby-scream-fuck-yeah.gif
baby-scream-fuck-yeah.gif

I4VU8Kx.gif
I4VU8Kx.gif