• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus Babas v. Poms

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
whys Hynes on the bench again? is he carrying an injury? is he being rested for a start against the poms?
Surely he's not our #5 winger & #3 FB?? He was solid all season and made some awesome breaks. I'd pick him all day over can't catch KB (Kurtley Beale)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
regarding what these selections means, i thought Hawko had a great bit of insight from the blog post. so i've graciously swiped it :)

i agree with all of that. and i think most of it makes sense. but i would have liked to see douglas get a run on as i think he's earned it and should be right there for the back up lock spot.

The comments from Deans about form are pretty grating when you see Chislom and Chapman selected on "form" over Douglas, a 201cm young guy who knows what a lock should be doing, cleaning out, being direct and tackling hard.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
The comments from Deans about form are pretty grating when you see Chislom and Chapman selected on "form" over Douglas, a 201cm young guy who knows what a lock should be doing, cleaning out, being direct and tackling hard.

Don't forget his sidestepping ability.
[video=youtube;XLoPeX7bIzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLoPeX7bIzI[/video]

T

TOCC

whys Hynes on the bench again? is he carrying an injury? is he being rested for a start against the poms?
Surely he's not our #5 winger & #3 FB?? He was solid all season and made some awesome breaks. I'd pick him all day over can't catch KB (Kurtley Beale)

i remember reading somewhere that Hynes had injured his knee, might just be resting him for a bit

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
i remember reading somewhere that Hynes had injured his knee, might just be resting him for a bit

Yeh expect Hynes to get about 10-20minutes of game time off the bench so he gets a run in before starting or benching for the Wallabies on the weekend.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Poms named:

15 Delon Armitage (London Irish)
14 Matt Banahan (Bath Rugby)
13 Mathew Tait (Sale Sharks)
12 Olly Barkley (Bath Rugby)
11 Ugo Monye (Harlequins)
10 Charlie Hodgson (Sale Sharks)
9 Richard Wigglesworth (Sale Sharks)
1 David Flatman (Bath Rugby)
2 Lee Mears (Bath Rugby)
3 David Wilson (Bath Rugby)
4 Dave Attwood (Gloucester Rugby)
5 Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers)
6 Chris Robshaw (Harlequins) Captain
7 Hendre Fourie (Leeds Carnegie)
8 Dan Ward-Smith (London Wasps)

REPLACEMENTS

16 George Chuter (Leicester Tigers)
17 Paul Doran-Jones (Gloucester Rugby)
18 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints)
19 Joe Worsley (London Wasps)
20 Paul Hodgson (London Irish)
21 Shane Geraghty (Northampton Saints)
22 Dominic Waldouck (London Wasps)

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
England captain is also australian olympic gold medalist in diving

AUS+Matthew+Mitcham+Diving+Gold.jpg

oh wait...

Chris-Robshaw-006.jpg

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I just hope he plays in the tests so Rocky can show him what its like again :D

Ooh lots of confidence in this thread!

Watch Banahan run through for a hat trick. (I really don't think so ;)

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member

There was an article saying that Hynes has a long term knee problem (I'm reading ongoing irreparable cartilage degradation) and that post S14 he had one of the regular arthroscope cleanouts like the one he had last year.

I don't think it's good long term news for the deceptive paceman

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Co-captains is SUCH a cop-out. Whoever they tell the ref to refer to as the captain is captain, the other is vice.

I didn't think Robbie was one of THOSE coaches.

What a shithouse call that was. After the captaincy skill he showed in the S14 why on earth would you give Hoiles the captaincy? Bloody dickhead league ideas infiltrating our pure game once again, someone should be strung up by their balls for this.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
7 Hendre Fourie (Leeds Carnegie)

Sounds like an English Cricketer.

I liked the look of Geraghty a couple of years ago when he burst onto the scene with Irish but reports Ive read suggest he hasnt developed much. Anyone seen much of him in the last 18months?

Status
Not open for further replies.