• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus Babas v. Poms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PS it's Baabaas

Chip over the top will do with Banahanana.

Now watch him go!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This just popped up on my twitter feed.

QantasWallabies

NEWS: Watch the Australian Barbarians vs England live on the web

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/wallab...and_live_on_the_net,139457.html/section/21893

Don't expect much ...........
The experimental web stream will feature live Beta vision of the match, captured by a single elevated camera at ME Bank Stadium. The web stream will include audio ground effects, scoring and a clock, but will not include any commentary.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Sounds like an English Cricketer.

I liked the look of Geraghty a couple of years ago when he burst onto the scene with Irish but reports Ive read suggest he hasnt developed much. Anyone seen much of him in the last 18months?

I've seen him a bit on Setanta for Northampton. It sounds like he's very lucky to be back in the English setup as Stephen Myler overtook him at flyhalf for the Saints at the end of this season. They had previously tried to convert him to an inside centre but it didn't work. In the meantime Myler was going ahead in leaps and bounds - he's a more conservative flyhalf and controls the game better. Geraghty has plenty of flair but not so much control. Myler is in the England 'A' (Churchill Cup) team - he's the nephew of Widnes league great Tony Myler if you weren't aware.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
So I reckon the test team will look something like this:

B Foden (Northampton); M Cueto (Sale Sharks) or David Strettle (Harlequins), M Tindall (Gloucester), S Hape (Bath), C Ashton (Northampton); T Flood (Leicester), D Care (Harlequins), T Payne (Wasps), S Thompson (Brive), D Cole (Leicester), S Shaw (Wasps), C Lawes (Northampton), J Worsley (Wasps), L Moody (Leicester), N Easter (Harlequins)

Reserves: L Mears (Bath), J Goldings (Newcastle), T Palmer (Stade Francais), J Haskell (Stade Francais), B Youngs (Leicester), J Wilkinson (Toulon), M Tait (Sale Sharks)

*Lawes can cover for blindside flanker

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
DPK haskell plays 6 or 8 ,so blindside.

Lance Free you obviously could be right but the most likely 15 is this

B Foden (Northampton); M Cueto (Sale Sharks) or David Strettle (Harlequins), M Tindall (Gloucester), S Hape (Bath), C Ashton (Northampton); T Flood (Leicester), D Care (Harlequins), T Payne (Wasps), S Thompson (Brive), D Cole (Leicester), S Shaw (Wasps), C Lawes (Northampton), J Worsley (Wasps), L Moody (Leicester), N Easter (Harlequins)

1. Tim payne
2. Steve Thompson
3. Dan Cole
4. Simon Shaw
5. Tom Palmer
6. James Haskell
7. Lewis Moody
8. Nick Easter

9. Danny Care/Ben Youngs
10. Toby Flood
11. Chris Ashton
12. Olly Barkley
13. Mike Tindall
14. Mark Cueto
15. Ben Foden

16. Lee Mears
17. John Golding
18. Courteney Lawes
19.Tom Croft / Joe Worsley
20. Ben Youngs / Danny Care
21. Jonny Wilkinson
22. Matt Tait

Just a couple of changes to yours, MJ tends to play worsley at 7 not 6 so if we are losing you will see that happen. He doesn't trust lawes that much, he is very hesistant at putting him on.

I think Barkley will start over hape and ben youngs might sneek in ahead of care because of the leicester halves combo

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
That would be cool.

As long as they dont do what the Socceroos did with their change strip a few years ago and make it navy blue like the flag...

rustycruiser

Billy Sheehan (19)
Something like this would be cool:

4859.jpg

D

daz

Good pack, useless backline. Can't see them winning unless the Australian pack is giving away penalties and Wilko is kicking them over.

Situation normal, I would have thought. While England have not had a great win/loss ratio over the last few years, what wins they have had usually come from penalties. Just grinding away and racking points from everywhere inside the attacking half. 99.9% of the English points have come (or seem to come) from Jonny's boot....

As long as the Oz tight 5 keep a measure of discipline in place, our backs should carve them up. All the experts from Oz and England, and all points between, seem to agree.

Having said that, I just have a bit of acid burning my guts thinking that this game (and the one on Saturday) will not go according to script....Probably because I will be at both games and my attendance usually coincides with a Wallaby loss!

Losing to the Bokke, the Kiwi's and most other test countries I can deal with, in moderation. Losing to the English would be a fucking disaster....

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
The key for Oz A is to run the Poms off their feet S14 style and run directly in the backs and pass just before the tackle. 12 A Finger will be good for the straightening of the attack and as for running them off their feet: the Oz forwards are all pretty handy.

I'd like to see some Oz A guys shifting people in the ruck but it's just as unlikely as the Wallabies doing it. One lives in hope though; one lives in hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.