• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus vs NZ - 1st Test Sydney 17Aug2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
Can we really expect too much from McKenzie for this test. He has 7 weeks in which to make any difference. That presumably includes having to set up a coaching team and administration and with 2 teams of players that wont' be available, hopefully, for a few weeks yet. Difficult to get the team playing a different "brand" of rugby in that time. Maybe some tweaks and initial moves, but you can't change a whole heap of playing structures that the players have been working on for the last 6 or 7 weeks overnight. Not unless you just pick the Reds team as a whole and I don't think he will do that.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You kidding?
7 weeks is 49 fucking days.
He is not converting Soccer players into linebackers.
He will want to change their patterns. maybe a couple of set piece plays.
It's still the same fucking game with the same rules.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Just on this game though, this will be a great chance for us to have a crack at getting the Bledisloe back. As good as it gets with two away games anyway. It all hinges on winning in Sydney though.

We have limited injuries, we have Test Match fit players, we have had an extended preparation and it’s a home game. Link loves a hoodoo. He loves giving the boys a reason to play. He will get them up for this – I just hope he has enough time with them. That is the variable. When a new coach comes in, how the playing group reacts to them is the big unknown.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Yes, I'm sure he is disappointed in the way things have worked out.

I never said he was disappointed, as I am sure he believes Quade is a test match quality player ( I mean what other reason could he have had for pushing his case when Deans was coach right) :)

As an AB fan I am hoping he plays Quade. Quade motivates the ABs.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I never said he was disappointed, as I am sure he believes Quade is a test match quality player ( I mean what other reason could he have had for pushing his case when Deans was coach right) :)

As an AB fan I am hoping he plays Quade. Quade motivates the ABs.

Wallabies versus All Blacks

Cooper playing: Played 6, Won 2 (33%)
Not Playing: Played 7, Won 0 (0%)

Wallabies seem to benefit from said motivation!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
[Broken record] We have to import some scrum knowledge. A rough Englishman or a psycho Georgian.[/broken record]

YES!

People have spent forever talking about how we need an Aussie coach who understands Australian rugby culture so the Wallabies can play a Wallaby-esque style of rugby.

Surely the opposite is true in the scrum. Scrummaging has not been a strong point in our rugby DNA for a very long time.

Let's find a coach from overseas who does have it in his DNA.

The two key appointments that McKenzie needs to make are his scrum coach and a kicking coach.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Wallabies versus All Blacks

Cooper playing: Played 6, Won 2 (33%)
Not Playing: Played 7, Won 0 (0%)

Wallabies seem to benefit from said motivation!

I'm a Cooper fan so I have no idea why I'm pointing this out but, the game after the "push" with Cooper playing we lost. We won the Brisbane game in the Tri-Nations in which QC (Quade Cooper) "bumped" Sir Richie with his leg :)D) but then haven't won a Test with him playing since. The motivation FrankLind refers to may be a recent thing. :confused:

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
I'm a Cooper fan so I have no idea why I'm pointing this out but, the game after the "push" with Cooper playing we lost. We won the Brisbane game in the Tri-Nations in which QC (Quade Cooper) "bumped" Sir Richie with his leg :)D) but then haven't won a Test with him playing since. The motivation FrankLind refers to may be a recent thing. :confused:
I would like to see some serious question being asked about the All Blacks' commitment. It appears they can only get motivated against the Wallabies where they can give vent to this vendetta against Cooper. I for one will be happy that we don't see any more meek surrenders like we have seen from the All Blacks recently now that Cooper is back in the fold. Good to have some competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.