• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aus vs NZ - 1st Test Sydney 17Aug2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
If you're happy with a 33% win record then I am too. To win all the time gets a little monotonous ;)

Now that the kiwi saboteur is gone, true blue Quade can work his magic unfettered by his mealy-mouthed advice and toxic paddle-boarding.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Wallabies versus All Blacks

Cooper playing: Played 6, Won 2 (33%)
Not Playing: Played 7, Won 0 (0%)

Wallabies seem to benefit from said motivation!
How many of those wins were dead rubbers?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Shh Fatprop, don't start bringing pertinent points in!!!!:D
Yeah well before we start circle jerking about our new messiah and his acolyte I thought a bit of reality was needed

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Yup the kiwis never even try in dead rubbers.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah well before we start circle jerking about our new messiah and his acolyte I thought a bit of reality was needed

KB (Kurtley Beale), AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Genia, Moore, Alexander, Pocock, Saia Fainga'a, McCalman and Burgess played in both those wins.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) played in all 3 wins and the draw against the All Blacks under Deans.

Burgess and Moore played in all 3 wins but not the draw.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Wasn't the second Bled in '11 to stitch up the tri-nations? Not a dead rubber if it was!

Yeah, definitely wasn't a dead rubber. That was the 'cotton wool' tri- nations though. SA played a second XV in Australia and NZ and the AB's rested all the key players in SA.

I can't see the Wallabies taking the Bledisloe with two games in NZ. I reckon they'll sneak one of the three though. Which one I don't know. Looking forward to seeing a new Wallabies side.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
KB (Kurtley Beale), AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Genia, Moore, Alexander, Pocock, Saia Fainga'a, McCalman and Burgess played in both those wins.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) played in all 3 wins and the draw against the All Blacks under Deans.

Burgess and Moore played in all 3 wins but not the draw.

Bring back Burgo I say :)

Scotty

David Codey (61)
You kidding?
7 weeks is 49 fucking days.
He is not converting Soccer players into linebackers.
He will want to change their patterns. maybe a couple of set piece plays.
It's still the same fucking game with the same rules.

I assume he will be involved with the reds until the end of their season though?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I assume he will be involved with the reds until the end of their season though?

I think it will depend on how far the Reds go. An initial squad will surely be announced before the final. If the Reds made it that far Link would surely have to be involved with the Wallabies.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
The Reds are looking like playing the Crusaders in Christchurch in the first week of the playoffs. I think Ewen won't be with them for too long.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
My real point is that I think we should keep our expectations in check.

This AB team is very good and won't be about giving us an easy time.

There are no quick fixes, it will be essentially the same squad, the same front row that was just smashed, the same forwards that were blown apart, the same backs who haven't shown real consistent threat for a while.

Link is a great coach, but it is going to take time and there will be some peaks and troughs.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So who is actually going? I'm thinking about it but don't reckon the atmosphere will be anything near what the Lions fans provided. They were generous and polite, whereas the Kiwis have a fair few arseclowns - including one I saw flipping off a ten year old kid back in 2000...

Status
Not open for further replies.