• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Michael McDonald has gone to Connacht on a one year loan from Ulster (after moving on from the Force). Semi surprised he hasn’t made more of an impact.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Kind of.

I liked what he was showing at the U20 level but then sat on the fringes of the Tahs and Force so it might be his level. Squeeze as much out of Rugby while you can Michael.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Caleb Timu is moving on from Bordeaux, destination not yet known. Still only 29, feels like he's been around forever. Actually in pretty good knick too. Been starting quite a bit, often in lock too. Would be a good and hopefully cheap get for the Reds if he's considering a homecoming.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Caleb Timu is moving on from Bordeaux, destination not yet known. Still only 29, feels like he's been around forever. Actually in pretty good knick too. Been starting quite a bit, often in lock too. Would be a good and hopefully cheap get for the Reds if he's considering a homecoming.
If he's properly cheap then I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I'd be a bit hesitant to spend any money on him. Backrow is not a position weakness at the moment and I'd prefer we focused on tight 5 forwards.

Timu is a bit of weird situation too, he retired a few years ago before popping up at Bordeaux, so you'd want to be convinced his heart was in it for anything long term.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
The tiny Will Skelton is a double European champion, back to back:
HgWSzzX.md.jpg

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Watching it now, gotta say I get the feeling Skelton is somewhat over-hyped. Not bad but not what I had expected to see. The pace of the game is pretty slow with regard to the set-pieces setting way slower than in Super, they take for ever. Peyper is as fucking useless as ever.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Watching it now, gotta say I get the feeling Skelton is somewhat over-hyped. Not bad but not what I had expected to see. The pace of the game is pretty slow with regard to the set-pieces setting way slower than in Super, they take for ever. Peyper is as fucking useless as ever.
Takes three defenders every time and makes a guaranteed few metres, pretty cool party trick