• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
He was playing flanker for Bath and then got thrown in at centre for England if i recall correctly.

I was in England at the time and the talk was that he was slowely getting his head around flanker and then got moved by England to everyone's collective confusion (including his, i assume).
In his defence, he’s easily confused

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Heard that Dempsey is playing well and is somehow eligible for Scroteland. There goes another.

Taking this whole 'international test match' thing to a weird place.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Last edited:
Reactions: TSR

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
He was playing flanker for Bath and then got thrown in at centre for England if i recall correctly.

I was in England at the time and the talk was that he was slowely getting his head around flanker and then got moved by England to everyone's collective confusion (including his, i assume).
He was an incredible athlete. With game time and patience he could have been a good flanker or centre. There was no time to develop him, furthermore RFU wanted him to play a WC as soon as possible, it was a disaster

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

I don’t understand.

Look - I’m not trying to be derogatory or argumentative. I don’t have a problem that you have a different opinion to me. But your analogy was a poor one. You can’t seriously think that your examples are relatable to my post.

Then to double down by suggesting that the response is somewhere a barometer of the issues in rugby. In what way?

Maybe just try not being so over the top on your posts - for what it’s worth.
say no more

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Ramm off to Northampton, it's quickly becoming an Australian outpost like London Irish.

He's English qualified, but hopefully he follows the Kellaway trajectory and returns a better player in a couple of years

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Heard that Dempsey is playing well and is somehow eligible for Scroteland. There goes another.

Last test match for Australia in 2019... Is the stand down period 3 years or 5 years? That would be a bit ridiculous if he turned out for Scotland.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)

Grandfather is Scottish - once he's had his stand down period he will be eligible. He was in the aus 2019 wc squad (not sure if he played?) So it's 3 years from last game....so latest hes available issssssssssssss later this year I think? Could be earlier if he didn't get picked during the WC.

Just like Coleman, Kepu & Folau could (and hopefully will) roll out for Tonga.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Grandfather is Scottish - once he's had his stand down period he will be eligible. He was in the aus 2019 wc squad (not sure if he played?) So it's 3 years from last game....so latest hes available issssssssssssss later this year I think? Could be earlier if he didn't get picked during the WC.

Just like Coleman, Kepu & Folau could (and hopefully will) roll out for Tonga.
Who cares if his grandfather was Scottish? It’s a terrible rule, outside of players who have qualified on residency going back home to play for their birth nation players should not be able to move so easily

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Jack Walsh moving from Exeter to Ospreys on a 2yr deal. Thought he might have been one for any team to chase barring NSW.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
No way, mate. News Corp/Andrew Forrest or someone put the money here
I said could not should! I'd rather coleman here but he gets bigggggg bucks for london irish and arnold and skelton both better and we can't afford them either. RA can't afford to go halvsies with every Super Rugby team for star locks.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
I said could not should! I'd rather coleman here but he gets bigggggg bucks for london irish and arnold and skelton both better and we can't afford them either. Rugby Australia can't afford to go halvsies with every Super Rugby team for star locks.
Yeah but u can sign one of them and then you have an extra spot for the new overseas quota (3 players)

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah but u can sign one of them and then you have an extra spot for the new overseas quota (3 players)
I think they are alreayd using their alloted 'lock topups' on Rodda, Philip and Swain.

ATM the 3 overseas is needed for Kerevi, Koroibete & Quade. This may be extended for the WC tournament.

Hopefully Kerevi signs a 'futures' contract here as potentially discussed so that Arnold can be used.

But the likelyhood of seeing Coleman resigned in Australia with an RA top up? About zilch I reckon. Tonga it is!