• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Dazzling

Frank Nicholson (4)
Dickie Hardwick has been signed by Ealing. Real shame, he's too good to be playing 2nd div. Would've loved to keep watching him if he went Premiership.

Though he's joining other Rebels cult hero Jordy Reid which will be a pretty great backrow. With Billy Twelvetrees in the backline they have pilferers everywhere.
and Adam Korczyk

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Korczyk just left Ealing no? I thought he was in their list of departures.
Yeah, along with two other Australians - Jack Grant and Jack Digby:

Wouldn't be amazed to see Grant pop up back at an Australian side with some of the off season half back movement we're seeing.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Dickie Hardwick has been signed by Ealing. Real shame, he's too good to be playing 2nd div. Would've loved to keep watching him if he went Premiership.

Though he's joining other Rebels cult hero Jordy Reid which will be a pretty great backrow. With Billy Twelvetrees in the backline they have pilferers everywhere.
Jordy is now at Gloucester, been there a couple of years now. Didn't realize he was going back to Earling

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Henry Speight and Joe Tomane have been released by Biarritz. I think Speight at 35 might be over the hill but Tomane could be a good squad member with a year or two left in the legs.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Joe Tomane is a very good player. Don't think we ever saw what he could have done for the Wallabies.

Thinking around the Aus sides probably the Reds & Force could use him the most? Daugunu gone for the Reds and I'm not 100% sure on the Force as they always have a few internationals through the backline. Brumbies would love the depth as I'm not sure Sapsford is a long term depth solution on the Wing.

Both would likely be able to pick up a Japanese contract for a few years.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Medical Joker.

Good on him for getting an off-season gig. I haven’t been a big fan and think he’s regressed the last 18 months. Who knows if anything more may come of it but I’m sure the Brumbies are still very keen to keep him. 23 years old and I don’t know of any young playmakers in their system currently that are close to Super Rugby.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
They could probably have written a better headline that portrays him as being eager to enhance his future prospects for the Wallabies by playing in the best club comp in the world, rather than making it sound like he has some entitlement and had a dummy spit about not getting selected in the national team.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
They could probably have written a better headline that portrays him as being eager to enhance his future prospects for the Wallabies by playing in the best club comp in the world, rather than making it sound like he has some entitlement and had a dummy spit about not getting selected in the national team.
It’s all about the clicks, baby

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Easy to forget he is only 23, since his name has been thrown around for a while.

Hope he finds something extra while over there so that he is back in the mix

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jake Gordon turns his back on Australian rugby, takes a dump on the Wallaby jersey, chokes a koala and pisses in Eddie’s eye…

Rather, he’s confirmed on a joker deal with Toulon for the RWC:

It’s possible he and Lolesio will be their halves combo.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Jake Gordon turns his back on Australian rugby, takes a dump on the Wallaby jersey, chokes a koala and pisses in Eddie’s eye…

Rather, he’s confirmed on a joker deal with Toulon for the RWC:

It’s possible he and Lolesio will be their halves combo.
How did you hear about Cheikas pre game pump up for the Pumas?