• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A - Back on the Cards

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Thoughts.

Defence was actually quite good. Was impressed with Edmund in defence.
Lacked creativity.
A team without any cohesion
Hodges kicking was next level
Samoa, Fiji and Tonga are great sides. This should be a good competition.
Peach needs to start somewhere.
Our bench was very good and made a difference.

Samoa probably only scored one legit try. The refereeing and lack of tmo was an issue

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hopefully this isn't an omen. Just about everything to do with that screamed amateur. The production, the reffing, the Wallabies. Yeesh.

Some players did pretty well though. I think Uru and McReight showed some fight.

I'd like to see Gleeson start of Anstee next match.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Well that was a very second rate performance by Aus A, a lot of players did themselves no favours, and I don't think anyone had an unblemished performance. For mine the two best were McReight and Foketi, but each of them marred their performance, McReight with careless penalties early, and Foketi with that last pass. The scrum was good, won a few penalties and in a lot of games would have won more but Peyper decided not to grant them. A few disappointing performances, apart from his big boot Hodge made a lot of poor decisions, Pollard's lineout throwing was pretty awful, and Lonergan didn't seem to be able to pass in front of the man, always had his first receiver having to stop to take the ball.
Having said all that, Peyper was dreadful, never been a fan but that was one of his worst. I'm not suggesting he cost us the game, but his performance really should be put under some sort of review.
As to the commentary, they were an embarrasment.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well I enjoyed the game and yep australia A slow out of the gate and discipline issues and yeh neither side perfect but still at times some very good rugby. Should be good series but yes we are now probably favourite for the wooden spoon.

I don’t think there were any wallaby auditions with that display but they will be better for the run.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hopefully this isn't an omen. Just about everything to do with that screamed amateur. The production, the reffing, the Wallabies. Yeesh.

Some players did pretty well though. I think Uru and McReight showed some fight.

I'd like to see Gleeson start of Anstee next match.
Mcreight first half so so but second half electric. Campbell was heavily involved and thought did ok but yeh agree Gleeson maybe to start next game. Won’t happen but almost prefer Tuttle to start to. Agree on Uru but thought smith not so good game.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Backline for Fiji shaping up as …if giving all players a serious run…
9 Tuttle
10 Donaldson
11 Pietsch
12 Foketi
13 Hodge only because I think Rennie
wants him to be playing
14 Daugunu
15 Campbell

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Mcreight first half so so but second half electric. Campbell was heavily involved and thought did ok but yeh agree Gleeson maybe to start next game. Won’t happen but almost prefer Tuttle to start to. Agree on Uru but thought smith not so good game.
Where is Fines? Much better than Lonergan and Tuttle.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I heard he wants to keep his Fiji option open?
Heard that but also heard injured. Not sure which.

Thinking also Maybe as the only side in this competition without a war dance we need some funky dance to get our vibe. Maybe get in a circle and shout out Ozzie Ozzie’s oi oi as that is sure to drive fear into our opposition…

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Heard that but also heard injured. Not sure which.

Thinking also Maybe as the only side in this competition without a war dance we need some funky dance to get our vibe. Maybe get in a circle and shout out Ozzie Ozzie’s oi oi as that is sure to drive fear into our opposition…
I know you were not serious but hearing Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie oi oi oi makes me embarrassed to be an Aussie…pathetic….

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
No match thread for this but gees Tonga ain’t going to be able to leverage that backline talent if can’t win the ball with their scrum as their scrum getting smashed off the park by fiji