• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A - Back on the Cards

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
two Brumbies in the Junior Wallabies teams yet 20 odd Brumbies make the Wallabies / Australia A.

Got that 'pathway' working a treat.

If they're good enough, that's 30 potential future Brumbies in the Junior Wallabies squad...

Pathways working a treat.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
55469DD5-BA49-46D7-BCC3-FCE99B2B9B94.png

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
When they say Banks is lined up for second test... do they mean the second game against Japan XV, or the second test on the spring tour?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
When they say Banks is lined up for second test... do they mean the second game against Japan XV, or the second test on the spring tour?
Given they're also talking about Jorgensen, and referring to a comment from Gilmore, I think it's a safe bet to assume it's Australia A v Japan XV....

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just worth noting that the Japanese side to run out v New Zealand this weekend is pretty much exactly the same as the one that faced Australia A in that last game. Probably heightens our performance in the series when you consider it was basically their test team

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Just worth noting that the Japanese side to run out v New Zealand this weekend is pretty much exactly the same as the one that faced Australia A in that last game. Probably heightens our performance in the series when you consider it was basically their test team
Nawaqanitawase to start?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I mean yeah, not sure why people were dismissing the Japanese side (if they even were?) It was their only matches since the France series so of course they were playing their best.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
And they only lost by 7 points.... New Zealand named a pretty strong team.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Sitting here watching the cricket thought I might throw up a team. Minus the Wobs & 20's squad

1 Gibbon
2 Faessler (assuming DP, LL,FF (Folau Fainga'a) in the wobs squad)
3 HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4 Canham
5 Rodda
6 Hanigan
7 Wilkin
8 Wilson/Gleenson (who ever is really stiff to miss wobs)
9 Gordan/Lonergan (cant see 4 hb's in the wobs squad)
10 Noah/Donaldson (assuming Cater is in the wobs squad & one of these blokes wont)
11 Suli
12 Hamish Stewart
13 Flook
14 Lachie Anderson
15 Campbell

16 Uelese
17 Shoupp
18 Talakai or RVnoNEK
19 Uru
20 Gamble
21 Tuttle
22 Perese
23 Pietch

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Pretty good.

Id start Pietsch over Anderson and are you thinking Toole is in the Wallabies squad? I think we might see JOC (James O'Connor) in the 12. Don’t see him making the Wallabies but he’s handy to keep playing if something happened.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Pretty good.

Id start Pietsch over Anderson and are you thinking Toole is in the Wallabies squad? I think we might see JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) in the 12. Don’t see him making the Wallabies but he’s handy to keep playing if something happened.

Pietch over Anderson fair enough, yeah just got a sneaky feeling Toole will get a gig. The old man used to always say there is no substitute for raw pace in any form of footy

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think we might see JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) in the 12. Don’t see him making the Wallabies but he’s handy to keep playing if something happened.
Given Aus A has (understandably) become more of a developmental proving ground than a genuine 'next best' XV, I'm not sure we'll see O'Connor take the spot of one of the younger guys.