• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Argentina, Sept 14th in Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Timani from the bench is a far better bet than him starting but his work rate is miserable.
Like Palu, he often does far better in stats than some would think. I think we all have a tendency to expect these guys to be the 'Big Bopper', and if they aren't skittling defenders, they're lazy.
That said, I would like to see him get more overtly physical than he has in the past. He really needs to.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Like Palu, he often does far better in stats than some would think. I think we all have a tendency to expect these guys to be the 'Big Bopper', and if they aren't skittling defenders, they're lazy.
That said, I would like to see him get more overtly physical than he has in the past. He really needs to.

I'm not one for the work that finishes up on the highlight reel.
My comparison (visually not stats wise) is between Skelton and Timani: the former is a bloke I always feel is working hard for the team whatever phase of play his team is in. I never get the feeling he is reloading - he feels permanently loaded and ready to go.
Timani seems to need to reload.
Anyway, I would really love to have to eat these words by close of business tonight!!

Reactions: gel

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Yep. Just needs some more conditioning and fine-tuning. Be interesting to see him next year in Super Rugby

For all the Uni hate on these threads, they have done a great job so far turning him from a rather large schoolboy with heaps of puppy fat and no real conditioning. There is still some work to be done.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
For all the Uni hate on these threads, they have done a great job so far turning him from a rather large schoolboy with heaps of puppy fat and no real conditioning. There is still some work to be done.
Anyone who thinks the Uni S&C program lacks too much is blind. There is a good reason they win so many second halves. Above and beyond the pay-scale of the bench. ;)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Never thought i Would be nervous before Wallbabies V puma's Game

I know why you say it but the Wobblies usually throw in a shocker against a more lowly ranked opponent - since we haven't had a more lowly ranked opponent for a while tonight could be the night.
Kearns sounded resigned to our fate in the pre-match.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
But normally it comes out of nowhere,and we are all shocked.
Maybe we are not giving the BIL,the AB's and the Bok sufficient respect?
That is a daunting schedule for any Test side.
Having said that, I did take the $4.40 earlier this week.
I will be a little bit happy,and a little bit sad no matter who wins tonight.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
We should just be lucky that M. Poite was in New Zealand.

The biggest concern for us will probably be the wet/wind. We do not have a good track record in these conditions.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
e6a7yheq.jpg

We have had a heap of rain over the last 2 weeks. I'm an hour inland and my dam is full and the creek is flowing!

hughbert

Herbert Moran (7)
this scrivener guy just revealed that part of the new tactics would be to kick out of our half more and not use as much "petrol" trying to run it out of our own 22...

fuck me dead. they're only just realising NOW that running out of your own 22 is stupid when playing test rugby?

Honestly, it's no wonder we're shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.