• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match II @ Suncorp 7.55pm AEST, 09/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
That was one of those frustrating games where you just can’t seem to get any momentum, a few calls go against you, and before you know it the opposition has an insurmountable lead without really doing anything spectacular.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
Hooper weights about 100 kg, he's OK for a test openside flanker. The guy who really looks small is Paisami. Especially for the kind of player that he is. I mean, he's a ball carrier and with that size he can't break tackles like Kerevi does. He's not a playmaker, so to be a battering ram, he can't make a difference at this level
Undersized yes but I think he makes up for it, particularly defensively. According to the stats I'm looking at he made 9/10 tackles and also beat four defenders tonight.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
The pack wasn't helping him or giving him time for distribution
Don’t agree with that a half back running backwards to find options is poor game management. There needs to be better communication between him and Noah. Surprising given they are Super Rugby team mates. It’s not like you are setting the forward you offloaded to up for success when you run backwards before passing the ball.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Curious, is anyone able to shed light on how No.8's are meant to bind in the scrum?

I remember years ago that second rowers had to actually bind on the props and not do the old squirrel bind. But at the ground it was evident to see Vunipola had both arms under his second rowers in stead of their hips?

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Don’t agree with that a half back running backwards to find options is poor game management. There needs to be better communication between him and Noah. Surprising given they are Super Rugby team mates. It’s not like you are setting the forward you offloaded to up for success when you run backwards before passing the ball.
I guess. I thought it was a bit of both - but I thought we got out muscled and going backwards before Nice could distribute. But that's what I saw

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Silver lining for the Wallabies is executing attack phase play in the opponent’s 22 was quite good. The problem was we didn’t get there enough.

JOC (James O'Connor) had an all time shocker for the records, gotta feel for the bloke in front of his home crowd. Does he make the side next week? What’s the go with Cooper? I’m actually not disappointed in the Wallabies attack without QC (Quade Cooper).

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hopefully next week we have AAA, Ikitau, Holloway and Cooper back. We need a few as we are surely running very thin all over.

McDermott needs to come on to the bench as does Vunivalu. Hate to say it but Hodge should probably start at 15 for his boot and cool head. Wright was very hot and cold and suspect Jordan P. not available due to the head knock. Slips back to LH if both AAA and Tupou on deck.

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Undersized yes but I think he makes up for it, particularly defensively. According to the stats I'm looking at he made 9/10 tackles and also beat four defenders tonight.
He's easily stopped by any test defense. It's a concern when you are a player with only one way to play with ball in hand: run straight

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Silver lining for the Wallabies is executing attack phase play in the opponent’s 22 was quite good. The problem was we didn’t get there enough.

JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) had an all time shocker for the records, gotta feel for the bloke in front of his home crowd. Does he make the side next week? What’s the go with Cooper? I’m actually not disappointed in the Wallabies attack without Quade Cooper.

Apparently we had 72% territory in the second half.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Sexton played for Ireland after going off in game 1 with a head knock.
They said he passed the early concussion protocols.
So maybe petaia will be ok…

Status
Not open for further replies.