• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This must not be correct- Cheika playing mind games.

Foley surely just not playing and Beale straight in at 12.

Wearing our indigenous jersey and he drops one of our greatest ever indigenous players because of. reasons??

Has kept him in the team for this long despite his shortcomings..

Maybe Foley will suffer from a relapse of the alleged virus from last week and have to withdraw? :D

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
In KBs defence his confidence was quickly drained when he was moved to 10. Not a good move by the “selectors” when Toomuas return was imminent.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think the Foley will be fly half. It’s just that Cheika is placing the out wider for more space in a rush D. To'omua’s job is distribute to the FH or straighten things up. Foley will drop in at 10 as and whenever the mood takes him. Foley won’t defend at either 10 or 12.

I actually don’t mind the intent if (a) the barn dance is under control and (b) we have the right personnel for it. Neither proven I suspect.

Don’t mind Ainsley getting a shot but what did Tupou do?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
In KBs defence his confidence was quickly drained when he was moved to 10. Not a good move by the “selectors” when Toomuas return was imminent.

Particularly when every time Beale has been picked at 10 at either super or test level we've seen the same result.

Beale is a much better 12 than Foley.

As I said after the Italy test, either Foley starts at 10 or he isn't in the starting side.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I can only hope Foley ends up being first receiver most of thr time and To'omua ends up being more or less 12. Because what the fuck?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
England: 15 Elliot Daly, 14 Joe Cokanasiga, 13 Henry Slade, 12 Ben Te’o, 11 Jonny May, 10 Owen Farrell (c), 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Mark Wilson, 7 Sam Underhill, 6 Brad Shields, 5 Courtney Lawes, 4 Maro Itoje, 3 Kyle Sinckler, 2 Jamie George, 1 Ben Moon
Replacements: 16 Dylan Hartley, 17 Alec Hepburn, 18 Harry Williams, 19 Charlie Ewels, 20 Nathan Hughes, 21 Richard Wigglesworth, 22 George Ford, 23 Manu Tuilagi

England by 30+

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Oh man, Tuilagi running at Foley. Yuck.

Also, is there no one better than Ainsley available?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ainsley should never have been in the squad. James Slipper was dying to be included.
Naisarani was also a waste of a ticket. There should have been another legit 6/8 option who was actually available. Pocock is carrying an injury and we have Hanigan and Samu on the bench. EJ (Eddie Jones) will be wondering why Christmas came early.
I’m sorry, but Cheika has really lost the plot.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Unless the master plan is to appear to be in such a hopeless position, that Cheika can form the wagons in a circle and flick the switch to siege mentality.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Look. We don’t have a full picture of how different players are training or how impacted anyone is by this sickness, but that is an uninspiring team on the face of it.

I’m a Beale fan, as a player, but support him being dumped. Foley at 12 is pretty damn close to unjustifiable. The bench looks incredibly average. Perhaps the weakest I’ve seen in gold.

As USA Rugger suggested, I won’t be sacrificing sleep to watch. It’ll be a recording on Sunday morning thing only.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Look. We don’t have a full picture of how different players are training or how impacted anyone is by this sickness, but that is an uninspiring team on the face of it.

I’m a Beale fan, as a player, but support him being dumped. Foley at 12 is pretty damn close to unjustifiable. The bench looks incredibly average. Perhaps the weakest I’ve seen in gold.

As USA Rugger suggested, I won’t be sacrificing sleep to watch. It’ll be a recording on Sunday morning thing only.

Yeah, I think the bench always highlights how a side is going to go. Both by looking at who is pushing the incumbents and who can make a difference coming off the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.