• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v. France 10 Nov 2012 Stade de France, Paris

Who will be victorious in Paris

• The Frogs

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • The Wobs

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby will be the real winner

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Everyone looked terrified of running away from their support. Which isn't surprising given the quality of their support.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Haven't read a lot of the post match comments but I'm sure my disappointment matches most. Have to say though that I thought the French were outstanding.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I honestly didn't think Simmons tackle was that bad except for been late.. Penalty offense yes, maybe a yellow card but I didn't think it warranted a red card.

In your dreams. It took him way past the ninety and drove him into the turf with Simmons shoulder acting as a piledriver. It was the type of offence that the IRU told the refs they HAD to issue red cards for.

I thought that refs were going to be allowed to use the TMO to clarify if they were unsighted. Guess not, as Owens said he couldn't identify the player and did not refer it.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
In your dreams. It took him way past the ninety and drove him into the turf with Simmons shoulder acting as a piledriver. It was the type of offence that the IRU told the refs they HAD to issue red cards for.

I thought that refs were going to be allowed to use the TMO to clarify if they were unsighted. Guess not, as Owens said he couldn't identify the player and did not refer it.

The extended TMO powers aren't in operation for these internationals. They're being trialled in the Aviva with mixed reactions.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
What made me laugh was that Owens and his sidekicks were incapable of noticing it was a 2m lock that lifted and dropped someone, and Owens even thought it was a hobbit, Michael Hooper.
One or maybe two of them having no clue - maybe. All three? Farking useless.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What made me laugh was that Owens and his sidekicks were incapable of noticing it was a 2m lock that lifted and dropped someone, and Owens even thought it was a hobbit, Michael Hooper.
One or maybe two of them having no clue - maybe. All three? Farking useless.

Think you will find that Hooper is with the Marlins not the Hobbits, although he probably wouldn't be out of place at Foreshore Park.

Chez Jarse was staggered that none of the 3 officials were able to identify the Simmons as the guilty bastard. A quick glance at the big screen would have confirmed it as well. The Crowd certainly knew who should have been carded. There was a great howl that went up during the replays while the Ref and AR's were discussing the issue.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I know but couldn't resist.

In a mood for mischief tonight. P'raps it is the result of a couple of after dinner snifters of Auchentoshen 3 Wood (your recommendation from the Spirits thread!)

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I think there has been a lot of antagonism for Rob Simmons, but watching the game I felt that he did the honourable thing.

As far as I can tell, he apparently decided to take no further part in the game and gave himself a self-imposed virtual red card.

Only a Queenslander with a well developed sense of fair play would be so polite on the field.

T

tranquility

I think there has been a lot of antagonism for Rob Simmons, but watching the game I felt that he did the honourable thing.

As far as I can tell, he apparently decided to take no further part in the game and gave himself a self-imposed virtual red card.

Only a Queenslander with a well developed sense of fair play would be so polite on the field.

Great.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

I thought that when Owens was on his manhunt he was talking red: it really was a very stupid tackle.
If it was late that had nothing to do with it: it was the lifting and the driving downwards evidenced by the fact that Simmons fell on top of him that created the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.