• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v. France 10 Nov 2012 Stade de France, Paris

Who will be victorious in Paris

• The Frogs

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • The Wobs

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby will be the real winner

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
My 22 would be.
1.Robinson 2.TPN 3.Kepu 4.Douglas 5.Sharpe 6.Dennis 7.Hooper 8.Palu 9.Phipps 10. Beale 11.Ioane 12.Tapuai 13.McCabe 14.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 15.Harris
16.Moore 17.Slipper 18.Timani 19.Samo 20.Gill 21.Sheehan 22.Barnes

My pack would finish the games as.
1.Robinson 16.Moore 17.Slipper 18.Timani 5.Sharpe 20.Gill 7.Hooper 19.Samo

Barnes can cover 10-12 & 15 off the bench for the Backs but injuries aside I wouldn't think of using Barnes or Sheehan until 70 minute mark as I don't really see either as a real impact player

Pocock won't play until Twickers

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I watched it today and thought it was really weird. Better just to have a face to face rather than pretend like they are waiting for a bus.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I watched it today and thought it was really weird. Better just to have a face to face rather than pretend like they are waiting for a bus.

I watched a minute of this and I thought 'what the fuck is this' and I had to shut it down. Couldn't stand it.

A website that is really struggling to hit their demographic on the head should be careful about getting all 'high concept' with their work.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I watched a minute of this and I thought 'what the fuck is this' and I had to shut it down. Couldn't stand it.

A website that is really struggling to hit their demographic on the head should be careful about getting all 'high concept' with their work.

I'm aware of the fact they have the biggest readership is Aus rugby by a country mile but very few fans leave that site without feeling they've read a poorly disguised press release and just plain aggrieved by the content. Like many, I don't know why I keep reading it but I do.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
My team for next weekends test is:

1. Robinson
2. TPN
3. Alexander
4. Timani
5. Sharpe
6. Palu
7. Hooper
8. Samo
9. Phipps
10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. Tapuai
13. McCabe
14. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15. Barnes

16. Moore
17. Kepu
18. Douglas
19. Dennis
20. Pocock
21. Sheehan
22. Cummins
23. Harris

Palu at 6 may sound odd but his impact would be much greater than Dennis plus he provides the necessary 3rd jumper and lets Samo grab a starting spot for additional impact and ball running and even a 4th lineout target. Tight five and Hooper will need to work very hard though.

Gotta say that the main deficiency in the touring party is a high work rate, high impact genuine no 6. It's a real pity that Jake Schatz was injured.

Barnes has to be in the starting to provide an alternate tactical kicker to Beale. I think Barnes is best suited to 12 but the McCabe/Tapuai combination was excellent defensively against the AB's. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Ioane to provide the potency out wide.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
How's this for a roughie?

10. Barnes
11. Ioane
12. Harris
13.Tapuai
15. Beale

On a soft nothern hemisphere track Barnes tactical kicking could be a big advantage. Harris at 12 gives us another kicking option.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
How's this for a roughie?

10. Barnes
11. Ioane
12. Harris
13.Tapuai
15. Harris

On a soft nothern hemisphere track Barnes tactical kicking could be a big advantage. Harris at 12 gives us another kicking option.

Did Beale personally offend you? For you to suggest moving him back to 15 is one thing but it put him out of the 15 is another.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Did Beale personally offend you? For you to suggest moving him back to 15 is one thing but it put him out of the 15 is another.

No, I like Beale, the exclusion was a typo, I meant for him to be at 15 (Harris just isn't an 80 minute player in two positions). But i'm not sold on he is the answer at 10. He has had a couple of solid games, but he hasn't proven to be the messiah yet.

Barnes is significantly better IMO kicking out of hand. On a stodgy NH track the way we are playing, we would be kidding oursleves if we aren't preparing for grinding ugly rugby.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
The Wallabies midfield is definitely going to receive a pretty stern test in this match. I think that Mermoz/Fofana are the best ball handling and by far the most creative and elusive center pairing in all of the final round of tests this year. While neither of them will be busting tackles up the gut they both take excellent lines very regularly and are sublime (especially Mermoz) with the ball in hand. Hopefully the "good" France shows up though because this test should be a cracker!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
not sure if it has been mentioned in here, but what's the broadcast details for this weekend?

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
I think we can shuffle a few things but Beale,Mccabe and Taps must be a certainty for this....best looking inside backs for a while

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The team that I think will be picked is:

1. Robbo
2. TPN
3. Alexander
4. Timani
5. Sharpe
6. Dennis
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. McCabe
13. Tapuai
15. Harris

16. Moore
17. Slipper
18. Kepu
19. Douglas
20. Samo
21. Pocock
22. Barnes
23. Sheehan

If Pocock isn't fit then we'll either see Gill or another back (probably Cummins) on the bench.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
The team that I think will be picked is:

1. Robbo
2. TPN
3. Alexander
4. Timani
5. Sharpe
6. Dennis
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. McCabe
13. Tapuai
15. Harris

16. Moore
17. Slipper
18. Kepu
19. Douglas
20. Samo
21. Pocock
22. Barnes
23. Sheehan

If Pocock isn't fit then we'll either see Gill or another back (probably Cummins) on the bench.

That's pretty much how I see it as well. And if that is indeed the team Robbie picks, I will be quite happy. I like Cummins though, so it would be tough to leave him out of the 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.