• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Ireland, Sat 9th June @ 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
My first game of Rugby watched since the Force debacle.

Having 12 months away from the game helps you see it with fresh eyes. Can’t believe the work Hooper gets through. 12 months ago I could have taken him or left him. How wrong I was.

Welcome back mate, hope you're here to stay.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Seriously why give the Irish 4 minutes of possession 2 minutes from half time? If the score was any closer....

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Very impressive performance that! Genia, Beale and Folau outstanding with Korebeti and DHP very good. Pocock brilliant and a big effort from the tight five. Not thrilled with Foley - we need to find or make a new 10 but overall very happy with that hit out!!

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Lukhai Tui didn't get many minutes but he was making every second tackle in the last five minutes. I was also impressed with Robertson off the bench, but I've always thought he was the most unfairly maligned player in Australian rugby.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
It’s amazing the physicality in every test match these days no matter who the opposition.

The players need a lot of recovery work this week.

A very impressive start for the wallabies, now they need some consistency.

Yeah very physical game. Best defensive effort by the wallabies for a long time. Really bashed them. Didn't see that coming

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
found myself rooting for Aus in that one. Fuck Ireland. Aus try to play expansive yet Ire just drag them down to a defensive 9-8 bollocks scoreline with cagey tactical chess game. BORING. Instead of barraging with brilliance like AB's do they just bore you with Bishop to E-7. Glad they lost. Fuck em.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Too gushy.
Ads?
Ugly but moderately encouraging win.
We cannot progress if our preferred attacking method is the cross field kick, a fact proven by how much better we went when we ran it.

Moderately encouraging is a tad harsh. For a team that's been together 6 days I thought they were very very good against an opposition that weren't hacks. Agree they over played the cross field kick. I think Foley is a problem. Beale skipped outside his man a few times and created good opportunities. His cross field kicks even hit targets.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Lukhai Tui didn't get many minutes but he was making every second tackle in the last five minutes. I was also impressed with Robertson off the bench, but I've always thought he was the most unfairly maligned player in Australian rugby.
For mine, Robertson went backwards after they moved him form THP. But he has really come in this year - both scrum time and around the field.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
As a Robertson hater, I was really impressed. Hope he can keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.