• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa 8th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No I wasn't suggesting anything, just saying Wallabies reported the Irish, according to Chuckles.
though I will suggest you blaming the wrong person for Poey's neck injury, he went down from a clean out to Laumape in about the 12th minute.

I’m sure Owen Franks trying to rip his head off immediately prior to him going down hurt had nothing to do with it.........

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just spoke to Kurtley and Ned on Boundary St heading into their hotel and wished them well. Seemed like nice blokes and genuinely relaxed.

Curiously, and it may be a case of mistaken identity, but also Sean McMahon's doppleganger across the road in a cafe.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I’m sure Owen Franks trying to rip his head off immediately prior to him going down hurt had nothing to do with it...

Geez Slim I not saying anything, just know he went down as Barrett scored his first try,actually well before the Franks one (have a look at a replay he is getting medical assistance after the conversion), and it was Fox commentary team who said he was carrying a neck injury from Irish series, so I thought that when the damage may have been done, so maybe you better go crook at them. I have no doubt that Franks caused some damage, but just added to what had happened .

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Geez Slim I not saying anything, just know he went down as Barrett scored his first try,actually well before the Franks one (have a look at a replay he is getting medical assistance after the conversion), and it was Fox commentary team who said he was carrying a neck injury from Irish series, so I thought that when the damage may have been done, so maybe you better go crook at them. I have no doubt that Franks caused some damage, but just added to what had happened .
Straining hard mate but just not quite getting there.

Reactions: dru

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Shit man, next you'll be saying that Barnes saw & penalised it but the Independent Citing Dude deemed it not Red Card-worthy therefore took no further action. Or that TGC stated the other Wobs forwards need to be more effective in supporting Pocock so he's not so badly isolated when attempting a steal. Oh, wait.......

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Straining hard mate but just not quite getting there.

So you saying I lying? I am just saying exactly what I saw and heard, I know you didn't watch the game, but he was definitely injured after Laumape cleaned him out as Barrett got first try!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
To be fair the Kiwi teams in Super rugby have been trying rip Davids head of all year. It did seem like a dilibrate tactic aimed directly at countering him..

I think its because they first try and clean him out and his still there so its the grab and roll after

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Shit man, next you'll be saying that Barnes saw & penalised it but the Independent Citing Dude deemed it not Red Card-worthy therefore took no further action. Or that TGC stated the other Wobs forwards need to be more effective in supporting Pocock so he's not so badly isolated when attempting a steal. Oh, wait...
Yeah shit Its almost as if there is some kind of institutional advantage towards the already dominant team. Geez could you imagine?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Shit man, next you'll be saying that Barnes saw & penalised it but the Independent Citing Dude deemed it not Red Card-worthy therefore took no further action. Or that TGC stated the other Wobs forwards need to be more effective in supporting Pocock so he's not so badly isolated when attempting a steal. Oh, wait...
Yeah mate - I get why the complaining about favouritism to NZ would get tiresome for you, but the constant targeting of Pocock is shit, neck rolls are bloody dangerous, the citing process is well recognised as a joke & Franks is a class A grub. The sort of shithouse thug that the game would be better off without. And now Pocock is out injured with a neck injury caused by deliberate illegal and highly dangerous tactics caused by the actions of his fellow professionals.

I really think you are trying to defend the indefensible on this one.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I know most people wanted him out anyway but I feel sorry for Phipps. He took a massive late hit in the ribs in the Shute shield final last week and that is why he is out. One of those examples where the offending player just concedes a penalty but the innocent player is the one that suffers in a big way.

Also I would have preferred Gordon over Powell but good to see either of them get a crack

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Yeah mate - I get why the complaining about favouritism to NZ would get tiresome for you, but the constant targeting of Pocock is shit, neck rolls are bloody dangerous, the citing process is well recognised as a joke & Franks is a class A grub. The sort of shithouse thug that the game would be better off without. And now Pocock is out injured with a neck injury caused by deliberate illegal and highly dangerous tactics caused by the actions of his fellow professionals.

I really think you are trying to defend the indefensible on this one.
I've watched Franks play for a lot of years. I wouldn't call him a grub. Annoying definitely, a grub no.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I know there's no such thing as 'like for like' for Pocock, but Samu is probably the closest and therefore fits the game plan better. He would have been Hooper's cover too I'd say.

KOB, I agree with your proposition that Samu/Hooper (the Samper?) is probably seen as the closest to the Pooper, and fits the game plan. My issue though, is that Samu is not really in the same class as Pocock so the combination will be much the weaker at the breakdown and therefore less effective overall. I would have thought bringing Timu, a much stronger player at No 8, in and changing the game plan to have Hooper actually play the pilfering role that usually is Pocock's would have been a substantially better solution.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
KOB, I agree with your proposition that Samu/Hooper (the Samper?) is probably seen as the closest to the Pooper, and fits the game plan. My issue though, is that Samu is not really in the same class as Pocock so the combination will be much the weaker at the breakdown and therefore less effective overall. I would have thought bringing Timu, a much stronger player at No 8, in and changing the game plan to have Hooper actually play the pilfering role that usually is Pocock's would have been a substantially better solution.
It probably comes down to whos the better player and its probably Samu..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Just further on the makeup of the Wallabies' back row. I will be very surprised if Faf isn't sent out there to attack the short blind side off scrums, especially in the Wallabies' red zone. With Tui packing at 6 and being a bit slow to get going, there will likely be plenty of space on the blind for either Faf to go through himself, or for a quick pass to his winger if ours comes in to cover Faf. I hope Samu is briefed to be on the alert for those blind side moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.