• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia vs South Africa - Brisbane 7th Sept 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Big game coming up this weekend.

Time to focus on the objectives.

images

Springbok.jpg

australian_flag_by_maddie_claire97-620x381.jpg

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
IMO
QC (Quade Cooper) will start over To'omua
Moggy and Gilly will be dropped out o0f 23
Shatz will make bench
Izzy to 15

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I will be surprised if Matt To'omua doesn't start. I expect Folau to go to 15 and Scott Fardy to replace Simmons at lock. Probably McCalman (maybe Schatz) to start at 8; Mowen back to 6. Honey Badger on the wing, though his defence was a little suspect on the weekend. Douglas or Gill to drop out of the 23.

On a side note, both Jones and Neville had strong games for Manly yesterday. Pity they're not in the squad.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Well... Larkham reckons that To'omua and Mogg just need a bit more time.

His comments regarding Mogg are a bit laughable. Whilst Mogg definitely needs to run the ball more, I would have thought his kicking and defence were far closer to the opposite of outstanding.

Stephen Larkham said:
''You've got to give [Mogg and To'omua] some time to find some combinations out there. [To'omua] is very well suited to Test rugby. 'Moggy' just needs a bit more time. Maybe he needs to run the ball a bit more, but his kicking was outstanding and so was his defence.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...e-given-time-says-larkham-20130901-2syxw.html

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
My team to play the Boks

1 Robinsno
2 Moore
3 Kepu
4 Fardy
5 Horwill
6 Mowen
7 Hooper
8 McCalman

9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Cummins
12 Lilo
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 JOC (James O'Connor)
15 Izzy

16 Saia
17 Slipper
18 Sio
19 Simmons
20 Gill
21 White
22 To'omua
23 Mogg

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Well. Larkham reckons that To'omua and Mogg just need a bit more time.

His comments regarding Mogg are a bit laughable. Whilst Mogg definitely needs to run the ball more, I would have thought his kicking and defence were far closer to the opposite of outstanding.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...e-given-time-says-larkham-20130901-2syxw.html

Larkham certainly isn't the best person to be commenting on defense.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Doesn't matter who you select. Bok's can't travel for shit. Meyer will stick to the kick and hope game plan and the back row he is obsessed with will once gain be too slow. Boks can't play catch up rugby.

It really should be relatively easy at Suncorp where the Boks really have no clue how to win and with this game plan do not have a hope in hell. Five or Six starters will fly all the way from Europe this week. Ridiculous.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Couple of days ago the news was on and I heard them announcing the headlines. Good news for the Springboks

I rushed inside to have a look to hear what the good news is. The news was Chilliboy Radepele is fit and will be ready for the game vs Australia. That is how f^%& things are in SA rugby. If your third choice hooker being fit is the only news you get and it branded as good as well

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I think the boks are a team on the rise. Certainly a more threatening proposition than they were 2 years ago, even without the stars like Matfield and Botha. Once Goosen sorts himself out they could be anything.

But their players will be feeling all the travel and winning in Brisbane is never easy.

I'll wait until I see the teamlist before predicting the score, but I think it will be close in any case. Wallabies will be thirsty for a win after repeat disappointment.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Bowside altough it might look like it but playing Goosen will have the opposite effect for SA.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm going to go ahead and predict
Slipper, Moore, Kepu, Simmons, Horwill, Fardy, Hooper, Mowen, White, Cooper, JOC (James O'Connor), Lilo, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Cummins, Folau
FTS, Sio, Alexander, Douglas, Schatz, Genia, To'omua, Mogg

Not saying I agree with it, but that's what I expect.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
I'm going to go ahead and predict
Slipper, Moore, Kepu, Simmons, Horwill, Fardy, Hooper, Mowen, White, Cooper, JOC (James O'Connor), Lilo, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Cummins, Folau
FTS, Sio, Alexander, Douglas, Schatz, Genia, To'omua, Mogg

Not saying I agree with it, but that's what I expect.
Can you really see Link dropping both Genia and To'omua? If you were going to drop a player in these positions, surely it would be more logical to drop one of them only and re-unite either the Reds or Brumbies halfback combination?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
My team to play the Boks

1 Robinsno
2 Moore
3 Kepu
4 Fardy
5 Horwill
6 Mowen
7 Hooper
8 McCalman

9 Genia
10 Cooper
11 Cummins
12 Lilo
13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14 JOC (James O'Connor)
15 Izzy

16 Saia
17 Slipper
18 Sio
19 Simmons
20 Gill
21 White
22 To'omua
23 Mogg

Are you serious ????

5 changes - I did not realise ben Robinson was in the 30 let alone the 23
When did that happen

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
The changes I think will happen;
Front Row: Sio to LH, Slipper to TH, Alexander out, Robinson to Bench.
2nd Row: Unchanged
Back Row; Unchanged
Halves: Genia, Cooper (Suncorp factor plus Taylor made Tomua look good)
Centres; Unchanged
Back 3: Unchanged.

EM has a history of backing his players but Alexander has been found wanting in the scrums, needs to reinvent himself.
Cooper will likely get the nod to help lift Genia who needs some pressure taken off him. Fardy gets the job of holding Quades hand in defense. Quade defends in the front line.

Status
Not open for further replies.