• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's a great tactic. :)

You've got to admire the bare-faced, f**k off temerity.
Considering that full financials can be extremely long, to make it easier to deliver to the average punter who would not likely go past the first few pages anyway, most entities will publish a "concise financial report" which gives the main numbers, and highlighted notes. It's probably more efficient to put the concise version up on the website to, in order to save some bandwidth for those downloading it.

It's not trickery, and I think you'll find quite a few different entities do it.

(takes accountants hat off)

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Cmon,
Surely it easier for RA staff to send it via email with one click,rather than
a) printing it,putting it in addressed envelop and walking it to reception,or
b) sending an email to another staff member to do same......

So if you really,really want it,and are prepared to jump through hoops,you can have a copy.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My guess is if they aren't going to publish a copy on their website they are avoiding having an electronic copy published online somewhere like here.

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
The 2016 accounts make no mention of SANZAAR vote to reduce the number of teams in the Super Rugby Comp, nor of the impending axing of the WF, not in Significant changes in state of affairs, and not in Events subsequent to reporting date, so it is inconsistent that the 2017 accounts find it noteworthy in Significant changes in state of affairs to mention that SANZAAR voted to reduce the teams in Super Rugby Comp and subsequently that Rugby AU reduced one Australian team from the comp.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
The 2016 accounts make no mention of SANZAAR vote to reduce the number of teams in the Super Rugby Comp, nor of the impending axing of the WF, not in Significant changes in state of affairs, and not in Events subsequent to reporting date, so it is inconsistent that the 2017 accounts find it noteworthy in Significant changes in state of affairs to mention that SANZAAR voted to reduce the teams in Super Rugby Comp and subsequently that Rugby AU reduced one Australian team from the comp.
All that happened in 2017 and not 2016 thought right?

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
All that happened in 2017 and not 2016 thought right?
yep, in the time between the end of the financial year, Dec 31 and release of the Accounts, April 2017, so I would have expected some mention in the "Events subsequent to reporting date" in last years' accounts

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Going to buy shares in a popcorn company on the off chance someone makes a PDF of the full financials available to all and sundry. If Pulver really did get a 500k bonus for last years effort that’s pretty criminal

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Considering that full financials can be extremely long, to make it easier to deliver to the average punter who would not likely go past the first few pages anyway, most entities will publish a "concise financial report" which gives the main numbers, and highlighted notes. It's probably more efficient to put the concise version up on the website to, in order to save some bandwidth for those downloading it.

It's not trickery, and I think you'll find quite a few different entities do it.

(takes accountants hat off)

100% agree. Most NFPs have concise financials as part of their annual report.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
No, they just don't want their annual report to be 120 pages long.

There is always a "valid" excuse, one of hundreds.
They could also highlight all the possible controversial issues, do they when it could open a can of worms?
The thing is they would be far better off if they were just open and transparent.

Do you think that payment is controversial? nah it's no big deal, surely everyone would agree he deserved it, he did a wonderful job, well at least he sacrificed his reputation for us.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
There is always a "valid" excuse, one of hundreds.
They could also highlight all the possible controversial issues, do they when it could open a can of worms?
The thing is they would be far better off if they were just open and transparent.

Do you think that payment is controversial? nah it's no big deal, surely everyone would agree he deserved it, he did a wonderful job, well at least he sacrificed his reputation for us.

The problem is people like yourself with little knowledge on these situations making rubbish comments. Financial Statements and Annual Reports are different things. The full financial statements will have 30 pages of notes which most people won't read nor understand therefore like most companies they do not provide them in their annual report. I'm sure you were someone also blowing up about the 'loss' but forgot they they forgave Rugby WA legal debt when clearly it was a vindictive move by Rugby WA putting RA in a lose lose situation. Sure i don't like how they handled the Force being kicked out but from where this code was financially in 2014 these statements are pretty good. BS shows bugger all debt. I'd love to have more cash but I think Pulver has done a pretty good job if you look objectively at the fiscal metrics.

But it is so much easier to be negative than positive. Look at some on the good things in his tenure that will propel on field results moving forward NRC, Aon 7s, SuperW, Super u20s which intern will improve our future cash position.

Next you will say what about twiggy's $50m well if you think that came with no strings and it was going to be a straight up payment to RA then you need to get your head read.

I will email one of the admins a copy of the full statements

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The shit i don't get was how the legal costs were so damn high for a hearing that went for less than a day and i guess pre-hearing advice. Did they hire Satan himself?