• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
He's also always mentioned his love of League. He probably will never have a better chance to be involved if a team was interested. Could see him being a consultant for someone. No long-term commitment for when he gets another offer.
Let's hope so Ghost, on the radio at 1pm today they were saying that there is an expectation that he will be back. I am keeping everything crossed that the media has got this wrong..

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm confused why one man gets left out of discussions, one who's built a considerably strong reputation within Irish rugby.

I ask curiously as to why Australians wouldn't rather have David Nuicifora back as Director Of Rugby than Jones? He's proven capable in that role, overseeing Ireland's most successful period in history. I bring this up as there's currently some chat about Leo Cullen departing Leinster to replace Nucifora as Ireland DoR & earlier last year Andy Marinos flew over to met with Nuicifora, an attempt to lure him back.

Nuicifora was DoR when another Crusaders coach started his tenure in 2008... Razor & Nuicifora to build Australia to No.1 again.

These are two guys who will completely overhaul & redevelop the existing structures, breakdown the barriers & drag the Australian rugby union's flailing carcass kicking and screaming into the top of world rugby again!

Last edited:

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
David rejected Rugby Australia:

“I don’t think it’d be wise to revisit. I think that you have a go at something once, you do your best and then if it’s not good enough or it didn’t work you move on, do something else.

“What’s changed back there that I could think that, what I can offer, can change what they’re doing still?

“I’ll always love rugby. I’ll always love Australian rugby. Could I see myself working in Australia again? I doubt it.”

More from the Roar

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
We all joke about Eddie, but his a fantastic coach, with brilliant ability, one of the best coaches in the world and an Australian.. I don't want him back but we should respect what his done.

I wouldn't mind him as a consultant for the World Cup.

Reactions: dru

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm confused why one man gets left out of discussions, one who's built a considerably strong reputation within Irish rugby.

I ask curiously as to why Australians wouldn't rather have David Nuicifora back as Director Of Rugby than Jones? He's proven capable in that role, overseeing Ireland's most successful period in history. I bring this up as there's currently some chat about Leo Cullen departing Leinster to replace Nucifora as Ireland DoR & earlier last year Andy Marinos flew over to met with Nuicifora, an attempt to lure him back.

Nuicifora was DoR when another Crusaders coach started his tenure in 2008... Razor & Nuicifora to build Australia to No.1 again.

These are two guys who will completely overhaul & redevelop the existing structures, breakdown the barriers & drag the Australian rugby union's flailing carcass kicking and screaming into the top of world rugby again!
Mate you bang on enough about him for all of us

P.S. He said he didn't want to come back.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Ah, so you’re going to pretend you didn’t already post an article on this very thread where Nucifora clearly stated he wasn’t interested in coming back?

Trolls gotta troll huh?

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Nucifora told us to kick rocks

Cant really blame him with the sendoff he got
TT, Nearly everyone gets that send-off from us. They are all pro coaches and if the timing is right and they are starting to look they won't sit at home waiting for that special offer to come.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Ah, so you’re going to pretend you didn’t already post an article on this very thread where Nucifora clearly stated he wasn’t interested in coming back?

Trolls gotta troll huh?
Slim this is not a truth and honesty session, it's a place for us to dream!
P.S. and hope it don't turn into a nightmare.....

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It's not zero though is it. He has already stated this will be his last season with the Crusaders and he wants an international job, he wants to win a World Cup with 2 separate nations. If the AB's pass him up again for Schmidt or Joseph or any of the other more corporate coaches they prefer, the only Tier 1 nation available will be Australia
Hence my use of the word "about".

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Thank fuck for that
FB4577C4-05BE-4128-80D2-4BBC4E84344F.jpeg

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
If you haven't seen it there is a video on the NZ Rugby Team posted by ruggy that touches on coaches, it's an excellent presentation on what is going on in NZR and the similarities to us are very strong.

That thread pointed to an article on NZR already discussing a future coach.
Quote:
Scott ‘Razor’ Robertson might like to keep his phone off silent. Maybe that All Blacks call he’s been waiting on might be finally about to happen. Maybe it already has
With Warren Gatland’s words of advice ringing in his ear, New Zealand Rugby boss Mark Robinson confirmed on Thursday “discussions” have already started around the appointment of the All Blacks coach post the 2023 World Cup.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
If you haven't seen it there is a video on the NZ Rugby Team posted by ruggy that touches on coaches, it's an excellent presentation on what is going on in NZR and the similarities to us are very strong.

That thread pointed to an article on NZR already discussing a future coach.
Quote:
Scott ‘Razor’ Robertson might like to keep his phone off silent. Maybe that All Blacks call he’s been waiting on might be finally about to happen. Maybe it already has
With Warren Gatland’s words of advice ringing in his ear, New Zealand Rugby boss Mark Robinson confirmed on Thursday “discussions” have already started around the appointment of the All Blacks coach post the 2023 World Cup.

Difference is NZ can afford to get it wrong at coach. Even with a clown like Foster they can still manage 7 wins in a row

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Difference is NZ can afford to get it wrong at coach. Even with a clown like Foster they can still manage 7 wins in a row
TT not sure they can,, their playing numbers are dropping and they have the same issues as we have without an NRL grabbing players from school. Fosters numbers are in the 60's, which in NZ is equivalent to us at 40, which we are. The search by NZ for a new coach is underway.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
We talk about the NRL going after Rugby kids in Australia but I know that there is a push from some NRL clubs to be looking at NZ School boy rugby just as hard over the next few years. The world is a much smaller place now and the talent grab is fast.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
We talk about the NRL going after Rugby kids in Australia but I know that there is a push from some NRL clubs to be looking at NZ School boy rugby just as hard over the next few years. The world is a much smaller place now and the talent grab is fast.
I think everyone worrys too much about chasing these young athletes. Focus on the players that do want to play the sport and coach them to play it properly

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think everyone worrys too much about chasing these young athletes. Focus on the players that do want to play the sport and coach them to play it properly
TT If we follow your advice, due to rugby shrinking in the southern hemisphere we will end up with a few clubs and just enough to fill a very average Wallaby team. More likely it will go back to an amateur game played at exclusive schools and the world will have gone full circle.