• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys and National Championships 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Conor Mitchell has a very stron chance at 7.

He's playing 6 for GPS 1. He's 3rd in line to the Qld #7 jersey behind Kristian Satui and Joseph Swann. Conor Mitchell's best chance is at 6 and even then he's going to have tough competition south of the boarder. Not to mention Caleb Timu, the current Qld 1 #6 is still running around for Marsden State High School and has been selected for QLD trials..

I

International Badboy

GPS selections south of the border have been shockers as usual how are they up north?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
16. Campbell Wakely - The Southport School QLD
13. Chris F'Sautia - Brisbane State High School QLD
10. - (Grant Davies - Brisbane Grammar School QLD)
9. Waldo Wessels - Endeavour Sports High NSW
8. Michael Wells - St Ignatius College NSW
7. Mark Baldwin - Newington College NSW
6. Kristian Satui - Nudgee College QLD
5. Rhys Dombkins - St Augustine's College NSW
4. Curtis Browning (C) - Brisbane State High School QLD
2. Maile Ngaumo - Ipswich Grammar School QLD

Anyone want to fill in spots, maybe other than QLD and NSW

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
17.Michael Kovacic - St Josephs College NSW
15. Angus Le Leivre - St Joseph College NSW
14. Brogan Roods - Newington College NSW
1. Ezrah Amituanai - Newington College NSW

a bit Joeys bias but both wouldnt be out of place there same with the other two newington boys

W

waves

13. F'Sautia - Brisbane State High School QLD
11. Tanginoa - Prairiewood High School NSW
10. Davies - Brisbane Grammar School QLD
9. Wessels - Endeavour Sports High NSW
8. Wells - St Ignatius College NSW
7. Baldwin - Newington College NSW
6. Satui - Nudgee College QLD
5. Kovacic - St Josephs College NSW
4. Browning (C) - Brisbane State High School QLD
3. Ala'alatoa - Newington College NSW
2. Ngaumo - Ipswich Grammar School QLD

I've added a few selections Kovacic from Joeys, Ala'alatoa from Newington, Tanginoa from Prairiewood High School all three players will have some say in final team selections.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
From what I've seen of Curtis Browning he plays more like a 6 or 8.

I know its important to have your best players on the field, but how can aru expect to build depth in the second row if blokes who are clearly backrowers keep getting selected at 4 and 5.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
19. Kristian Satui - Nudgee College QLD
17. Ezra - Newington College NSW (?)
16. Wakely - The Southport School QLD
13. F'Sautia - Brisbane State High School QLD
11. Tanginoa - Prairiewood High School NSW
9. Wessels - Endeavour Sports High NSW
8. Wells - St Ignatius College NSW
7. Baldwin - Newington College NSW
6. Browning (C) - Brisbane State High School QLD
5. Kovacic - St Josephs College NSW
4. Dombkins - St Augustine's College NSW (From my understanding Oz Schools 2010?)
3. Ala'alatoa - Newington College NSW
2. Nguaumo - Ipswich Grammar School QLD

We all happy now? I've excluded Davies #10 BGS. This is primarily because he's been selected for QLD GPS 3 and looks out of form

I

International Badboy

Le'lievre (Joeys) appears to have 15 all wrapped up unless their are any freaks up north?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
No one really knows who the contenders for QLD #15 are. Craig Hunt is GPS 1 but I've only seen him play once, consistent and strong ball runner, good kicking game, fast. Not sure how he would go against quality opposition so I'll leave that one till after the QLD trials.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Has anyone heard whether Tom Cusack is in the running this year for no8?

From all accounts, he is playing strongly in the local schoolboys comp for Marist Canberra.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
What about Isiah Mosesse from perth (originally from nudgee college). Already playing Western Force A and is only 17, he'd have to be a shoe in for fullback

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What about Isiah Mosesse from perth (originally from nudgee college). Already playing Western Force A and is only 17, he'd have to be a shoe in for fullback

I have actually read about this kid, when he was back at Nudgee College he was signed to a league team (Sydney Roosters I think) and there was big talk about his ability. Was only 14 or 15 at the time and they were predicting some really big things but I hadn't heard about him since he left and just assumed he went south for league. If he's still at school you'd assume he will take the Oz Schools #15, but as I say I'm not sure where he's gone to.

Another player I've been reading about/watching is Tuatalatasi Tasi from Ipswich Grammar QLD. From what I've heard he's been a previous QLD contender for the #6 jersey and has been outstanding from Ippy this year. Was beaten to the GPS 1 jersey by Conor Mitchell of ACGS, but we all know the politics in GPS selections and so I'm not sure if thats reflective of his talent. He's part of the Roosters academy and looking to have a promising future in league, however he may not be considered for Oz Schoolboys in Union if the 13 man code have them in his sights and so this is the only reason I wouldn't see him in a QLD 1 jersey if not Oz Schools A.

W

waves

any contenders for 11, 14 and 12

I think all CHS and GPS wingers 1st and 2nd XV will take out the spots in NSW - Tanginoa favoured to take a Australian Spot this kid is a sensation.

Also LeLivre from Joeys is a great option at 15 should get in the mix with any big shots up north.

Any dark horses from say ACT ? Theres always a few in the mix from ACT.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think all CHS and GPS wingers 1st and 2nd XV will take out the spots in NSW - Tanginoa favoured to take a Australian Spot this kid is a sensation.

Also LeLivre from Joeys is a great option at 15 should get in the mix with any big shots up north.

Any dark horses from say ACT ? Theres always a few in the mix from ACT.

No big 15's north of the boarder, that I can say with confidence. From all reports Isaiah Mosese is the frontrunner, playing in WA after leaving Nudgee College in Brisbane. Signed for Force according to rugbywatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.