• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackheart

Peter Burge (5)
The Selectors will pick the Best Players for the Teams regardless if they boys have signed with NRL, Aussie Rules, Soccer etc. Unless the Rules Change. Every School Boy has a chance to be picked. These Contracted NRL Players etc. might decide Union is the way to go after league etc. Who Knows, that is what the ARU is hoping. But at present they are entitled to play, they are Schoolboys they have trained hard, played Union over the years for their school and they fit the criteria.

Your kidding, I said contracted players, so they have committed to another code!

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
Your kidding, I said contracted players, so they have committed to another code!
They are taking an Opportunity that Union can not provide, hopefully that will change. I am sure if an opportunity came for your Boy to be contracted to a NRL Club you wouldn't push it aside.

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
They are taking an Opportunity that Union can not provide, hopefully that will change. I am sure if an opportunity came for your Boy to be contracted to a NRL Club you wouldn't push it aside.
And they have trained their guts out for school union all season and are entitled to be picked !

Bill McLean (32)
Interesting.
My recollection was that Tep was dominated in the first half,and had a heap of counter opportunities in the second,with varied success.
It's funny how we see the same thing and come away with quite different perspectives of the same event.

BTW ILTW (I love my acronyms) when are you going to upgrade that cheap and nasty 80's calculator watch and get a 'Rolex' ? Lol

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If the NRL is the dream,then good on them.
But taking the cash from League,and taking the kudos and the trip/s from Rugby,should be mutually exclusive.
Good luck to them with their future in League,but Schoolboy Rugby tours should be about developing future Rugby players.

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
Is 28 degrees the "cut off" temperature for 15 minute hydration breaks in games?
The ground level itself will be Hot, in this sort of weather the trainers should be able to run on when needed. Hope the kids are getting plenty of Power aids an hour before the game to avoid cramps.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And they have trained their guts out for school union all season and are entitled to be picked !

What if the NRL contracted boy comes from CCC or CHS and does not play any Rugby all season except for the Schoolboy Champs games?

No training their guts out for School rugby all season there.

The Rock

Ward Prentice (10)
What if the NRL contracted boy comes from CCC or CHS and does not play any Rugby all season except for the Schoolboy Champs games?

Including ISA, I don't think that is fair at all But that would have to be up to the ASRU and Selectors on what they think and if they have another player who can play that position well. The Rules and the Criteria are in place and that's the way it is until changes are made.

Bill McLean (32)

Generally a lot of the boys from the CCC and CHS teMs play village rugby!

Bill McLean (32)
AUSTRALIA A v FIJI - HALF TIME

Aus A lead 18-12.

Australia have scored 3 tries (no conversions) and 1 penalty to Fiji's 2 tries 1 conversion.

Australia A are well in command of a very physical Fiji!

number 6

Allen Oxlade (6)
Generally a lot of the boys from the CCC and CHS teMs play village rugby!
Very true, however it is a tough one. A lot of teenagers have not made up their minds as they love both games.
This years CCC 16s side had a fantastic 15 year old fly half pull out due to his selection in the 15s CCC league team. He's with the Knights for next year's Harold Matts but will be the first picked for the CCC 16s Union if he's fit. This boy, like many other talented youngsters, loves both games it's just that the guidance and feedback he gets from the leaguies is much more personal; he sees more of a pathway there and is already being mentored by Danny Buderus. If the Junior Gold Cup program is done properly then this may provide opportunities, but until youngsters are given personal attention, with clear pathways showing that they 'belong' to something bigger than themselves, league will always have the upper hand.....It's a shame, but probably will keep happening since there' so only one professional club (waratahs) on an equal footing with all the other NSW NRL clubs, who have their own junior teams and comps, such as the Holden Cup.

That's' enough serious chatter, give me Union any day of the week; and on that note, how are the Schools going? Any score updates for those who couldn't get to the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.