• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
Did not manage to make it to View today.
As a past front rower, I'm interested in hearing who were the best out of all of the front rowers today? Sandell, Mafi,Fifita etc?
No Games today / Rest Day for everyone.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone on here going to View tomorrow, Thursday or Saturday, that is prepared to put some words on a bit of paper to help Uncle Lee out with the Match Reports.

Send a Conversation to Lee if you can volunteer to share the work load.

It is a very time consuming job that Lee does for us all, and I am sure that he would appreciate some assistance.

That being said, I "should" be able to escape from Stalag Work on Thursday for one or both of the Afternoon games, and may be able to prepare a Sermon from Reverend Hugh.

End of Financial Year wrap up can be a bugger of a time to try and execute a Salt Mines escape strategy for the day.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Which ACT boys in particular should we keep an eye out for?

Not meant to be dismissive but there are 23 of them and it would be hard to give good feedback on all of them.

Are there any that have been performing particularly well in the local competition?

Spiky Beaver

Bob McCowan (2)

Not meant to be dismissive but there are 23 of them and it would be hard to give good feedback on all of them.

Are there any that have been performing particularly well in the local competition?

I got out to see a couple of the boys play and I think theres some real hidden talent in the ACT school boys side. I think whilst Mitchell Douch has got a brilliant pass and a lovely high paced attack, the reserve Patrick Rumble, whilst a slightly weaker passer, has a very underrated natural awareness around the paddock. His combo with #10 Harry Tyson (I think they play on the same club team together) is another one to look out for as they can link up to perform freak like passages of play. Their size is a limiting factor but I believe with a bit of development their raw talent will take them far.

I've seen the Clancy brothers also at a club level but didn't get a chance to watch them in any rep sides. From what I have seen at a lower level, the 4 players have some real football nous when on the park together.

Definitely players to look out for, I'm excited to see how they play deeper into the competition.

BigSteve

Herbert Moran (7)
Jason Tomane, younger brother of Joe, has decent wraps on him id be interested to see how he goes.

i would assume an Australian A selection.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Slow start by both NSW teams: IIs v ACT and Is v Combined States.
Eventually both NSW teams put a fair bit of distance between themselves and their opponents.

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
Slow start by both NSW teams: IIs v ACT and Is v Combined States.
Eventually both NSW teams put a fair bit of distance between themselves and their opponents.

That's true both NSW Teams slow to begin with in the NSW 11s game against
ACT 11s in the first part of the half the score was 10/10 but in the second half a lot of drop balls from ACT which didn't help their course. The final score was 33/10. The score would have been higher from NSW if they didn't miss some of their goal kicks.

NSW 1s v CS 1s again was slow to begin with in the early stages CS was winning 12/10. One of the CS tries was scored by a Strong Determined forward pack from a scrum who pushed their way over the line. Halftime NSW were 24/12. The game seemed to get easier for NSW as it came to an end and they kept running away and scoring. Charlie Taylor scored to make the final score 43/12

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
ACT 11s in the first part of the half the score was 10/10 but in the second half a lot of drop balls from ACT which didn't help their course. The final score was 33/10. The score would have been higher from NSW if they didn't miss some of their goal kicks.

NSW 1s v CS 1s again was slow to begin with in the early stages CS was winning 12/10. One of the CS tries was scored by a Strong Determined forward pack from a scrum who pushed their way over the line. Halftime NSW were 24/12. The game seemed to get easier for NSW as it came to an end and they kept running away and scoring. Charlie Taylor scored to make the final score 43/12

http://austschools.rugbynet.com.au/

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

ACT only have 1 side.
1/2 time score had ACT up 10-5 ( I think). Maybe it was 10-7.
ACT overall noticeably smaller than NSW IIs.
In NSW Is I felt there was quite a lot of selfish play in the first half. Liked the NSW Is half's pass: he was the back up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
ACT only have 1 side.
1/2 time score had ACT up 10-5 ( I think). Maybe it was 10-7.
ACT overall noticeably smaller than NSW IIs.
In NSW Is I felt there was quite a lot of selfish play in the first half. Liked the NSW Is half's pass: he was the back up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agree with you fully Inside Shoulder regarding the NSW 1s. They didn't seem to play as a team, compared to Mondays game. Not much ball was spread out and it looked at times players were just Hogging it and not passing.

Stephen Roland

Bob McCowan (2)

The Prop Tyrell Lomax and Fullback Beau Donovan are both stand outs in the local competition. How have they performed so far.

thefencesitter

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think because of the nature of the schoolboy tour this year - To England, Wales, Ireland etc. - the 5/8 selected will have to have a strong kicking game, it won't be enough to rely on Kellaway and Jones for on-field kicking, especially in the wet conditions.

Saw Mitch Third for QLD play today and on monday, definite chance for AUS schools. Is very strong in offence and a good distributor of the ball, which will work nicely with such strong New South Welshman outside him.

Deegan, again, made a few on-field kicking games in the game today, one in particular directly leading to a try. Whilst his defence is exemplary, this will be a major weakness especially on the European tour.

Clancy doesn't seem to be in his top form ATM, although not far from it. I don't think he'd mix like bread and butter with his players outside him (shown a little in GPS I's), but I would love to be proved wrong. Think to be a stronger candidate for Aus schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.