• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Bugger!!!

Have to disagree that NSW I v NSW II is as good as it gets, but I hope it is a great final. There is a lot to play for.

Some high scoring games, no doubt some great rugby for the spectators.

There will be some hand wringing in the QLD quarters. But that happens from time to time.

Thanks for the updates Rugby Mum.

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
That's no fool. Just a Queenslander doing his patriotic duty with the rallying call every person born north of the Tweed knows and loves :p
I thought NSW 1 s looked like they were Asleep out there today. Still some Selfish players not playing as a team and not enough ball getting out, especially Outwide to the left. I really enjoyed Mondays game a lot better as everyone played as a team, plenty of ball getting outwide and not too much Hogging, where at the moment a lot are playing for themselves.
Credit to the QLD11s they came out Firing and didn't let up.

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
Good effort from the QLD II team to get as close as they did.

How good would it have been if it was a NSW II vs QLD II grand final?

Na. NSW I v NSW II is as good as it gets.

It will be a rather interesting 36 hours in the Riverview Boarding houses as the II's and I's from NSW and QLD plan for the Saturday games.

Both the II's and I's have points to prove. II's have nothing to lose, and all to gain. I's have everything to lose and little to gain.

It will be Mate against Mate ! Can't wait, bring it on !

clubpro

Stan Wickham (3)
Arrived just before kickoff for the NSW1 VS QLD2 game. Gee, that Harry Jones was the most dangerous back on display. Always seems to beat the man on the outside with a fend and acceleration. Set up many great raids and scored a few himself. The best just before half time with a run of 50m beating 3 or 4 on the outside with the fend with little room to move. Tanne Milne very close second as most dangerous being a handful all afternoon. Qld2 forwards disrupted well and were solid but NSW1 had too much class. Qld2 half seems pretty elusive and scored a great try from scrum base and the 15 was also pretty good and kicked well at goal. NSW 1 scrum was good but a bit messy at the back when the ball came out. A good afternoon's entertainment . Jones, Milne, Kellaway and Tepai sure things for Australian Schools.

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
That's no fool. Just a Queenslander doing his patriotic duty with the rallying call every person born north of the Tweed knows and loves :p
I spoke to his Mates who came down with him and they said he has not shut up since they left Qld. and now they will cop it all the way back of what went wrong. Lol.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
I thought NSW 1 s looked like they were Asleep out there today. Still some Selfish players not playing as a team and not enough ball getting out, especially Outwide to the left. I really enjoyed Mondays game a lot better as everyone played as a team, plenty of ball getting outwide and not too much Hogging, where at the moment a lot are playing for themselves.
Credit to the QLD11s they came out Firing and didn't let up.

Have to disagree roar. The ball found hands today as opposed to yesterday when the ball was spilt on many occasions. Early NSW 1s could have been accused of going wide too quickly and being too adventurous which saw a couple of the times the moves breakdown. Then when QLD scored they went into there shell a little and tried to gain an advantage in tight. When NSW did spread the ball they looked dangerous on every occasion there were multiple offloads in tackles and the ball travelled the full width of the pitch and sometimes back again. The counterattack was exceptional with the NSW 1s boys also backing themselves. Overall while not the complete performance it was much improved on yesterday. Saturdays game will be one of completely different game plans the 2s forwards have looked dominant in all games while the 1s struggled with both the CS team and at times today against QLD. While the 2s backs have been good the 1s have shown glimpses of brilliance and if they all click on Saturday lookout. NSW 1s 12, 13 and 14 were great promoting the ball consistently and looked devastating. Kellaway while good could be who you were referring to roar as he, on a number of occasions took the solo option rather than pass to an unmarked man. Bring on Saturday it should be a cracker.

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
Arrived just before kickoff for the NSW1 VS QLD2 game. Gee, that Harry Jones was the most dangerous back on display. Always seems to beat the man on the outside with a fend and acceleration. Set up many great raids and scored a few himself. The best just before half time with a run of 50m beating 3 or 4 on the outside with the fend with little room to move. Tanne Milne very close second as most dangerous being a handful all afternoon. Qld2 forwards disrupted well and were solid but NSW1 had too much class. Qld2 half seems pretty elusive and scored a great try from scrum base and the 15 was also pretty good and kicked well at goal. NSW 1 scrum was good but a bit messy at the back when the ball came out. A good afternoon's entertainment . Jones, Milne, Kellaway and Tepai sure things for Australian Schools.

Great game Harry Jones 3 tries today 2 for NSW and 1 for QLD !

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Both the II's and I's have points to prove. II's have nothing to lose, and all to gain. I's have everything to lose and little to gain.

Both Twos teams played above themselves and though Qld II lost, I would not be surprised if they beat Qld I. To do so they will have to play as they did today.

I would not be surprised either if NSW II got up over NSW I though that would rely on the NSW I stars having an off day and the NSW II forwards having a repeat performance of tough excellence.

What another top performance by Taane Milne. Maybe we could have a whip-around on Saturday to keep him playing rugby union.

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
Have to disagree roar. The ball found hands today as opposed to yesterday when the ball was spilt on many occasions. Early NSW 1s could have been accused of going wide too quickly and being too adventurous which saw a couple of the times the moves breakdown. Then when QLD scored they went into there shell a little and tried to gain an advantage in tight. When NSW did spread the ball they looked dangerous on every occasion there were multiple offloads in tackles and the ball travelled the full width of the pitch and sometimes back again. The counterattack was exceptional with the NSW 1s boys also backing themselves. Overall while not the complete performance it was much improved on yesterday. Saturdays game will be one of completely different game plans the 2s forwards have looked dominant in all games while the 1s struggled with both the CS team and at times today against QLD. While the 2s backs have been good the 1s have shown glimpses of brilliance and if they all click on Saturday lookout. NSW 1s 12, 13 and 14 were great promoting the ball consistently and looked devastating. Kellaway while good could be who you were referring to roar as he, on a number of occasions took the solo option rather than pass to an unmarked man. Bring on Saturday it should be a cracker.
The NSW 1s ball only travelled right the whole time, when it did get out, the same was for Tuesday. I was with a Big Group of Union Fanatics Friends and they all said the same, even a lot of the spectators were talking about it. Until the last 5 minutes of the game when it did get passed out wide to the left and the winger there scored. Not good look for the number 10 as it should go both sides, right out. It looked as though he was told to only pass it to the right side of the field.
Mondays game was a beauty and the ball went wide quickly to both sides and right out, which helped with the Big Score Mark for NSW1s. And they played as a Team who looked like they have been playing together for a long time. I hope they play on Saturday, like they played on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.