• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Of course they were told to send it out to Jones' wing.He is electric isn't he?
Couldn't argue if that was the plan. His finishing is first class. Given the slightest bit of room he can find the line. Not only that his long passing as seen when receiving a kick and finding Kellaway was amazing. I think more of the same on Saturday. Knowing it is coming is one thing stopping it is another. With a 4 pronged attack of Taane, Tepai, Harry and Andrew I feel sorry for the 2s backs.

overs and unders

Stan Wickham (3)
fat lady isn't singing yet for the NSW IIs, no doubting talent of the above but its easy to look good when you haven't played much substance. IIs have everything to play for and have ability across the field, lets se how they go when they are tackled....

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Of course they were told to send it out to Jones' wing.He is electric isn't he?
And surely not at the expense of the left wing?
But this is not really the 10s doing as I saw it.
It's something about the structure of the team or the way they bring it back.
Is Kellaway left handed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Most NC players are in NSW IIs aren't they?
NSW 1 NSW II
1. Matthew SANDELL St Joseph’s College 1. Mesui TUFUI Newington
2. Hosea FOTUKAVA St Ignatius College 2. Nick KOUTSOUKIS Waverley
3. Faaope SATUI Trinity Grammar 3. Vunipola FIFITA Newington
4. Lachlan CANNELL Newington 4. Anthony VASILIS Newington (concussed)Nick Burkett called in Barker College
5 Joshua ANDERSON Oakhill College 5. Ned Hanigan St Josephs College
6. Angus CRICHTON The Scots College 6. David MORRIS Newington
7. Jack McCALMAN The Kings School 7. Brandon PAENGA-AMOSA Endeavour Sports High
8. Rahboni WARREN-VOSAYACO Endeavour Sports High 8. John WALKER St Augustines College
9. Mitchell SHORT The Scots College 9. Joey LUSSICK Newington
10.Andrew DEEGAN St Joseph’s College 10. Jack CLANCY Shore
11.Charlie TAYLOR St Augustines College 11. Tyson DAVIS Barker College
12.Tepai MOEROA Newington 12. Will DAVIES The Kings School
13.Taane MILNE Newington 13. Henry HUTCHINSON St Ignatius College
14.Harry JONES Barker College 14. Josh MITCHELL Newington
15.Andrew KELLAWAY The Scots College 15. Nick CLANCY Shore
16.Jackson McLEAN Trinity Grammar 16. Nathan KELLY St Ignatius College
17.Matt SERHON Newington 17. Jamaine CROSSLEY The Scots College
18.Will RIDLEY The Scots College 18. Francis BROWN McKillop College Warnervale
19.James LOUGH St Augustines College 19. Andrew VATUVEI Sarah Redfern High
20.Billy FREEMAN Kinross Wolaroi 20. Arthur CURRIE St Gregorys Campbelltown
21.Michael KENNEDY St Ignatius College 21. Stephen KIRKBY Barker
22.Corey TULLOCH The Kings School. 22. Matt ARNOLD St Augustines College
23.Ben COTTON Oakhill 23. Elliot JENNINGS All Saints Maitland

Taken fromOne of George' s wonderful original lists.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
NSW 1 NSW II
1. Matthew SANDELL St Joseph’s College 1. Mesui TUFUI Newington
2. Hosea FOTUKAVA St Ignatius College 2. Nick KOUTSOUKIS Waverley
3. Faaope SATUI Trinity Grammar 3. Vunipola FIFITA Newington
4. Lachlan CANNELL Newington 4. Anthony VASILIS Newington (concussed)Nick Burkett called in Barker College
5 Joshua ANDERSON Oakhill College 5. Ned Hanigan St Josephs College
6. Angus CRICHTON The Scots College 6. David MORRIS Newington
7. Jack McCALMAN The Kings School 7. Brandon PAENGA-AMOSA Endeavour Sports High
8. Rahboni WARREN-VOSAYACO Endeavour Sports High 8. John WALKER St Augustines College
9. Mitchell SHORT The Scots College 9. Joey LUSSICK Newington
10.Andrew DEEGAN St Joseph’s College 10. Jack CLANCY Shore
11.Charlie TAYLOR St Augustines College 11. Tyson DAVIS Barker College
12.Tepai MOEROA Newington 12. Will DAVIES The Kings School
13.Taane MILNE Newington 13. Henry HUTCHINSON St Ignatius College
14.Harry JONES Barker College 14. Josh MITCHELL Newington
15.Andrew KELLAWAY The Scots College 15. Nick CLANCY Shore
16.Jackson McLEAN Trinity Grammar 16. Nathan KELLY St Ignatius College
17.Matt SERHON Newington 17. Jamaine CROSSLEY The Scots College
18.Will RIDLEY The Scots College 18. Francis BROWN McKillop College Warnervale
19.James LOUGH St Augustines College 19. Andrew VATUVEI Sarah Redfern High
20.Billy FREEMAN Kinross Wolaroi 20. Arthur CURRIE St Gregorys Campbelltown
21.Michael KENNEDY St Ignatius College 21. Stephen KIRKBY Barker
22.Corey TULLOCH The Kings School. 22. Matt ARNOLD St Augustines College
23.Ben COTTON Oakhill 23. Elliot JENNINGS All Saints Maitland

Taken fromOne of George' s wonderful original lists.
Thanks RM, thought so.

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
And surely not at the expense of the left wing?
But this is not really the 10s doing as I saw it.
It's something about the structure of the team or the way they bring it back.
Is Kellaway left handed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Who Knows Inside but certainly different games than Monday and that's why the score was high for NSW 1s as they got it right out and used both sides of the field, which made it exciting and myself and others love to watch and I am sure NSW 11s Team would being taking notes on this as well.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Any predictions for the Aussie schools Team ?
With the final NSW 1 v NSW 2, you'd expect quite a few NSW boys. I also noted that Vic beat ACT by a big score, so I'd like to think that would be recognised.

It will be interesting to see what sort of ongoing commitment the boys will be required to make to rugby. I believe that there are a few who have some sort of NRL commitments. I wonder what sort of contracts, if any, they have with league. IMO these boys should commit to rugby as a precondition for selection in the tour.

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
NSW1 v NSW2 and Q1 v Q2 - interesting! I wonder at the way the selectors view this. Does a dominant display by a 2's player, esp a NSW2s player erase the previous selection opinion about the NSW1 player? What bearing does the presence of an all NSW final have on the good performances of Q1 and 2 players in the matches prior to the final? Judicious selection choices allow the Aussie A program to maintain another 23 man squad to augment the Schools squad and keep 46 boys focused for Fiji and NZ before the UK side is picked. I hope they pick two sets of 23 and not 23 for the A's and 15 for the Schools to save some $$, not after the Lions tour has made the ARU so much $$ - let's face it, they didn't need to buy George Smith another tracksuit!!. We should all remember that the UK trip is a long off prize, there are some hard trainings and Tests before this. The Q boys still have a whole GPS season to get through too so even shadow players are still in with a shot. Best wishes to all in the final series.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
NSW1 v NSW2 and Q1 v Q2 - interesting! I wonder at the way the selectors view this. Does a dominant display by a 2's player, esp a NSW2s player erase the previous selection opinion about the NSW1 player? What bearing does the presence of an all NSW final have on the good performances of Q1 and 2 players in the matches prior to the final? Judicious selection choices allow the Aussie A program to maintain another 23 man squad to augment the Schools squad and keep 46 boys focused for Fiji and NZ before the UK side is picked. I hope they pick two sets of 23 and not 23 for the A's and 15 for the Schools to save some $$, not after the Lions tour has made the ARU so much $$ - let's face it, they didn't need to buy George Smith another tracksuit!!. We should all remember that the UK trip is a long off prize, there are some hard trainings and Tests before this. The Q boys still have a whole GPS season to get through too so even shadow players are still in with a shot. Best wishes to all in the final series.

In the past, dominant performances by NSW or Qld 2s players have seen them selected over their 1s counterparts - as it should be. Good players not in the main final should all come under consideration for selection based on their performances. Again, historically the strongest teams in the tournament tend to be rewarded with selections - particular when 2 boys are about equal and a choice has to be made.

I hope that all boys put on their best show tomorrow, and boys receive the selection that they deserve.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
With the final NSW 1 v NSW 2, you'd expect quite a few NSW boys. I also noted that Vic beat ACT by a big score, so I'd like to think that would be recognised.

Let's see what the result is in the 3rd v 3rd final tomorrow between Victoria and Combined States, before selecting smokies from teams outside the top 4 of NSW I+II and QLD I+II...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
fat lady isn't singing yet for the NSW IIs, no doubting talent of the above but its easy to look good when you haven't played much substance. IIs have everything to play for and have ability across the field, lets se how they go when they are tackled..

NSW IIs had a good game plan v. Qld I and I think that we will see that on Saturday. They kept the ball in tight for long periods and it was pick and go time, sometimes for several minutes.

PS - there is a blog on Day 3 here:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/aussie-schools-champs-day-3/

Status
Not open for further replies.