• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Great thanks - here Cut & Paste

BMW Australian Schools Squad:

James Armstrong, Knox Grammar School
Adam Doueihi, St Patrick's College
William Eadie, St Joseph's, Gregory Terrace
Sean Farrell, Brisbane Boys' College
Sunia Finefeuiaki, Marcellin College
Luke Gersekowski, St Edmund's College
Lloyd Gorman, Brisbane State High School
Esei Haangana, St Paul's Catholic College
Opeti Helu, Newington College
Yirribi Jaffer-Williams, St Joesph's College
Ryan Lonergan, Trinity Christian College
Lachlan Lonergan, Trinity Christian College
Isaac Lucas, St Joseph's, Gregory Terrace
Fraser McReight,Brisbane Grammar School
Matthew McTaggart, St Joseph's College
Luke Osborne, The King's School
Hunter Paisami, Pakenham Secondary College
Thomas Ross, Darmalan College
Justin Sikimeti, St Patrick's College
Francis Soakai-Tai,Erindale College
Rory Suttor, The Shore School
Laurence Tominiko, Keebra Park State High School
Joshua Vuta, Somerset College
Nick Wilkinson, St Joseph's College
Matthew Wilshire, Toowoomba Grammar School

One player to be added to the team on 14th August

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Australian Schools Barbarians Squad:

Bo Abra, St Stanislaus' College
Matthew Faessler, Toowoomba Grammar School
Nicholas Frost, Knox Grammar School
Hinkley Halo Vaovasa, Cranbourne Secondary College
Mackenzie Hansen, Daramlan College
William Harrison, Marcellin College, Randwic
Tyzak Jordan, Waverley College
Callum Kent, Camberwell High School
Dan Matthew, Kariong Mountains High School
Tate McDermott, Sunshine Coast Grammar
Matthew Orpen, The King's School
Lachlan Osborne, Canberra Grammar School
Tom Osborne, St Ignatius' College, Riverview
Jordan Petaia, Brisbane State High School
Dylan Pietsch, The King's School
Liam Rixon, The Shore School
Charles Rorke, St Ignatius' College, Riverview
Tom Serhon, Newington College
Henry Sharp, Anglican Church Grammar
Ben Simpson, Brisbane Boys' College
Tristan Stanghon, Anglican Church Grammar
Dylan Valeni, Westfields Sports HS
Harry Wilson, St Joseph's, Gregory Terrace

tragickingdom

Herbert Moran (7)
barbs ----Frost..5 ( you have to be kidding) watch the video of the games he played..There were better locks..yes he is tall but WTF.

In all honesty, i thought he looked out of his depth at the NSW trials and was amazed he got in over his partner Rasch from CAS. Selectors must see something though so i hope he proves us all wrong and plays well for the squad. Congrats to him.

RugbyPurist

Bob McCowan (2)
As long as the powers that be hold the selectors and coaches accountable for these selections. Whilst there have been omissions from the

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
In all honesty, i thought he looked out of his depth at the NSW trials and was amazed he got in over his partner Rasch from CAS. Selectors must see something though so i hope he proves us all wrong and plays well for the squad. Congrats to him.

Rasch got a special award for something today. I am assuming it was player of match. But didnt make selection.

Anyone shed any light?

RugbyPurist

Bob McCowan (2)
...Squads based on NSW 1 performance in the final, apparently no such penalty for Qld teams. ACT hard done by in close games, but Vic and CS provided some great rugby. The NSW2 coaches must be pleased they got their share of players who performed.

tragickingdom

Herbert Moran (7)
A few observations for the week. The NSW 1 lads did not deliver and how is it that the coaches are not held accountable for a clear lack of game plan? NSW 2 were sensational and well deserved champions. There will always be random selections in the state team rosters and then in the Australian teams. It is tough on boys who a genuine players who miss out for no apparent reason, but there are some good news stories. The former is Fenn who is very hard done by, the latter is Suttor who was best forward in final. For those who didn't make it but played a team game rather than an individual game, your time will come. Talk of bias to selections because of Qld and ACT selectors must be balanced by the fact that NSW1 was missing something all week and were out coached and out enthused. Very pleased YJW selected after seeing zero ball today.that in itself tells a story.

agree with that for sure. For a talented bunch, NSW 1 has been awful. the final today was tough to watch - they were just out enthused and utterly clueless. The defense wouldn't be out of place at divisional trials for CHS, AICES and CCC which is no insult to those NSW divisions but you would expect the NSW 1 team to know how to align in defense properly!

S

sidelineview

Rasch got a special award for something today. I am assuming it was player of match. But didnt make selection.

Anyone shed any light?

NSW 2s Liam Rasch won the RUPA (Rugby Union Players Association) award for being the best player in the Final.

Donald Drumph

Stan Wickham (3)
Lots of ACT and Qld.

Funnily enough the selectors apparently are from ACT & Qld.

For my money, although he didn't play in the final today because of illness, I feel both teams are weaker without Jackson Mohi or Michael Fenn in either of them.

Overall though, I don't think the Kiwis will be losing any sleep tonight with these team selections
It figures.
So the team that came 7th ACT has seven players and the Qland who came 5th and 6th has a total of 11 players in both teams,what a joke?
The player awarded the player of the final couldn't even make either team.
No wonder Aust rugby is the way it is.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Three from Joeys.
One from Newington
One from Shore
One from Kings.

Days of AAGPS dominance fading

Suggesting the days of AAGPS dominance are fading on the strength of those selections is as likely as Caligula calling stumps when one of his orgies ran out of fresh horses. ;-)))

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Suggesting the days of AAGPS dominance are fading on the strength of those selections is as likely as Caligula calling stumps when one of his orgies ran out of fresh horses. ;-)))
Only 6 from QLD GPS too. The diversity of selection this year is refreshing to see and suggests merit based. History tells us that GPS dominated teams don't always do that well v NZ....discuss!

QLD I with 18/23 from GPS schools finished 6th so could hardly demand more!

Would love to see a full list, with school, state, state team played. There's 2 from St.Patricks but they're in different states. Adam Doueihi is from St. Pats at Strathfield and Justin Sikimeti from Shorncliffe St.Pats in QLD.

Congrats to all boys selected. Bond together and give NZ a pasting (like they've given the Reds and the Rebels in the last 24 hours)....

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
It figures.
So the team that came 7th ACT has seven players and the Qland who came 5th and 6th has a total of 11 players in both teams,what a joke?
The player awarded the player of the final couldn't even make either team.
No wonder Aust rugby is the way it is.

By my count Qld has 16 - 9 in schoolboys and 7 in baabaas
Q1 - 11 Q2 - 5

pekingduck

Bob McCowan (2)
If you base selections on winning teams then why were only 6 ISA picked over 11 CAS players selected for NSW when ISA beat CAS at trials? The fact is great teams don't necessarily have all the best athletes in them, they can be coached well to win but not necessarily have anything more in the tank development wise. The key is to throw a wide net and capture many players in terms of offering opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.