• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Aust schools went down fighting to a very good NZ schools by 32-22 having come back to 22 all after the kiwis got out to a 22-5 lead at oranges. Best for aust were #3 Helu who was a handful all day and made some great steals at the breakdown, #8 who got through a mountain of work, #11 Jaffa YJ who looked dangerous every time he touched and set up a great try with a deft grubber and #13 Paisami who put a huge hit in on his opposite number and was strong in attach and defence. Team lists for NZ attached. Watch out for future stars #6 (an Aa Savea type) and #10

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 526
S

sidelineview

Great effort by the Aussie schoolboys today.
Some individual brilliance was shown to score tries and get them back into the game but it was a very gutsy team effort to fight back.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)

Great vision, thanks. Wow that last play of the game was straight from the Richie McCaw playbook. I may need new spectacles, but I'll be damned if the kiwi 7 was in an onside position.

Anyways some great action. Well done to the boys. For mine I don't think, from the vision I saw, that the kiwi team wasn't as dominant as last years team. So we may be getting closer?! Also enjoy the "youngin's" that came on for Australia for the wallabies last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I thought the bench had a big impact today, gave us a spark and brought the game right back. Some credit to the coaches for that

Pretty much the same boys that turned things for the Fiji game,

But there was at least 1 taken off, I would have left on for longer, and that was the Hooker Lonergan. He was playing the house down,

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Great vision, thanks. Wow that last play of the game was straight from the Richie McCaw playbook. I may need new spectacles, but I'll be damned if the kiwi 7 was in an onside position.

Anyways some great action. Well done to the boys. For mine I don't think, from the vision I saw, that the kiwi team wasn't as dominant as last years team. So we may be getting closer?! Also enjoy the "youngin's" that came on for Australia for the wallabies last night

The last NZ Penalty, (that put them out by 10) looks to me a pretty poor call by the ref. Ref says player left his feet, he was cleaned out. But I think the penalty should have gone the other way, The sub hooker was on his feet directly over the ball.

Anyway, a class game and especially the second half. Comes down to a couples of calls by the ref that could have gone either way and the result could have been different.

Does anyone know where the full game (and for that matter the other games) can be watched? Or can it purchased on DVD?

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
The last NZ Penalty, (that put them out by 10) looks to me a pretty poor call by the ref. Ref says player left his feet, he was cleaned out. But I think the penalty should have gone the other way, The sub hooker was on his feet directly over the ball.

Anyway, a class game and especially the second half. Comes down to a couples of calls by the ref that could have gone either way and the result could have been different.

Does anyone know where the full game (and for that matter the other games) can be watched? Or can it purchased on DVD?
If you've got Foxtel it's on Thursday at 9pm on Fox 2

Status
Not open for further replies.