• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

CS 24 defeated WA 12
Best players for WA Masibaka, Weir, Solomon & Hinkley
For CS I've been impressed by 8 Rahme, 1 Saunders, 11 Bryden. The 6 Wellington had played strongly before he was injured in the 2nd game.
Lathan Hutchinson-Walters impressed today; he showed some touches of class. Mac Smith had a good game as well as did Jayden Lynch.
It's bad luck the CS backs havent had better opportunities to get the ball in their hands in the previous 2 matches, but they've still got one to go.

Breaks_Away

Sydney Middleton (9)
CS 24 defeated WA 12
Best players for WA Masibaka, Weir, Solomon & Hinkley
For CS I've been impressed by 8 Rahme, 1 Saunders, 11 Bryden. The 6 Wellington had played strongly before he was injured in the 2nd game.
Lathan Hutchinson-Walters impressed today; he showed some touches of class. Mac Smith had a good game as well as did Jayden Lynch.
It's bad luck the CS backs havent had better opportunities to get the ball in their hands in the previous 2 matches, but they've still got one to go.

Anyone know why CS Dom Easy #12 didn’t get to run on today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Quick question

Is Fred Fewtrell (QLD 1 second row) any relation to Jim Fewtrell (former Warringah, Waratahs)?
Big fella reminds me of Jim.

Dontreachyoungbloods

Allen Oxlade (6)
Quick question

Is Fred Fewtrell (QLD 1 second row) any relation to Jim Fewtrell (former Warringah, Waratahs)?
Big fella reminds me of Jim.

Doesn’t he just - I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Last I knew Jim was still living on the northern beaches in Sydney though.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Ben Whittaker : "My mate Mike Wallace who coaches the TSS Firsts has Nongorr in the No 10 Jersey when he gets back"

Campbell who ?

:)

S

sidelineview

That was a great game. NSWII came back from the dead to snatch it 34-31.
QLDI was the dominant team for most of the game but thats footy. Jeans getting a yellow card in the 2nd half didnt help.

12 Vincent Creagh made a break on the last play of the game and 14 Angus Bell scored.
Bell scored another very good try in their come back.
The forwards worked hard.
9 Tecjek (and replacement 9 Chambers), 10 Minogue, 12 Creagh, 13 Faiva played well.
15 Daniel Ala really caught the eye a few times with his fast feet.

QLDI played really well . Gordon & Bennet were standouts.

I thought the commentators did a good job.

It will be an all NSW Final but the 1s will be hard to beat.

The Doctor

Frank Row (1)
Great game between NSW2 v QLD1

I’ll be interested to watch the replay as the second half seemed to run longer than 30 minutes.

Well done to all boys

Breaks_Away

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tim Rapp commentating confirmed during NSWI first half Donny freeman not playing in today’s game due to having been injured in second game - broken collar bone!

S

sidelineview

Tim Rapp commentating confirmed during NSWI first half Donny freeman not playing in today’s game due to having been injured in second game - broken collar bone!

He's a proven performer.
Will he be one of players called up later?

Rugby Season

Stan Wickham (3)
Huge result. NSW2 defeat Qld1. 34/31 with a try on the death..Never ever give up. Well done NSW2..
Wow what a comeback. Things seemed to change when the reserves were brought on as an afterthought with 7 minutes to go and the game seemingly completely lost. Bell was crucial with 2 tries and I see why Joeys rate Scolari so highly when he gets a chance and he can tackle alright. 20 points in the last 5 minutes with 3 Joeys players involved brought back to me the ghosts of Joeys v Riverview last year.

The 8 and the 4 for NSW also awesome.

Will be tough to beat the 1s on Saturday but there is a never say die from the whole squad and congrats to the boys.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Shame about Freeman , although , he certainly looks like a class act and you'd think he'll ultimately be in the mix

Congrats to NSW 2 - I had to take off when Jeans got sent off and Barnabas went over shortly thereafter. But A send off with a wind advantage to the team with a numbers advantage is a massive factor . Until that point - I thought Jeans looked like one of QLD 1's best .

Still , QLD 1 shouldn't have let 20 points in 7m to 8m down the stretch . Great effort by Barnabas to sneak that narrow blind try but those sort of defensive lapses just shouldn't happen - but alas - it did

A very unexpected result , and perhaps an outlier, but well done to NSW 2

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Update from last day at Div 2 Nationals

A Div 2 Barbarian selection team has been selected from all the other Australian based teams (South Aust, Associated Schools (Qld) and Tasmania/Northern Territory) playing this week to take on the NSWJRU U18 team.

NSWJRU won this game over the Barbarians 67-0.

Successful tour for the club rugby Rep boys

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
Shame about Freeman , although , he certainly looks like a class act and you'd think he'll ultimately be in the mix

Congrats to NSW 2 - I had to take off when Jeans got sent off and Barnabas went over shortly thereafter. But A send off with a wind advantage to the team with a numbers advantage is a massive factor . Until that point - I thought Jeans looked like one of QLD 1's best .

Still , QLD 1 shouldn't have let 20 points in 7m to 8m down the stretch . Great effort by Barnabas to sneak that narrow blind try but those sort of defensive lapses just shouldn't happen - but alas - it did

A very unexpected result , and perhaps an outlier, but well done to NSW 2

We might have gotten a bit lucky G.O. and I agree with you re the send off not helping. Being a proud Joeys supporter it was nice to see our boys go well today particularly when they couldn't get a look in to GPS 1's for the second year in a row but this shows you that you can still do well in this format if the chances come your way. Creagh played very well and a good game on Saturday in the final has to see him in the mix and Heaven solid when he came on towards the end. Hugh Bokenham MOTM in 1s today also.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yes well done to the Joey boys and a shout out to Jude Gibbs who I reckon has equipped himself well this week

A well ordered and composed No 10 with the full range of mechanics

Breaks_Away

Sydney Middleton (9)
Dom received a knock and was subsequently ruled out for today's match. Having spoken to him today, he hopes to be cleared for GPS Rd.2 when View play Scots.

Cheers for letting us know Vintage red, he’s a great player to watch either as #10 or #12. Here’s to a speedy recovery for the lad

Status
Not open for further replies.