• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Looks like Luca Moretti is going to get a few frequent flyer points up in the coming months having been selected in the ASSRL team to tour the UK. http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_...ID=26416&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=62718049. Whilst the ASB touring team to Scotland and Ireland is yet to be selected, he’d be at very short odds to be boarding that plane also. Congratulations to him and his family - a huge achievement to make one leave alone both teams.

Reactions: WLF

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Looks like Luca Moretti is going to get a few frequent flyer points up in the coming months having been selected in the ASSRL team to tour the UK. http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_...ID=26416&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=62718049. Whilst the ASB touring team to Scotland and Ireland is yet to be selected, he’d be at very short odds to be boarding that plane also. Congratulations to him and his family - a huge achievement to make one leave alone both teams.

Whilst he is from my old school, that is an extremely rare achievement, not sure it's been done before.
Congrats to him and his family, as CNP put it well.
Now it's a battle,hope the ARU can win him over, he is not sold to league yet.

I haven't seen a player of his ability for a long while. He does dominant.We need his type against the Kiwis.

S

sidelineview

Agreed; it's a remarkable achievement by Moretti to make both teams, and it would be interesting to know if any other players have done this in the same year.

One would assume the RL Clubs will be making him offers that will be hard to refuse.

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agreed; it's a remarkable achievement by Moretti to make both teams, and it would be interesting to know if any other players have done this in the same year.

One would assume the RL Clubs will be making him offers that will be hard to refuse.
I'm fairly confident he is already locked up by the roosters

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tragickingdom

Herbert Moran (7)

I'm pretty sure one of the Lussick brothers made both teams a few years ago but pulled out of the Rugby schoolboys

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Albert Hopoate would more than likely have made both this year too had he not been injured. Always next year for him though, as only year 11. May still be a chance to make touring side, not named till after October tests.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Albert Hopoate would more than likely have made both this year too had he not been injured. Always next year for him though, as only year 11. May still be a chance to make touring side, not named till after October tests.
Think you'll find Albert finishes this year. Unless he is doing Pathways or repeats - which I could not imagine.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
His Dad told me after Aust lost to NZ at Milner last year that he was only in yr 10 (in 2017).

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Given both teams are heading off on extended tours to the UK, does anyone know if it is logistically possible to do both?

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Here are respective tour dates.

5-kick

20/11/2018 to 17/12/2018

Union

25/11/2018 to 17/12/2018

Gents, I think it's fair to say here is a classic case for the powers in League and Union to show their strength, or otherwise.

I really hope Luca stays with Union, the time has come surely for the union hierarchy to get on the front foot, even if he has a short term contract with the roosters, which I am not sure is even true at this stage, regardless of such reports.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.