• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Beale and Cooper in boozy incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Just read JON's comments that basically they have to play KB (Kurtley Beale) on the weekend for the good of KB (Kurtley Beale)'s mental health.
JON just book a fucking therapist for him, grab an hour or two for yourself as well. You are losing the plot.This is a disciplinary issue, it's not a staff welfare issue.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...e-assault-charge/story-e6frf55l-1226403756228
"In terms of helping him and any issues he may have, with the ability he has and the care and attention he is receiving from Robbie Deans and the coaching staff, the best thing for that young man is to play the game."

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Beale and Cooper are gifted athletes behaving like spoiled brats. I'll throw O'Connor in here too as his ego is out of control and he acts like a prat.
They all have 'form' around showing poor judgement in and around Wallaby camps. Forget the legal mumbo jumbo, put simply their behaviour has been unacceptable.

Where are the 'Men' of the Wallaby squad to straighten these kids out?

When Matt Rogers brought his rugby league drinking habits over to rugby, it was the senior men in the Waratahs squad who straightened him out in no uncertain terms, not the coaches or officials.
Same thing happens at the Sydney Swans with their 'no dickheads' policy. The players themselves look after themselves when discipline wanders and it has worked that way for a long time.

Representing your country is a little like being granted a driver's licence.....it's a privilege that must be respected.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm going to stick up for quade here, because you all seem to think he is a bit of a fluffybunny.

I use to dislike the bloke as well, didn't like his stupid hair cuts, couldn't understand why he would do torp kicks instead of punts, why he dropped the ball so often and what the fuck was going through his head when he stole a laptop.

But he has grown up a lot since his early days at the reds, and I dont reckon there are many current players who do more to grow rugby and connect with the fans than quade. He is not as arrogant as many make out, and after reds games he is always down at the fence signing autographs and taking photos with the kids. When you see him out on the town he is no different and is more than happy to take time out of his night to take a photo with whoever wants one.

Regardless of what his manager and the papers say, he has proven that he isnt a gun for hire like the other 2. He has been with the reds since he finished school and will be for at least 3 more years yet. He would have turned down better offers to stay with the reds.

This doesn't mean it is acceptable that he was trying to get back into the vic at 2am on a Friday morning after a night of drinking, that's not on at this time of the season. But my point is he is not half as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I use to dislike the bloke as well, didn't like his stupid hair cuts, couldn't understand why he would do torp kicks instead of punts, why he dropped the ball so often and what the fuck was going through his head when he stole a laptop.

I'm guessing you're a former forward.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
I don't dislike any of them.
I don't dislike my kids either, I love them, and that's why when they do something that's unacceptable, we as a family, address it.
Who thinks the unacceptable behaviour will get better with time, if it isn't firmly addressed sooner rather than later?

T

TOCC

I dont dislike them either, I love watching them play...

Just think its about time they stop been treated like mischievous teenagers and more like the men they actually are.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I dont dislike them either, I love watching them play.

Just think its about time they stop been treated like mischievous teenagers and more like the men they actually are.

That's fine, they should be treated like adults. Adults are allowed to blow off some steam and celebrate. There's a lot of people claiming that they wouldn't touch the grog or go out if they were in Kurtley and Quade's position. It's easier said then done and I'm sure many Uni students (at a similar age) can tell you after a month of studying how much they're craving a drink as exams are about to finish.

I personally think a lot of people have jumped the gun right now. There's nothing to suggest that they were pissed (there's nothing wrong being out late) but it's quite possible that they have had too much to drink. We additionally have no idea what's gone on other than Kurtley causing a scene which possibly has some form of racial elements coming into play.

For those who haven't been to the Vic, it's not traditionally known for it's politically correct patrons.

I don't understand how hard it is to bite our tongues until more information has come to light, unless this is going to be another Tuquri saga where everything is buried.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Cooper and Beale may be dills occasionally, but they have got nothing on O'Connor. He seemingly lives for snapback hats, cheering for woman beating sports stars, his bachelor of the year profile and flirting with every 15 year old girl who tweets him.

T

TOCC

That's fine, they should be treated like adults. Adults are allowed to blow off some steam and celebrate. There's a lot of people claiming that they wouldn't touch the grog or go out if they were in Kurtley and Quade's position. It's easier said then done and I'm sure many Uni students (at a similar age) can tell you after a month of studying how much they're craving a drink as exams are about to finish.
It's really not that hard, a little bit of self control doesn't take much, these players are supposed to have the maturity and composure to perform in front of 100'000 people, yet a sly allegedly racist comment from a bouncer causes him to lose his shit and throw a punch in anger..

I'm held responsible for my actions on whilst drinking, ive twice gone without drinking for 6 months becaue of work requirements in environments far more stressful then a uni exams... Im far from a model citizen so what's that say bout these guys?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
It's really not that hard, a little bit of self control doesn't take much, these players are supposed to have the maturity and composure to perform in front of 100'000 people, yet a sly allegedly racist comment from a bouncer causes him to lose his shit and throw a punch in anger..

Like I said, there's more to this than we know, for all we know the bouncer could be facing racial vilification charges? At the moment it's just wild speculation.

I'm held responsible for my actions on whilst drinking, ive twice gone without drinking for 6 months becaue of work requirements in environments far more stressful then a uni exams. Im far from a model citizen so what's that say bout these guys?

I think you'll find that that the players abstain from drinking for similar periods of time or limit themselves to one/two beers a week. They were on somewhat of a holiday, no rugby for a couple weeks and they've been training (in Quades case) and Kurtley playing since February every week bar the odd bye weekend.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
I'm gonna guess the ARU know's more about the incident than we do since they chose Kurtley to play this weekend. Given this weekend is a dead rubber and KB (Kurtley Beale) has spent the past month injured, it would be a pretty uncontroversial and safe call just to say that they don't want to risk playing him to early. It would have saved face all around, no implication that Kurtley is guilty, no implication that the ARU are scapegoating him, and no risk that they had lowered their moral tone. I was very surprised they didn't take this path. But the fact that they didn't suggests that, since they have spoken to him, QC (Quade Cooper) and others involved, and do know the facts of the case, they have decided that it doesn't warrant disciplinarian action. I can't imagine they wouldn't have taken the safe, easy path if they weren't very confident that the charges would be overturned. That said, if the charges aren't I will happily jump into the morally outraged bandwagon camp

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
Yeah agreed Braveheart, but I understood he was flying in for it. My guess is he's going to be there personally today so they can try and sort it out by mediation or something

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah agreed Braveheart, but I understood he was flying in for it. My guess is he's going to be there personally today so they can try and sort it out by mediation or something

The old, how about you drop your charges against Kurtley and by the way, are you interested in a corporate box for you and your mates at the Brisbane Bledisloe Test?

Status
Not open for further replies.