• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Beale and Cooper in boozy incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Mate, unfortunately when things like this pop up, we (including the media) point this out and normally we do care about it. the media probably overcooked the actual happenings of the incident but still, if our rugby boys are in a scuffle or punchup, it isnt good for the game. even if the the fight was instigated, the guys should still have the decency to walk away from it.. any sort of fight involving our top footy players isnt good for the outlook and wellbeing of the game.
you say that, but it hasn't affected league, soccer, afl, or any other sport I can think of.
I'm sure they encourage it in the UK to promote interest in the players.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Fully agree - Robbie Deans was called in to create a winning culture, and is doing the best he can with ridiculous scheduling and ARU bullshit - this sort of stuff is unnecessary, unprofessional and plain stupid.
And so are you! Wait until you are aware of the facts rather than the media beat-up before you make these kind of public opinions

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
QC (Quade Cooper) signs back to the Reds for 3 years, Celebrates with Beale and Heads to Victory Hotel. Heading to the Vic was the Problem on a thursday Night, should have gone down the road Closer to the QLD Rugby Club Area to drink Booze.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think people have missed the point here. there is nothing wrong with the boys wanting to celebrate QC (Quade Cooper) resigning. But if you are injured and trying to rehab to get back into your national team you dont drink until 2am, get kicked out of the pub and then start a stink. these idiots should be fined all payments for this wales tour and sent back to their clubs to rehab. how many other super 15 players would be dying to be a part of that squad, not drinking their opportunity away. how many chances do you give these same individuals?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Cooper was told he wasn't going to be part of the test series so I don't see an issue with him going out. Beale on the other hand is a chance of playing but I still don't have an issue with him being out unless he had commitments in the morning.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I look forward to you donating a couple of weeks pay next time you have too much to drink.

Sent using Tapatalk on a very old phone

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)
What if they were defending themselves?

I'll reserve judgment until I know the facts. If I'm going to demand the highest standards from my sports stars, the least I can do is show some moral standards myself.

I heard it was provoked by the bouncer calling KB (Kurtley Beale) a.... racial slur word.

T

TOCC

I think it's about time the ARU cracked down on these incidents, we are quickly turning into mungo league

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I think people have missed the point here. there is nothing wrong with the boys wanting to celebrate QC (Quade Cooper) resigning. But if you are injured and trying to rehab to get back into your national team you dont drink until 2am, get kicked out of the pub and then start a stink. these idiots should be fined all payments for this wales tour and sent back to their clubs to rehab. how many other super 15 players would be dying to be a part of that squad, not drinking their opportunity away. how many chances do you give these same individuals?

Bullshit, who says they were even drinking. From what I heard it was some racist slur from a bogan against Beale, Beale reacted understandably, Quade just happened to be there. Fuck, rugby players are people too, and if they can't go out for some down time, what the fuck can they do. Who are we to say they should be at home playing Xbox because they aren't playing for the Wobs. That is just armchair critic bullshit. It's a free country, sports stars can do whatever the fuck they want in their down time as long as they put everything in when they are wearing gold. That's all that matters.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I think it's about time the ARU cracked down on these incidents, we are quickly turning into mungo league

What other incidents have there been? There are so few incidents like this in rugby, that when something does happen, it is blown way the fuck out of proportion, honestly. And I'm not even exaggerating. When they start reporting Quade is given head for $10 in Queen Street Mall at lunch time on a wednesday afternoon, then you have a point. Otherwise I have no problem with Beale reacting to some drunk bloke calling him a nigger.

It's like your boss saying "Oh btw mate, when you go home after work tonight, go straight to bed, don't enjoy dinner or watch a movie because you need to be tip top for work tomorrow". It's just not realistic, and not to mention bullshit.

P

Paradox

Fight started after Beale apparently tried to reenter pub after he'd been ejected.

PlayedinHeaven

Allen Oxlade (6)
When both are rehabing soft tissue injuries which are keeping them from playing is being on the piss at 2am putting everything in for the gold? i have no problems with the boys getting on the gas in fact i encourage it, the reds players do it very well and are always out for a drink after games and never get in any trouble, in fact their are a number of reds and broncos who are out multiple times a week who you hear nothing about because they give nobody cause to talk about them, but hey i suppose these two angels just continue to get picked on and they are the victims in all this........

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Bullshit, who says they were even drinking. From what I heard it was some racist slur from a bogan against Beale, Beale reacted understandably, Quade just happened to be there. Fuck, rugby players are people too, and if they can't go out for some down time, what the fuck can they do. Who are we to say they should be at home playing Xbox because they aren't playing for the Wobs. That is just armchair critic bullshit. It's a free country, sports stars can do whatever the fuck they want in their down time as long as they put everything in when they are wearing gold. That's all that matters.
They are out at 2am and have not been drinking.....please
I think QC (Quade Cooper) has admitted they out on the grog in any event.
Sports stars can't do whatever they want, ever heard of a guy by the name of Lote? he lost his contract over behaviour.
Sports stars could do whatever they liked in the semi pro days, because the game was not reliant on sponsorships to pay their bills.
Sponsors want to align their products with good things. drunks being charged with assault or stealing laptops are not good things.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
What a load of shit.

It is nobodys business except KB (Kurtley Beale), the police prosecutor and the alleged victim.

Who decided that sportsmen should be role models. We expect them to go out and physically smash the opposition on the field, and we will shower them with praise for it, but heaven forbid they stand up for themselves the minute they leave the colosseum and we will look down our noses at them. They are expected to be punching bags for fuckwits, why?

If they are found to be the guilty party in the incident then they will get punished by law like anyone else, but then to have their livelihood threatened on top of any court ordered punishment seems abjectly unfair.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Who decided that sportsmen should be role models.

I always find that interesting when role models are mentioned, I was at that age once and I can't ever remember thinking about player's off field incidents, only their talent on the field. Didn't even know they existed beyond the field basically. Since when did kids who are at an impressionable age follow the media!?

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
It's like your boss saying "Oh btw mate, when you go home after work tonight, go straight to bed, don't enjoy dinner or watch a movie because you need to be tip top for work tomorrow". It's just not realistic, and not to mention bullshit.
That is an extremely great point and it is true, while he pays me $50k per year then I say fuck you its my time and I will do what I want.

If he offers me between $500k and $1m a year then I will do as I am told

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
On the backpage this week the guy from Melbourne referred to "he was not like a Rugby player getting into a fight" or something to that effect.

This was the first time I have heard a slur against Rugby players, it is usually league.

Has the tide turned?

I want tough action to show that incidents are taken seriously.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Does anyone think how easy it seems to be for a player with coloured skin to just say "hey there was a racial slur", not saying there was or wasn't, and hate racial comments, but I find sometimes it easy to pull it out.
Funnily enough was told just a couple of weeks ago that QC (Quade Cooper) has said that Kurtley can be a nasty bastard when pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.