• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Beale and Cooper in boozy incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
sounds exactly like the Benji Marshall case

It does, but it could just as easily be one of those "you spilt my drink" scenarios, we've all been there.

I heard on the radio last night that QC (Quade Cooper) buys followers.
What's the go there?

Look at the attached image, all too common.

Attachments

• 484148_10151032690998825_418476533_n.jpg
    484148_10151032690998825_418476533_n.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 347

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Except Benji was on the front foot explaining the circumstances from the outset.
As he was confident that he was not at fault.
No immediate denials from those involved ALWAYS means one thing only.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So obviously KB (Kurtley Beale) got baited, and probably the bastards that Quade stole the laptops off was there causing probs, so they have been picked on. I will wait to see what really happens, but still wonder what they doing at Vic at 2am, FFS what good things happen there at that time. If anyone thinks saying Zac G did it so it alright for bthses boys to do it are idiots, not suggesting they get sacked but something has to be done!! Remeber Tuquiri/

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Except Benji was on the front foot explaining the circumstances from the outset.
As he was confident that he was not at fault.
No immediate denials from those involved ALWAYS means one thing only.

Come on now, that's too cut and dry.

This story hasn't even been out for a day and there's a test match tomorrow, maybe they didn't think it was a big enough deal to warrant a comment and wanted to let it blow over?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I'd like to think this sort of repeat behaviour would not be tolerated by the NZRU but, no question about it, they went soft on Zac Guildford. May have had something to do with the loss of his father recently. Do QC (Quade Cooper) and Beale have any similar problems that would cause them to get drunk and pick fights on a Thursday morning?
Heyneke Meyer is known to be very strict on this.

P

Paradox

I'm not suggesting these guys are guilty but if they are they are repeat offenders. I find it bemusing that a large number of Aussie rugby fans pour speculative and unproven scorn on a bloke like Giteau for a photo which shows him leaning up against a pole with a scowl on his face (Giteau has a squeeky clean history of behaviour) and yet others who may potentially be dishonouring the code are forgiven. Just saying.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I'm not suggesting these guys are guilty but if they are they are repeat offenders. I find it bemusing that a large number of Aussie rugby fans pour speculative and unproven scorn on a bloke like Giteau for a photo which shows him leaning up against a pole with a scowl on his face (Giteau has a squeeky clean history of behaviour) and yet others who may potentially be dishonouring the code are forgiven. Just saying.
A paradox maybe?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Nah Boet, if you want to play for your country you must know you are a high tree and have to set example for specially kids. Do you know how many SA rugby kids see Cooper as their ultimate rugby hero.

Here is one
Klippies.jpg

Look closely and you'll see he wears a WP shirt, played WP Craven Week rugby, played Boland hockey and cricket.

Cooper must know he is a tall tree and they catch the most wind and should behave and know where the limits are. If he cant he should stay away from bars and kak.
I don't disagree with what you are saying Paarl but lets just wait for all the facts to come out. Part of being a tall tree also means often there is some small dickhead trying to make a name for himself at your expense. This could all be a storm in a tea cup and these blokes have the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. I think we all owe it to our kids to set an example with those values also.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)

Is that like the pirate code? I understand that it's more of a guideline?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If anyone thinks saying Zac G did it so it alright for bthses boys to do it are idiots, not suggesting they get sacked but something has to be done!! Remeber Tuquiri/

The big difference here is that Zac ran into Trader Jacks at 10pm, whilst these blokes were at 2am.

Everybody knows it's not worth going out before midnight.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Police investigate incident at Brisbane hotel involving Wallabies Kurtley Beale and Quade Cooper

By Jim Tucker and Alison Sandy
The Courier Mail
June 08, 2012 7.06PM

Wallabies stars Quade Cooper and Kurtley Beale have been involved in a boozy incident at a Brisbane nightspot where police were called.

The Australian Rugby Union confirmed on Friday they were investigating an incident.

“We’ve been made aware of an incident overnight and are still making our own enquiries. As a matter of process the issue will be referred to an ARU disciplinary review procedure. We have nothing further to add at this stage,” an ARU spokesman said.

According to police sources, Beale allegedly struck a security guard at the Victory Hotel after he and Cooper were ejected from the premises.

Cooper then grabbed the phone of a witness who was filming the incident, and smashed the device, it was alleged.

No charges have been laid further police action has not been ruled out.

Sources indicate police attended the nightspot on Thursday night after a reported scuffle involving the players and fellow patrons.

Australian Leisure and Hospitality Group Queensland manager David Curry, whose company owns the Victory Hotel, said he was aware of the incident “but as far as I’m concerned it’s a minor incident and we won’t be commenting further”.

Neither player is involved in Saturday night's Test against Wales at Suncorp Stadium.

Fly-half Cooper was released from the Wallabies squad earlier in the week because he needs more time to reach full match fitness and confidence after a long lay-off following major knee surgery.

Fullback Beale accompanied the Wallabies to Brisbane where he has received more treatment on his damaged shoulder. He is a chance to return to the side later in the three-Test series against Wales when he regains fitness.

It continues a chequered history of off-field incidents for Cooper.

Late in 2009, he found himself charged with burglary of a laptop on the Gold Coast after a drunken night out.
Only a compensation payment made the ugly incident go away when the charges were withdrawn in mid-2010 after mediation at Southport Magistrates Court.

He was in hot water again after being evicted from a North Stradbroke Island bar last December.

Beale had done work to repair his image after being fined in 2007 when being caught driving under the influence and without a licence as a teenager.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I think a lot is made of any kind of star/Athlete who wonders off the road, always two sides to a story, some would say three.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I for one would love to see a Jake vs QC (Quade Cooper) bare knuckle fight and I hate bare knuckle fighting.
Temuera Morrison (Jake) is, surprisingly, quite a small bloke. Mel Gibson would be a better match in size and age. Two yank veteran stars in the ring!

For Charity.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought the latest scientific evidence suggested that alcohol and rehab are incompatible. So what the hell were the two of them doing out after midnight drinking alcohol while supposedly in recovery?

And don't give me that "we've all done it, just boys being boys" crap. Wallaby players have a responsibility to be better than that.

M

Muttonbird

I thought the latest scientific evidence suggested that alcohol and rehab are incompatible. So what the hell were the two of them doing out after midnight drinking alcohol while supposedly in recovery?

And don't give me that "we've all done it, just boys being boys" crap. Wallaby players have a responsibility to be better than that.
Agreed. NZ cricketer Jesse Ryder has well documented alcohol problems and was sacked by NZC earlier this year for having a drink with a team-mate while recovering from a calf strain (or similar). He's a repeat offender like QC (Quade Cooper) and KB (Kurtley Beale) and was in rehab like QC (Quade Cooper) and KB (Kurtley Beale). NZC had had enough - I wonder if the ARU has had enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.