• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Beale and Cooper in boozy incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
About 12 or 13 years ago, when I was still a uni student, a bit of street theatre outside the Vic was not an uncommon event.

The most memorable was on the footpath right outside the door. There were three security guys holding a "patron" down on the ground, with a fourth sitting on him, while a fifth was busy kicking the shit out of the guy on the ground as hard as he could. From the wailing coming from the guy on the ground, he was not enjoying it too much.

I am guessing not much has changed with the place.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What if they were defending themselves?

I'll reserve judgment until I know the facts. If I'm going to demand the highest standards from my sports stars, the least I can do is show some moral standards myself.
Hey no one has said they should be stood down immediately,or fined x amount before any hearing.
Personally I am happy to take their word for it when they say they were unwitting victims.....they have said that haven't they?

M

Muttonbird

I'd like to think this sort of repeat behaviour would not be tolerated by the NZRU but, no question about it, they went soft on Zac Guildford. May have had something to do with the loss of his father recently. Do QC (Quade Cooper) and Beale have any similar problems that would cause them to get drunk and pick fights on a Thursday morning?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
'Allegedly' KB (Kurtley Beale) was the subject of racist comments during the night.

Will wait and see if this is true. If so, then the person(s) involved should be in trouble.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Seriously, these events are played out, night after night, over and over again. The fact that Quade and Kurtley are involved has made is newsworthy, but I really could not care less.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I wonder if anybody has learned from the fiasco surrounding previous entrants in the bad behaviour threads. Some are bad incidents and get proved, eg. Quokka throwing and Michelin men jumping on cars and others are non events.

Personally I will wait and listen (to anybody other than the ARU spin doctors, those of the unreleased review reports) before commenting.

M

Muttonbird

He still regards Quade as the playmaker, no matter what he reads on GAGR.
For what it's worth I agree that Beale could do better with his choice of drinking companion. That's not b/c Cooper is a kiwi though, it's because he's an immature idiot.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'd like to think this sort of repeat behaviour would not be tolerated by the NZRU but, no question about it, they went soft on Zac Guildford. May have had something to do with the loss of his father recently. Do QC (Quade Cooper) and Beale have any similar problems that would cause them to get drunk and pick fights on a Thursday morning?

The poor bloke lost his Dad, and that sucks. However, the man died in mid-2009 and Zac toured with the ABs and had good form in late 2009.

If he was deemed stable by himself, his family, and no doubt a sports psyc or two less than 6 months after the death. There is no way we can blame a melt down on it in late 2011.

It sucks his Dad died but I don't think anybody can or would suggest that caused the issues, at least directly.

M

Muttonbird

sounds exactly like the Benji Marshall case

It does. These players do get targetted by boozed-up members of the public which is unfortunate. I would have thought clubs/franchises/unions had a responsibility to impress upon these young men the dangers of drinking in public at that time of night. It's surprising how 'normal' these successful young men are.

M

Muttonbird

The poor bloke lost his Dad, and that sucks. However, the man died in mid-2009 and Zac toured with the ABs and had good form in late 2009.

If he was deemed stable by himself, his family, and no doubt a sports psyc or two less than 6 months after the death. There is no way we can blame a melt down on it in late 2011.

It sucks his Dad died but I don't think anybody can or would suggest that caused the issues, at least directly.
I agree. Guildford has issues with alcohol, that is certain. There have been no incidents since the Cook Islands and maybe that's because he has stayed sober. I hope it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.