• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 New Zealand vs Australia, August 7 2021

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yes, agreed. The tighter game plan seems to suit our pack and I don't mind them playing a touch more conservatively. I think we've had enough of the Cheika run it from everyone style. More direct, more brutality and earning the right to go wide is a good strategy at test level.

To an extent. We don't want to go full Lions tour.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
To an extent. We don't want to go full Lions tour.

No of course not and that's not really the way we play anyway. I just liked that direct approach that the boys took and to show a bit of patience in tight before throwing it wide. Our world beating sides in the past always had a good set piece and tight game around the fringes.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I got such a laugh hearing the Wallabies on the news talking up their chances of winning there, but what more can you say really. Just say we got no chance and we all know what's coming? Of course they won't say that. However, they struggled to scrape past a miserable France C outfit so I've got absolutely zero confidence of them winning in New Zealand, let alone at the fortress of Eden..

Lucky your an All Blacks fan so we dont care what you think

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Of course the Wallabies can win.

I'd think Test 2 would be a better chance simply with the familiarity of playing at the same ground 2 weeks in a row and presumably a smaller crowd (with the test being moved at the last minute) but who knows.

I think both teams are in a much better spot going into Bledisloe 1 this year than last year having had some lead in games - hopefully it's just as entertaining as Bledisloe 1 last year.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
In my one season stint at Easts every Kiwi that turned up there claimed to be a 'junior all black'.

Yep we had a young fella turned up at Logan Rugby about 20 odd years ago, was an NZ colt he says, so I asked him what Cowboy Shaw was like as a coach, he didn't know who I meant, and funnily enough never came back.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That was it - All Black triallist. It was a long time ago!

Mate that wasn't limited to Aus, even in NZ there were a few claimed to be trialists back in late 60s, but they would say midweek trial, noone could remember who played in them.
And funny we should be talking about this, I have just come from Golf, and had an ex-All Black playing there today, he was over on hols from Perth. And yep he is the real deal, I remember him being an AB in 80s.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Of course the Wallabies can win.

I'd think Test 2 would be a better chance simply with the familiarity of playing at the same ground 2 weeks in a row and presumably a smaller crowd (with the test being moved at the last minute) but who knows.

I think both teams are in a much better spot going into Bledisloe 1 this year than last year having had some lead in games - hopefully it's just as entertaining as Bledisloe 1 last year.

Dare I say it......that if young Lolesio doesn't aim up in a first Test loss, and I sincerely hope he brains them, does Quade Cooper get a gig in the second?

There I said it!

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
URH - terrible news (mainly Koroibete but tbh I think Naisarani outplayed Wilson in the France series)

How is Vunivalu going do we think? Petaia? One of them to play wing then.

1. Slipper 2. Amosa 3. Ala'alatoa
4. Swain 5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Swinton 8. Wilson 7. Hoops
9. White 10. Lolesio 11. Hodge 12. Paisami 13. Petaia 14. Vunivalu 15. Banks

16. Uelese 17. Bell 18. Tupou 19. Philip 20. Valetini 21. Mcdermott 22. To'omua 23. Kellaway

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
No chance of Koroibete, Naisarani or Fa'amausili this week after breaching team protocol for drinking past an agreed time

Dave Rennie...in the SMH...

“We are building a culture of working hard for each other and being accountable for our actions,” Rennie said. “On this occasion, these three players haven’t lived up to that and we’ve taken a very clear stance.“Ultimately these three men have paid a big price for their decisions but that’s the standard we expect of each other.”

Great stuff......no one is above the Gold jersey and the team.....

Advertisement

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No chance of Koroibete, Naisarani or Fa'amausili this week after breaching team protocol for drinking past an agreed time

d8a5938c-baea-4b95-9706-606596f207a3_text.gif

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
gees - losing strike power on the wings with Koro and Daugunu out is key.

Somehow Banks, Wright and Hodge doesn't feel as threatening.

Will they consider throwing Petaia there?