• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, 8:05pm

Who wins?

• Walabies

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • All Blacks

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

The real surprise is that anyone who has watched more than 10 minutes of super rugby in 2016 is surprised by the result.

Totally, i suspect though from the activity in the threads, most posters here only watch when the team they support is playing and therefore probably saw very few Super Rugby games.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The stewards have asked for a photo, with many vying for that prize! Moore and Simmons (if only for the lineout debacle), DHP gave it a nudge too. But I think those two were close to a dead heat.
I thought dhp was the best back. But I only saw the second half

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Surely Foley needs to cop some stick?

To be fair a 10 can't do much with a platform like that, or lack thereof. I think he had maybe 2 decent chances all game to do something... oh yeh but on those chances he decided to kick and get charged down, or cross kick straight to Dagg.

Not sure Cooper could have done anything in a game like that, but might be worth a shot just for his kicking.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well these are supposed to be professional players. Some with over 100 tests, most with more than 30, yet they cannot kick for shit (as I and others have been discussing for the past 10 years so it shouldn't be a secret but then our deluded coaches think that is "running rugby"), their passing is also poor fundamentally so when its under pressure its magnitudes of order worse, and over this year the individual defensive skills have also declined. The 23 players and probably most Australian players should all be arrested and charged for Fraud. They have been accepting money under false pretences. They are getting paid professional money and time and again fail to produce professional standards. Regardless of the result the actual standards produced by the players is just fundamentally poor.

The Wallabies have now proved that they can lose by a record margin against England with close to 70% of possession and against the All Blacks with 30%.

Chieka would be sacked if there was a viable alternative.

The big problem Gnostic is that Australian rugby has been in a downward spiral since 2003. It's been barely perceptable at the elite level until recently, but this has been coming for a while. I see no short term fix for it. The game a junior club and state school levels has almost disappeared.

The best available players are in the squad and the best available coach has the job.

All (or almost all) of these players have been in our elite programmes since they were about 15 and yet many cannot execute the basic skills at the highest level. Kicking, passing, tackling, running, scrummaging, lineouts and tactically we were comprehensively outplayed tonight. Not one Australian player would be selected in a combined AUS/NZ 23 based on tonight's game.

At this point I expect the usual suspects to come out and say it's not as bad as all that, the ARU are doing a great job, the current CEO and all previous ones have done great jobs.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Depending on injuries I would drop DHP to the bench, or possibly out of the 23 based on that performance.........

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I thought dhp was the best back. But I only saw the second half

You need to watch more closely. Defensively at sea (not alone there though) in particular. He was not our worst player, but not great.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
You need to watch more closely. Defensively at sea (not alone there though) in particular. He was not our worst player, but not great.
Yeh i need to watch the first half. To be fair not many of our players defended well.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The big problem Gnostic is that Australian rugby has been in a downward spiral since 2003. It's been barely perceptable at the elite level until recently, but this has been coming for a while. I see no short term fix for it. The game a junior club and state school levels has almost disappeared.

The best available players are in the squad and the best available coach has the job.

All (or almost all) of these players have been in our elite programmes since they were about 15 and yet many cannot execute the basic skills at the highest level. Kicking, passing, tackling, running, scrummaging, lineouts and tactically we were comprehensively outplayed tonight. Not one Australian player would be selected in a combined AUS/NZ 23 based on tonight's game.

At this point I expect the usual suspects to come out and say it's not as bad as all that, the ARU are doing a great job, the current CEO and all previous ones have done great jobs.

Yes. But given that these players are professional and they are skilled individuals I have to sheet most of the blame home to successive coaches at both Super and National level for the total lack of skills.

Like I said they are all in danger of getting charged with Fraudulently accepting money pretending to be professional rugby players. What a lark getting paid shit loads of money to be shite at something, pretend to be good and be paid in spite of the results, may as well become a politician, Lawyer or Banker, or hang on a Commentator.

Status
Not open for further replies.