• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #2 - AUS v NZL, Eden Park, Auckland, August 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
On Quade, its a gamble but a damn good one. If he stumbles rwc decisions move on, but if the faith gives him the confidence to be the stunning player we all miss, we all win, esp Quade.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We've had a couple of pages to have our say about both the Coaches selections.

Time to put your family jewels on the table. Who is going to win and by how much?

This could also serve as an opportunity to impose a jinx if that is what rocks your boat.

I see The Darkness prevailing over the Men in Gold by 15 points, although the Good Guys will score first and only be two points behind at Oranges.

The Darkness have a huge amount resting on this game. They will want to make this a memorable match for Sir Richie GOAT, and Dan Carter. RWC positions are on the line for them as well. It is Eden Park, and they have a myth to protect. This is a Bledisloe Cup decider. The loss at Homebush would have been under all sorts of media, and pub, club, kitchen and lounge room scrutiny across the Shaky Isles.

Meanwhile TGC Is simply tinkering with his team with a view to getting things right for the RWC.

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
I'm looking forward to teach having Stirling Mortlock as his avatar for another week after the Wallabies win by 3. It will be off the back of a fantastic piece of Kurtley Beale magic to score in the corner in the dying stages, just so I can see the world truly burn :D

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I reckon this game will be won and lost in the first half.
Im guessing the Wallabies are going all out attack in the first half. The inclusion of Cooper and Speight give us probably our most dangerous attacking backline and the Cheika has chosen a pack designed to give us front foot ball and also to wear out the opposition.

If we can go into half time within 7 points I'd actually be quietly confident that we have the reserves to turn the game in the second half. We can bring on a fresh tight five and finish the game with Pooper domination. The All Blacks reserve front row isn't as strong IMO, and they have no reserve locks, so I can see our tight five having the ascendency in the final 30 minutes. That's the plan I guess.

My concern though is similar to Bairdy is that the All Blacks will come out and try to play end to end rugby and run around the likes of Palu and Skelton. If they do it like only NZ can, its possible we go into half time behind by 20 and then its game over. But as I said, conversely if we can hang with them for the first 40, our big bodies should tire their tight 5 to an extent and we might wish the stronger of the two sides.

fascinating stuff.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm looking forward to teach having Stirling Mortlock as his avatar for another week after the Wallabies win by 3.

If the Wallabies win I'll be changing my avatar, probably to a Cheika....possibly Quade Cooper

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hmm I disagree there BDA. I think the Wallabies will play tight in the first half and be direct. Similar to how 2012 and 2013 matches started. Lots of pick and drives. Win the collisions early on, Skelton and Palu instructed to bash and bash until half time when Mumm and Pocock are brought on and then we up the tempo.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
If the Wallabies win I'll be changing my avatar, probably to a Cheika..possibly Quade Cooper

BDA....if we win how about I pick you a lovely QC (Quade Cooper) avatar and if we lose you can find me a nice little King Carlos one?

Reactions: BDA

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I think the AB's are going to come out swinging, keeping it very tight and doing there best to bash the Wallabies into submission early. If we can weather the storm, hold onto the ball when we have it and not make silly errors then we are in with a shot. If it is still tight with 20 minutes to go I think our younger legs will get us home.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Hmm I disagree there BDA. I think the Wallabies will play right in the first half and be direct. Similar to how 2012 and 2013 matches started. Lots of pick and drives. Win the collisions early on, Skelton and Palu instructed to bash and bash until half time when Mumm and Pocock are brought on and then we up the tempo.

Essentially the first half is going to be "Tah-ball" in my opinion. Whether Skelton and Palu will have the same impact at Test level that they do at super xv is my biggest concern, but I'm optimistic as Cheika has already proved us wrong about players like Mumm and Horwill.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Wouldn't be surprised if both teams have a very similar game plan / attacking strategy. Definitely sounds like a classic test match with both teams looking for field position and trying to apply pressure across the park.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The hostile environment could take its toll. The All Blacks chants will be deafening when they get a roll on. A lot different to last week where we had the majority of fans helping us lift.

Man the players must be nervous. I'm not playing and I feel like I need to take the day off for stress leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.