• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #2 - AUS v NZL, Eden Park, Auckland, August 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Palu tore it up in the Shute shield game for The Marlins last weekend by all reports

Wouldn't say he tore it up. Was his usual strong influence at the scrum base, and ran about 50m to score after picking up a loose ball. He also made some very good defensive hits.

Problem to me is that he looked to be still carrying a leg injury of some sort in his run to the try line.

I think he deserves his chance, but atm I'd prefer to have Poey playing at No 8.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The only performance Cooper's should be compared with is Foley. Both will have started two tests at 10 and neither have seized their opportunity. The media and conitinued focus on his performance is just crazy. Even Kafer has called it Cheika's biggest selection gamble of the year. Utter crap. There are 22 other players out there and the selection of many of those is a far more interesting story.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
He is challenging his squad to dominate in a different way this week, a way in which we will be able to take England head on.
Our boys have their tails up and a good attitude. I would guess that we will probably go down by 6 in a very tough match.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I think the reason Pocock is starting on the bench is not that we can't have Skelton/Hooper/Pocock at the same time, it's just that if we do we also need Simmons, or another suitable lineout general out there as well.

Cue Kane Douglas, IMO Simmons' injury has hastened his return.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
IMHO, either it will be a close win/loss for the Wallabies, or the AB's will blitz us (like last year). Hoping for a close win for Wallabies. I'd say within 10.

It will be interesting to see how QC (Quade Cooper) copes with the NZ crowd this time around, however there are 14 other guys on the field with him, so not everything will be his fault (unless he has a brain implosion)

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Two factors now implicitly correlate the darkness with loss, (1) implosion, which is uncharacteristic but since Sydney, quadrennially. And (2) one Wayne Barnes haha

Perhaps a bit of truth to this.

NZ under Wayne Barnes. 4 losses from 8.
AUS " 12/13 wins from 12/13, there abouts.

SURELY, the comments from the books of a certain RM and GH are not forgotten easily. haha (nervous laugh)

Looking forward to tomorrow's game. It's quite exciting because I don't think anyone knows exactly what to expect this time around.

SHIT, just remembered I'll be working during the game. Will have to do some bribery of the coworkers to get me a long break.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
SHIT, just remembered I'll be working during the game.

In instances like this, the entire concept of work is simply an unveiled and egregious insult to living life as a life-themed construct.

It is an Anti-Life insult.

Why work to afford freedom then make the glorious thrilling moments that make life worth living unavailable? I am calling your boss on your behalf, there is an urgent contracting job, Byron blocked up the shitter, there's an audit that needs collecting in Sector 7, I'm your gay husband and I demand you come home this instant and breastfeed our test-tube baby, who cares what the reason is, why should I put any effort into an elaborate excuse when these imbecilic cretins have the unmitigated gall to schedule these obscene charades of duress during rites of **national importance**?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was interesting to see on "Breakdown' how the 2 sides were able to get up over the offside line unchecked last week, as both marshall and Gregan said, once the ref allows the side to creep up they will, so perhaps would like it to be watched a little more this week.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
If we start like we did last week , dropped ball , poor passes ,missed opportunities we will get flogged , put it down to nerves and luckily the ABs had them as well, i doubt they will be like that again .
trying not to overstate this i reckon the selection process Chiek has developed is revolutionary and could be the biggest thing since they went pro .. two teams basically , rotated through positions and given equal chance to perform , if it works every coach will need to follow ,,most interesting test for bloody ages ,, ( or last week at least !)

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Looking forward to tomorrow's game. It's quite exciting because I don't think anyone knows exactly what to expect this time around.
This is it for me too. It's a genuinely exciting prospect. I have no idea what to expect but I think the one constant that will remain is that regardless of the rest of the noise surrounding the test, Eden Park is a genuinely tough ground to win at for the visiting team.
Fuck I'm looking forward to this match.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
ABs by 20, no tries to us. Maybe we'll claw back some parity when the benches are emptied, although the speculation will be whether we earned it or the ABs just took their foot off the pedal.

Hoping for egg on my face, obviously.

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
Was interesting to see on "Breakdown' how the 2 sides were able to get up over the offside line unchecked last week, as both marshall and Gregan said, once the ref allows the side to creep up they will, so perhaps would like it to be watched a little more this week.

Dan,

Where is the "breakdown" ?

Thanks

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I can't remember the last time that Wycliff Palu was a real impact player at test level. Last opportunity for him.

If he returns to being crushed by ABs in Eden Park then put Lopeti Timani on the plane to UK

Status
Not open for further replies.