• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #2 - AUS v NZL, Eden Park, Auckland, August 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dan,

Where is the "breakdown" ?

Thanks )

NZ rugby vids on facebook Gold, they post a lot of NZ rugby stuff

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
I know we can not change our 23 without jumping thru hoops but can we change our starting line up last minute? Throwing in Pocock as 8 before the game for Palu would be a good move. Bring Palu on for the last twenty or thirty to replace whoever from the loose forwards needs the hook.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Time to put your family jewels on the table. Who is going to win and by how much?

Wallabies by 10. They're a better side than New Zealand at the moment.

People say New Zealand never play two poor games in a row. If last week was a single poor performance in their usual stellar year (an all black swan event, if you like) then that'd be a fair comment. But it wasn't: it was a continuation of a scratchy year, and one with a seemingly downwards trajectory. Samoa gave them a fright. Argentina easily got over their line with mauls. South Africa could have (and should have) beaten them. We did beat them.

Class is permanent, and form is temporary. But both have their trajectories. New Zealand look like a team out of form, and as such they can be beaten, no matter how angry they are with themselves, or the Wallabies. The myth of angry performance in rugby is limited to those players and teams who usually perform below their abilities. Improved performance comes from improved execution. If New Zealand needed a loss to sting them into maximum performance, they wouldn't be as successful as they are.

They're there for the taking, and we have to do that.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
We've had a couple of pages to have our say about both the Coaches selections.

Time to put your family jewels on the table. Who is going to win and by how much?

This could also serve as an opportunity to impose a jinx if that is what rocks your boat.

I see The Darkness prevailing over the Men in Gold by 15 points, although the Good Guys will score first and only be two points behind at Oranges.

The Darkness have a huge amount resting on this game. They will want to make this a memorable match for Sir Richie GOAT, and Dan Carter. RWC positions are on the line for them as well. It is Eden Park, and they have a myth to protect. This is a Bledisloe Cup decider. The loss at Homebush would have been under all sorts of media, and pub, club, kitchen and lounge room scrutiny across the Shaky Isles.

Meanwhile TGC Is simply tinkering with his team with a view to getting things right for the RWC.

Can't agree with an AB win. I think their confidence is rattled after very nearly going down to the 'boks, then never really putting it together against us last weekend.
They suddenly have a lot of 'what if...' questions.

Also a refreshed Pocock combining with a non-stop Hooper in the 2nd half, plus an intimidating front row replacement will blow the AB's away.

Wobblies by 6 points

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Haha I love how a blown away ABs = us winning by six points.

I don't care how we do it and by what margin, just get over the line and enjoy choking on the tsunami of beer from the Cup.

If this happens I'll probably do something regrettable and rash, but fuck it'll be worth it.

ABs by 7.5+.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
I have really sore balls from sitting on the fence trying to pick a winner, so here goes.

I'm going to say good will triumph over evil with a 2 point come form behind thrashing of the All Blacks.

The lineout will leak possession, the scrum will again win some back. Both mobs will drop the ball plenty, our finishers will go better than their substitutes. Owens will go alright. The crowd will be pissed off.

My nuts are feeling better already.

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
I will take a win and after that I will take a sex pack of beer, some fush and chops and a cadbury whop please!

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
I know we can not change our 23 without jumping thru hoops but can we change our starting line up last minute? Throwing in Pocock as 8 before the game for Palu would be a good move. Bring Palu on for the last twenty or thirty to replace whoever from the loose forwards needs the hook.

Good idea. Palû was rooted after one big run in club rugby last week. I'd keep him on the bench too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Good idea. Palû was rooted after one big run in club rugby last week. I'd keep him on the bench too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a period of maximum effort from Palu, replaced by Pocock, is a much better plan. You wouldn't want to replace any of Pocock, Hooper or Fardy with Palu in the final 20 minutes, when those players are in their element, and our new method is to speed the game up.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I think a period of maximum effort from Palu, followed by Pocock, is a much better plan. You wouldn't want to replace any of Pocock, Hooper or Fardy with Palu in the final 20 minutes, when those players are in their element.

Actually Fardy was pretty screwed before he went off last week too.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I really think Palu and Skelton will be there to set the physicality and go hard in the first half. Palu will be replaced at half time by Pocock and Skelton may go a while longer before being replaced (also depending on how he is playing). I wouldn't be surprised if Horwill is subbed by Mumm prior to Skelton.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
For interest - from published data:
  1. AB starting XV has average age of 29yo with 5 players 33+yo.
  2. AB XXIII average age 28yo.
  3. WAL starting XV has average age of 27yo with 5 players 30+ years.
  4. WAL XXIII av age 28yo.
  5. AB starting XV has av caps of 66 (3 players >100 caps).
  6. AB Bench av 36 caps. XXIII av 56 caps (5 players >90 caps).
  7. WAL starting XV has av caps of 41 (1 player >100 caps).
  8. WAL Bench av 47 caps. XXIII av 43 caps (3 players >90 caps).
  9. AB starting pack 915kg. Loose 11 kg with front row replacements.
  10. WAL starting pack 936kg (+21kg). Gain 1kg on FRow off bench.
  11. WAL lose 10-20kg if/when Skelton replaced.
  12. WAL to maintain weight advantage + experience off bench.
GO YOU GOOD THINGS!!!!!

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm looking forward to teach having Stirling Mortlock as his avatar for another week after the Wallabies win by 3. It will be off the back of a fantastic piece of Kurtley Beale magic to score in the corner in the dying stages, just so I can see the world truly burn :D

I prefer to hold out hopes for a 40 point whitewash, with the Wallabies only scoring chance in the 79th minute is ruined when Quade throws a cut out pass which is intercepted by Ben Smith, who passes back on the inside to Richie, who then converts his own try.

Then Joeleee (with too many frickin eeees in his name) will get to sport Sir Richie, freshly annointed AS THE MOST CAPPED RUGBY PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME, BITCHES.

Status
Not open for further replies.