• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2. Eden Park, 24th Sept 7.05pm NZT. 5.05 pm AEST, 3.05 WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Well that's a little different, the ref thought the ball left the ruck and was out. I'm saying, if the ball is still in the ruck (but clearly able to be played), the ref can call 'balls out'.

I am sick of ref's saying "use it" only for the ball to remain at the end of the ruck another 10 seconds.
But haven’t you heard, tine wasting has been stamped out now due to one random call! Hooray!

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Score Predictions for today?

I was way off last week with 27/12 and saying I didn’t know how we’d score points.

Unfortunately the great performance last week hasn’t changed my prediction this week. Scared of the let down factor and roller coaster form we seem to play with.

31/14

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Such a difficult game to pick as the heart is getting in the way. If ever there was a time for the all black team to lose to Australia at Eden Park, it would be now. They have just been so terribly inconsistent, and despite Australia lacking in basic skills and game awareness outside of structured play they definitely can click into gear and some of their tries this year have been truly magical. There are some emerging wallabies that are truly world class and the coach is leagues ahead of others in terms of crafting a game plan.

Conversely the statistics and results of this season do not suggest Australia will get within half the points of the all blacks in this match. The surprise results so often through this tournament have been reversed by the clearly better side in the return match and that doesn't suggest a good match for Australia tonight. The Eden Park thing is probably living rent free in Australia at this point, and the new Zealand team gain an extra 15 points on the back of that alone. Despite the wallaby coach being leagues ahead of others in crafting a game plan, the wallabies are so often just not up to the level of executing it.

The referee will again play a big part in this match, but that will be 100% on Australia's shoulders. For the better part of two years Australia has been pounded by penalties as the northern hemisphere referees (quite rightly) referee the laws of the game and the Australians fail to adapt.

Australia to win by 7.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I buggered if I can even guess score. I obviously want ABs to win, by how much I not really sure. Am I overly confident, no, but I have never been in a test with Australia.
I can probably give you a pretty confident score about 9pm tonight if it helps? ;)

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have to admit that I came stone motherless last in our Super Rugby tipping comp and that's a first for me. So if you are feeling optimistic about the Wallabies that's good if you think the AB's by a lot or little that's OK too. It has the makings of a great game and I could live with dismay over my prediction IF the game is one of those great ones.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
I'll be at a work function, so will be staying away from radio/internet until I get home, and can hopefully watch it when I get home (will have enough lubrication by then I guess), I'm sitting on the fence, if we win, it will be close by 2 points, but if the AB's get up it will be a blow out.

Status
Not open for further replies.