• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2. Eden Park, 24th Sept 7.05pm NZT. 5.05 pm AEST, 3.05 WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Rapid thoughts. Horrible performance. Beaten fair and square. How can an All Blacks try be viewed from 20 angles from the TMO and Wilson’s not once? How can Slippers potential illegal tackle on Retalick (which was cleared) be looked at but nothing for Reece? It’s a shambles. Reiko continues to be almost the biggest flog in the ABs, just shaded by the ones that bash women. Not sure where the Wallabies go from here. After the debacle of last week I wrote that I was hoping for a reaction of ice cold fury. But we barely threw a punch.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Good game ABs Loving the look of this backline and the way they are getting all these weapons in Mo’unga, both Barretts, Will Jordan etc all on the field and working on how they can play and gel together.

The forwards are looking a lot better than they did against the Irish.

Keep building boys.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Rapid thoughts. Horrible performance. Beaten fair and square. How can an All Blacks try be viewed from 20 angles from the TMO and Wilson’s not once?
Perhaps because the ref saw what happened?
Anyway I understand you are disappointed and will perhaps say things while we fired up or disappointed, but I will admit to being very happy at moment, so will leave it until tomorrow.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Good game ABs Loving the look of this backline and the way they are getting all these weapons in Mo’unga, both Barretts, Will Jordan etc all on the field and working on how they can play and gel together.

The forwards are looking a lot better than they did against the Irish.

Keep building boys.

Our back have no hope against there backline, but I think our forwards should have at least got parity. But we can't play two games in a row with the same intensity apparently.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
They're not defining moments that won the game for the all blacks, but I am absolutely lost at how things swing from officiating teams.

Lomax wasn't sent to the bin last week, but Holloway was, the Ref didn't even consider checking Wilsons grounding but did for Whitlock and then Sevu smacks a bloke in the head and not even checked. Valentine was given a red for that last year.

I just want consistency in what is and isn't a yellow and red card. Christ.

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
well, that was hard to watch. no point blaming the ref if we cant catch the ball or miss tackles. wrights quick tap (again?!) failing spectacularly and leading to points was the death knell. playing a quarter of a game a man down your decision making needs to be clearer than that.

we continue our weekly swings and round abouts of performances. not sure what rennie's options are now, but hes going to have to own the players he has and a massive loss rate.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Our back have no hope against there backline, but I think our forwards should have at least got parity. But we can't play two games in a row with the same intensity apparently.
Have to agree with this. A lot of league style athletes in the backline and by that I mean great athletic ability not sure what’s happening up top in the brain department. We have some rugby brains in the backline Kellaway, Foley and Hodge but next tier down in athletic ability. Have to prioritise brains over braun I think they have to call time on some of the backs.
Betting the house on schoolboy rockstars hasn’t proven successful. Maybe betting on players who have a proven ability to cut it in adult (as in everyone is over 18) rugby maybe a better strategy.

Th0mo

Allen Oxlade (6)
They're not defining moments that won the game for the all blacks, but I am absolutely lost at how things swing from officiating teams.

Lomax wasn't sent to the bin last week, but Holloway was, the Ref didn't even consider checking Wilsons grounding but did for Whitlock and then Sevu smacks a bloke in the head and not even checked. Valentine was given a red for that last year.

I just want consistency in what is and isn't a yellow and red card. Christ.
Raynal was all over the shop last week and tonight was only marginally better but Welsh TMO has been very poor across both games in terms of foul play and in goal reviews. Finding a knock on in goal by the Wallabies was peak 'value add'. No doubt review of last week put them on to the guidelines re going past the horizontal (how the F do you not know these as a professional?).

Anyway everytime I watch this one it looks worse. Might see it again in March next year when they go through the foul play examples for the game management guidelines...

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah I’ve never liked players getting done for that kind of thing. I think that’s a collision sport incident.

I know IT’S THE RULES but I just think, shit it’s Rugby right.

You are right that its very inconsistent to not even be looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.