• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2. Eden Park, 24th Sept 7.05pm NZT. 5.05 pm AEST, 3.05 WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Wallabies simply uncoachable. We’ve had 4 pretty well credentialed coaches over the years who haven’t been able to get any consistency out of them. We have too many pro teams in Aust and too many players soaking up resources that shouldn’t be playing. Our decent players head O/S and leave behind the fish that John West reject.
the fact we still reach back to Cooper and Foley shows how broken our system is.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Perhaps because the ref saw what happened?
Anyway I understand you are disappointed and will perhaps say things while we fired up or disappointed, but I will admit to being very happy at moment, so will leave it until tomorrow.
Please never start a match day thread again….ever.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Does this make Rennie’s win rate an amazingly pathetic 25%?
I suspect Rennie will be having a chat with his wife tonight and may come to an agreement with her that he will take the boys on the EOYT but will resign at the end of it. I don't think any pressure will be put on him but he will think 'I have done all I can for these guys, let someone else have a go'.
This was as disorganised and lacking in focus and commitment effort as I have seen from them in a long time.
The AB's played well and congratulations to them but did we make it hard for ourselves after 20 mins of resistance?
We would also have lost many thousands of eye balls who would decide our game just ain't worth watching.
Anybody blaming the ref has never blown a whistle or played at a reasonable level. It was all on us.
My 12 point win looks very stupid and congrats to the guys suggesting 40-?.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
Anybody blaming the ref has never blown a whistle or played at a reasonable level. It was all on us.
My 12 point win looks very stupid and congrats to the guys suggesting 40-?.
No one is blaming the officiating for the loss. What people are complaining about is selective application of the laws of the game in a manner that brings into question both the judgement and impartiality of the officiating team, especially when there is clear video evidence of foul play that is ignored. FWIW I predicted 40-0.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
well, that was hard to watch. no point blaming the ref if we cant catch the ball or miss tackles. wrights quick tap (again?!) failing spectacularly and leading to points was the death knell. playing a quarter of a game a man down your decision making needs to be clearer than that.

we continue our weekly swings and round abouts of performances. not sure what rennie's options are now, but hes going to have to own the players he has and a massive loss rate.
Wright is far too far on the wrong side of the IQ bell curve and shouldn't be playing rugby union at this level where a certain amount of smarts are necessary.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Wow. Watching the nrl prelim and it's 5 min in and not one whistle blown. What is this!
I’m watching it as well and I’ve almost fallen asleep twice. 5mins in and no contest for possession

A bit of controversy today too with the lack of TMO call for a forward pass in last nites Cowboys/Eels game

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Bell’s ‘own try’ that was awarded to Whitelock after he knocked on over the line
Nah it's ok. It's the Wallabies fault. Not allowed to blame the ref. Have to talk about how poor we were and that had nothing to do with because we had to chase the game because of calls like that

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
My thoughts are we look ahead from here. Look at developing the rugby that we want to play and picking the players for it. Look to the future. Not this World Cup but the next one.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I’m watching it as well and I’ve almost fallen asleep twice. 5mins in and no contest for possession

A bit of controversy today too with the lack of TMO call for a forward pass in last nites Cowboys/Eels game
I've always struggled watching league because there is no continuous contest. But the hits and lack of ref is great

Last edited:

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
No one is blaming the officiating for the loss. What people are complaining about is selective application of the laws of the game in a manner that brings into question both the judgement and impartiality of the officiating team, especially when there is clear video evidence of foul play that is ignored. FWIW I predicted 40-0.
Steven WA: there are about 50% of people complaining about the ref and tmo. This will do nothing to improve the team if many of the supporters are giving them a psychological excuse for a piss poor performance. As a basis guys need to know how to handle the basics of the game ir kicking, passing and tackling. The game is an exercise in proving how much of a man you are and we looked like a bunch of youngsters with no idea about the rules out to have a good time and it all went pear-shaped!
Congratulations on your picking.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
Steven WA: there are about 50% of people complaining about the ref and tmo. This will do nothing to improve the team if many of the supporters are giving them a psychological excuse for a piss poor performance. As a basis guys need to know how to handle the basics of the game ir kicking, passing and tackling. The game is an exercise in proving how much of a man you are and we looked like a bunch of youngsters with no idea about the rules out to have a good time and it all went pear-shaped!
Congratulations on your picking.
So I take it you are ok with attacking the head of a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.