• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 - Wallabies vs All Blacks, Wellington, 27 August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
I must admit, I am not entirely positive about the likeliness of a W for this game, but I sure as hell hope they put a performance on the field that we can be proud of.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Returning to Adam Coleman, I notice that he grew up in Tasmania, went to New Town High School, represented Tasmania in 14s, 16s and 18s and Southern States.

Is he the 1st Tasmanian to play rugby for Australia?

The second I believe. I can't recall his name but there was one before him, I read it somewhere when he got selected for his debut v England.

G

galumay

I can only say that in my life time of watching the Wallabies (the early 1980's until now) we've been competitive almost the whole way through. We still are actually. It's just that we're in a trough right now that will take some effort to get out of.

I guess it depends on your definition of competitive, the win loss ration since 1980 is worse than 2-1, and that includes the era where the Wallabies could claim to be more than competitive - '88-'02. Of the games they have won in the last 36 years since 1980, nearly 25% of them were in that 4 year window.

In the last 13 years the Wallabies have won 6 games and lost 29 - thats sort of outside my definition of competitive!

In my lifetime I think a reasonable argument could be made for the Wallabies being competitive from the late '70's until the early noughties, so to go back to Pedrocolis' comment that he "grew up in a rare period of Wallaby competitiveness" and my throwaway line that he "must have grown up very quickly" - a closer look shows that his comment is accurate and my cheap shot just that!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wellington's weather is on the improve, no rainfall recorded in the last two hours & a Southerly change starting to come through so probably clear & cool by kickoff. Recent MetService webcam image:

image.jpeg

Westpac Stadium would be at the far-right edge.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I guess Rathbone is qualified to comment on the Wallabies being delusional about beating the All Blacks.

Australia's win record against them before he made his debut was 31%.
While he was playing we had 1 win out of 7 i.e 14%
Since he stopped playing it's been at 20%.

As I said earlier, these types of articles when everyone is putting the boot in tend to coincide with a low/turning point. I think a realistic target against the ABs would be to win 1 in 3 in terms of both games and the Cup. That's a way off from where we are now but I think it's definitely achievable in the long run.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FootyTAB now offering $1.08 AB, $8 Wobs, was $1.07/$9 last time I checked so maybe some late money going on Wobs. NZ TAB unchanged at $7.50 Wobs, $1.07 AB. Line still pretty tempting at 19.5.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
What's this webcam bullsh*t? We need some proper meteorological data up in here. The current 6pm rain map:

8512-156c6b89200-156ca955700-156c81ec882.rain3DayForecastNZ-WRF-8KM-UKMO0.png

And Wellington's current climograph:

WlgClimo.JPG

To summarise, Wellington will be cooled by Arctic winds but there'll be no rain. Westpac being a great big bowl means that winds at the ground will probably be swirling in every which way. Barrett will be in his goal kicking element.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nah, at those speeds 90% of the wind gets deflected by the roof, it only gets swirly at 40+ kph. Plus Sou-West is pretty sheltered to begin with. I really don't think conditions are going to be much of a factor (or excuse/ mitigation :)). AB by 12-19.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Scrubber, Cheika was wondering if you might be interested to take over as backs coach:p

Well I'm glad he listened to me at 10/12.

Generally I do believe in the old adage "If it ain't broke ..."

Maybe Chek should be looking for some new assistants.

Reactions: dru

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
10. Quade
12. Foley

are you shitting me? who's at centre, fuckin Pee Wee Herman?

Why not just turn up for your first day of prison sans trousers and already having used an entire jar of honey to draw a delicious dartboard pattern all over your arse?

Quade tackling:

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Knock the AB's backwards from the kickoff. Make them uncomfortable...don't play like pussies. I'm watching player commitment tomorrow. If you aren't in and giving 100% to the jumper get the fark out. Mumm, Skelton, Foley, Moore your on notice.

First time Smith/Barrett gets the ball - I want some flying up to smash them. Get them in 2 minds

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
All signs point towards a massacre. But I'm calling a more respectable performance with a loss of around 10-15 points. But maybe I'm more delusional than the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.