• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #4 New Zealand vs Australia Nov 7 2020

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Alright, talked myself into a Wallabies win. 20-17, all for Slipper. Rob Simmons to have a blinder for his schoolboy teammate in probably last game at Suncorp. Keen to see Tate and Noah play together in Wallaby gold and bring the boys home.
I like it.
I have talked myself into believing we are now on the cusp of revolutionary 5/8 play.
Hodge will invent a new strategy for other countries to copy with his fearless straight running into the thick of NZ defenders, deep kicks from deep in the pocket, 60m penalty goals, huge bombs for fast wingers to chase and score from, 1st to the mid field breakdown support play, and Ella-like try scoring from backing up the breaks.

Of course I initially started that with tongue in cheek, but seriously I don't think Rennie has selected Hodge to play conventional 5/8 play: i.e. quick off the mark in attacking the mid field defensive line; shallow in attack; clever passing to outside supports; avoiding contact with opposition forwards. That's not Hodge.
Something is afoot with Wallaby tactics - I think.
I hope.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Alright, talked myself into a Wallabies win.
I like it too. The forum needs more of it. A semantic creation of meaning, disassociative discombobulation from accepted reason, a placenta of insulatory nurture. Then when reality hits with cold hard numbers in the form of scorelines? "An aberration, a miscount, an interpretative dance of arrythmic misconduct, I mean come on, did it even really happen outside of my mind?"

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I like it too. The forum needs more of it. A semantic creation of meaning, disassociative discombobulation from accepted reason, a placenta of insulatory nurture. Then when reality hits with cold hard numbers in the form of scorelines? "An aberration, a miscount, an interpretative dance of arrythmic misconduct, I mean come on, did it even really happen outside of my mind?"

Is this the Bledisloe or US Election?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)

DP, Stop talking Kiwi

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I just want to see a long range penalty shootout between Stodge Hodge and McNuggets.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Hey, we've got nothing to lose, so:

1. James Slipper
2. Cameron Smith
3. Alan Aaaa
4. Ned Hanigan
5. Matt Phillip
6. Fraser McReight
7. Michael Hooper
8. Harry Wilson
9. Nic White
10. Nathan Cleary
11. Ryan Papenhuysen
12. Cameron Munster
13. Dane Gagai
14. Daniel Tupou
15. James Tedesco

No subs, old school.

A hybrid team of League and Union and you still pick Ned Hanigan at lock?

Reactions: dru

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Try a piece at the moment, three 30 minute thirds with an extended bench and unlimited subs .

Mark N (Nawaqanitawase)’s poor defence already evident.

mudfish

Frank Row (1)
A hybrid team of League and Union and you still pick Ned Hanigan at lock?

Yeah, I can't think of anyone from the NRL I could put in at lock, I'd like a hard-ass like Warea Hargreaves but he's Kiwi, lack of choices but IMO Hanigan is way better than Simmons, he's good in the lineout more mobile, concedes too many penalties tho'. I reckon my backline is way better than what will trot out tonight. Pace, power but they possess what I reckon what the Wobblies backs lack most: rugby nous.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
App working for me, using Apple TV though. Not sure if that would make a difference

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah, I can't think of anyone from the NRL I could put in at lock, I'd like a hard-ass like Warea Hargreaves but he's Kiwi, lack of choices but IMO Hanigan is way better than Simmons, he's good in the lineout more mobile, concedes too many penalties tho'. I reckon my backline is way better than what will trot out tonight. Pace, power but they possess what I reckon what the Wobblies backs lack most: rugby nous.

Vilame Kikau, David Klemmer, Payne Haas probably the tallest ones I can think of currently playing.

EDIT: or Yeo, Saifiti, Matterson who are all 6'4 or taller